Led Zeppelin to receive Kennedy Center Honor

Janvier

It would be a first if anyone being honored at the Kennedy Center Honors performed.

The will received their honors at the White House, so there is no "presentation" on a stage at the Kennedy Center.

But, IF Zeppelin said they would like to perform, then, they would likely be allowed to do so.

But the evening is not just about them, there are others being honored.

So it's not likely LZ will perfrom at the Kennedy Center.

Along with Mr. Jimmy Page, Mr. Robert Plant and Mr. John Paul Jones being given the Kennedy Center Honors Award this year is the great American actor, Mr. Dustin Hoffman. Mr. Hoffman is one of my favorite actors. I am sure alot of you would agree. To name all the great movies he has starred in would be insane. We all know that Dustin Hoffman is one of the Greatest actors of all-time. With that being said, I find it an honor in and of itself that Dustin Hoffman will be receiving this High Honor alongside Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones. It makes me wonder what the conversations would be like between the members of Led Zeppelin and Mr. Hoffman.

Mr. Hoffman, "I saw you guys play at Madison Square Garden in 1973. What a Fucking Concert! I also saw you at the Forum in 1977. Unbelievable! "Since I've Been Loving You" is one of my favorite songs. Oh, and I went to the theater and saw "Celebration Day". Seeing You guys on that stage in London brought back a bunch of memories. You guys still have it after all of these years".

Mr. Page, "Thanks, Dustin. I really admire your pictures. I have been a fan of your pictures since I first saw, "the Graduate" and "Midnight Cowboy"... and by the way, "Wag the Dog" is one of my favorite films. You and Robert De Niro were both excellent in that film. How is Bob anyway? We met a few times back in the '70's and I was hoping he would be here to pay tribute to your storied career. I know that he was given this honor back in 2009. Anyway, here's my number. Call me anytime. Next time you see Bob give him my number as well. I would like to catch up with him as well. Maybe all of Us could go out to dinner sometime real soon (Jimmy looking at Robert and John Paul. Both of them nodding their head in agreement). Congratulations. You deserve this".

Mr. Hoffman, "Thanks Jimmy. I will. Hey? When are we gonna hear some new music from you? Since I am still making movies at my age, You need to be still making Music at yours. Remember, I am 7 years older than you and I have no intenion of packing it up just yet. Neither should you."

Mr. Page, "I have some ideas that I think will come to fruition, hopefully, next year. Maybe not with these two chaps here, but I am not ready to pack it up yet either. You ready? Let's go out and do this".

Dustin Hoffman doesn't strike me as a Zeppelin fan.

Now the conversation between Buddy Guy and the lads I would love to hear. Or Natalia Makarova. I love David Letterman, too...more for his 80s NBC show. But I don't know if he's a Zephead. Too bad Conan O'Brien wasn't getting honoured this year...we know he's a huge Zephead!

This is probably a stupid question but maybe someone who knows a lot about the Kennedy Center Honors will know... Besides Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and Jimmy Page will they bring guests with them and do the guests sit with them in the box? I'm just trying to figure out if we'll be seeing the remaining Led Zeppelin members as well as their offspring all together...and trying not to have my mind blown in the process. So is there a guest limit? Any ideas on who else might be with them? And is there still a pretty good chance of Jason joining them in the box in spite of John not being honored?

I heard there is guest limit each member can bring 100 guests to sit in the presidents box maybe on obamas lap if he lets them.

a few media outlets in their reports are including that LZ will perform

unable to get confirmation on it from other than print rags that are known to fill up columns with jibber jabber

The honorees do not perform. That will not change this year.

It would be a first if anyone being honored at the Kennedy Center Honors performed.

The will received their honors at the White House, so there is no "presentation" on a stage at the Kennedy Center.

But, IF Zeppelin said they would like to perform, then, they would likely be allowed to do so.

But the evening is not just about them, there are others being honored.

So it's not likely LZ will perfrom at the Kennedy Center.

They wanna perform buddy guy songs

Dustin Hoffman doesn't strike me as a Zeppelin fan.

Now the conversation between Buddy Guy and the lads I would love to hear. Or Natalia Makarova. I love David Letterman, too...more for his 80s NBC show. But I don't know if he's a Zephead. Too bad Conan O'Brien wasn't getting honoured this year...we know he's a huge Zephead!

have you watched Robert Plant on Letterman's show. don't know if or how big of a led zeppelin fan Letterman may be. but they were pretty good having a conversation . of course it's letterman's job and plant is great in those type of interviews. also Letterman's Paul Shaffer and Plant worked together on the honeydrippers.

I did not. How does one get on the wait list?

When the honors were announced I called and they said it was Invitation Only but I could sign up for the wait list. I got the order form yesterday. They imply that they expect vacancies for 3 classes of tickets which range in price from $2,500 - $2,000 (you get into the Gala Dinner Dance with these) and $400 - 2nd tier no entry to dinner/dance (ha- sounds like Prom to me). The venue is fairly intimate - seats 2,600.

Tickets limited to 2 a person. If I can't attend (which I will know here shortly) I am happy to pass on the "waitlist" order form to you if you are interested!

also Letterman's Paul Shaffer and Plant worked together on the honeydrippers.

Paul Schaffer also participated in a Keith Richards jam in the late 80s in which Jimmy also participated

When the honors were announced I called and they said it was Invitation Only but I could sign up for the wait list. I got the order form yesterday. They imply that they expect vacancies for 3 classes of tickets which range in price from $2,500 - $2,000 (you get into the Gala Dinner Dance with these) and $400 - 2nd tier no entry to dinner/dance (ha- sounds like Prom to me). The venue is fairly intimate - seats 2,600.

Tickets limited to 2 a person. If I can't attend (which I will know here shortly) I am happy to pass on the "waitlist" order form to you if you are interested!

Paul Schaffer also participated in a Keith Richards jam in the late 80s in which Jimmy also participated

I would love that - thanks so much!!

Meanwhile, I just may call my friend in the box office... :)

have you watched Robert Plant on Letterman's show. don't know if or how big of a led zeppelin fan Letterman may be. but they were pretty good having a conversation . of course it's letterman's job and plant is great in those type of interviews. also Letterman's Paul Shaffer and Plant worked together on the honeydrippers.

Excellent point, I forgot all about that!

What is the honour for.? I hope anyone attending can give a update.

From watching the previous Kennedy Center Honors clips on youtube. There are a lot of celebrities in the audience. maybe even all celebrities but have no confirmation of this. So, I'm not sure we will be getting any updates? I have a feeling we'll all be waiting to watch the television broadcast.

What is the honour for.? I hope anyone attending can give a update.

For being AWESOME!

It's not like a Grammy or Oscar where you are being awarded a prize for an individual achievement for that year, be it an album or movie or whatever. The Kennedy Honors are like an exclusive Lifetime Achievement Award...it honours an exceptional body of work in the arts.

A bit more prestigious than the usual awards.

I don't have the answer to your questions but from what I understand, it's Led Zeppelin that's being honored. Since Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and Jimmy Page are the only surviving members it doesn't mean that John Bonham is somehow getting the shaft.

This is an impressive and incredibly detailed dream to have .. Dream? I'd call it a Vision...

Whatever, these are really cool suggestions: I'd love to see them all !

Really love the idea of the feminine energy tribute : there is something in that for sure, and it's excitingly counter-intuitive as they are so SO male *takes deep breath* .. and yet ...

Corrine Bailey-Rae covered SIBLY on tour a couple of years back........bluesy/jazzy..........wouldn't be surprised if she performed....

Archived