LED ZEPPELIN - CELEBRATION DAY (official announcement)

sam_webmaster

Well, There is a showing near me, but I have work that evening. (can't afford not to.) Congrats! :) to those who are able to make it. If anyone is in or around the Memphis area, The Paradiso on south mendenhall is showing it, just in case anybody was having any trouble finding info in that area.

Lodi? Really? That's pretty cool. One of my favourite CCR songs.

"Oh ! Lord, Stuck in Lodi again."

Haha! As long as I get to see Celebration Day, doesnt matter if im stuck in Lodi for the rest of my life. The cinema looks quite nice though, and its in between a Cold Stone and a Starbucks so im the happiest little phantom out there....

SHIT! Somehow I just knew there would be complications. I just checked the concert calendar and discovered to my dismay that Oct. 17 is the same night as the Neil Young & Crazy Horse/Los Lobos show at the Hollywood Bowl. Agony! Decisions, decisions.

If it was just Neil on one of his solo tours, the decision would be easy...Led Zep film hands down. Even if the date of the film release was a week later on the same day as the Bob Dylan concert, I would have no trouble choosing the Zep film over Dylan and his 'box of frogs, sandpaper and razor blades' voice.

But Neil Young AND Crazy Horse is another matter. Since they rarely tour, I always make sure I see them when they do...they never disappoint.

So as much as I was looking forward to seeing Celebration Day in a theatre(I was even going to get tix for both the 7pm and 10pm screenings and see it twice back-to-back), a LIVE concert in-the-flesh still takes precedence over a filmed concert, no matter how awesome.

My only hope now is that more dates are added(I read that someone got tix for an Oct. 22 screening? Is this true?) or that I am fortunate enough to score tix for the LA Premiere.

Grrrrrrrr! Damn LA and its crowded entertainment calendar.

Led Zeppelin makes one do really nutty things.

If someone spots this geezer at one of the screenings...............give him a big hug and an Oscar, because he did beat Monty Python in silly behavior that certain night (before he passed out)

Ha! Not only that, but the guy filming is more interested in him than LZ! WTF?

Anyway, I did manage to score two tickets at the buzzer (Way up front-Feet on the screen, speakers in my face-oh well!) Little Buddy 's just gonna have to wait for the DVD, I ONLY saw 21+ tix. And good luck to the theater with that 21+ Finding Nemo showing!

It appears that the NYC showings at Sunshine Cinema have already been sold out. I must have been doing something wrong yesterday- cannot believe I missed out on this!!! :(

HAPPY UPDATE!!! It appears that when I first went the tickets weren't available I guess b/c they weren't being sold yet. I just checked back and I could purchase- and did!!!

SHIT! Somehow I just knew there would be complications. I just checked the concert calendar and discovered to my dismay that Oct. 17 is the same night as the Neil Young & Crazy Horse/Los Lobos show at the Hollywood Bowl. Agony! Decisions, decisions.

If it was just Neil on one of his solo tours, the decision would be easy...Led Zep film hands down. Even if the date of the film release was a week later on the same day as the Bob Dylan concert, I would have no trouble choosing the Zep film over Dylan and his 'box of frogs, sandpaper and razor blades' voice.

But Neil Young AND Crazy Horse is another matter. Since they rarely tour, I always make sure I see them when they do...they never disappoint.

So as much as I was looking forward to seeing Celebration Day in a theatre(I was even going to get tix for both the 7pm and 10pm screenings and see it twice back-to-back), a LIVE concert in-the-flesh still takes precedence over a filmed concert, no matter how awesome.

My only hope now is that more dates are added(I read that someone got tix for an Oct. 22 screening? Is this true?) or that I am fortunate enough to score tix for the LA Premiere.

Consider that a blessed/fortunate decision to make...Having that choice is difficult, but you can't loose ether way. As much of a Zeppelin die-hard/fanatic I am, logically I'd have to pick Neil Young, because the film will always be there, once you buy it - even if you can't experience it on the big screen for that one special night....Whew, that is a tough choice man. Lucky for me, I get to do both on seperate nights within very close range.

Oct 17th-Zep movie, and Oct 30th-Neil Young & Crazy Horse at Voodoo Fest (City Park-New Orleans) That'll be my first time seeing him.......and probably the last.

I'm NOT missing that for anything, knock on wood.

hmm... If more dates are being added I may be able to go!

Hopefully, more dates will be added so I can see it more than once. Interesting about DIME. Weird how they decided to pull the recordings once the official release was announced and not after the show show in 2007. Kind of puzzling. Anyone have info why this is being done this way? Just curious!

Does anyone have any info about the movie coming to Cinemark in the USA? In Rock Historian's post, the AMC representative mentioned Fathom events. Cinemark shows Fathom events, so if AMC/Fathom gets it maybe Cinemark will to.

Your best bet is going to one of the movie sites like movietickets, moviefone or fandago, among other. Do a search for Celebration Day, type in your zip code or town and see what comes up.

Hopefully, more dates will be added so I can see it more than once. Interesting about DIME. Weird how they decided to pull the recordings once the official release was announced and not after the show show in 2007. Kind of puzzling. Anyone have info why this is being done this way? Just curious!

It's part of their official policy - extract below:

DIME banned a new torrent of a show that had been shared here in the past; or DIME banned a torrent for a reason that also applies to another torrent but that other torrent wasn't banned. Why is it forbidden now if it was permitted then?

Circumstances have changed since the previous torrent was posted.

an official release of the show has come out in the meantime but wasn't yet available nor even announced when the old torrent was posted

I can now stop worrying about what to do with an unreleased version of this show :-)

By the way, where's going to be the best place to see this in London?

Such fanastic news, at long last! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I've got my ticket booked for October 17 at 8pm at my local cinema. I hope they crank the voulme up. They are also showing it on Sunday 21 October in the afternoon. Strider I hope you manage to sort something out, and get to to see it. It would be a shame to miss out.

By the way, where's going to be the best place to see this in London?

Depends to an extent on what you mean by best (best screen, best sound, best cinema?)...but my answer would be at the Gala Premiere, wherever/whenever that is. I imagine getting tickets for that won't be so easy, however.

I'm going to the Cineworld in Greenwich, simply because it's right next the the O2, where they actually performed the gig in the first place. If only for sentimental reasons, although the place itself is relatively new, so I guess the actual movie house is modern enough. Just hope they crank up the volume!

looking forward to the movie/Blu Ray/Cd release like u cant believe. However I am not sure about people callling for tour....Led Zeppelin has the one chance NO ONE else among rock legends has taken...wrap it up with a great release of a monumental show and walk away...I dont want to see them turn into Mick jagger or McCartney playing stairway at the Superbowl in their 70's....I wish I had seem em live I have been a fan since the 70's but...one great show and leave it ...its the classiest way for the blimp to land! This will only enhance their legend

looking forward to the movie/Blu Ray/Cd release like u cant believe. However I am not sure about people callling for tour....Led Zeppelin has the one chance NO ONE else among rock legends has taken...wrap it up with a great release of a monumental show and walk away...I dont want to see them turn into Mick jagger or McCartney playing stairway at the Superbowl in their 70's....I wish I had seem em live I have been a fan since the 70's but...one great show and leave it ...its the classiest way for the blimp to land! This will only enhance their legend

Of course no one knows what sound codec they are using on the Blu Ray, yet, I'm hoping for DTS Master HD. But to listen to Zep, and really good Zep live How The West Was Won is by far the best recording of them imho.

Jeff

Archived