LED ZEPPELIN - CELEBRATION DAY (official announcement)

sam_webmaster

How does everyone keep getting tickets?

Same way I book for any film. Go to the Cinema group website, pick a film, choose seating, put in credit/debit card details. Collect tickets on day/night of film from ticket machine, hand in tickets at box office,

get a drink popcorn or whatever, go and watch film...Easy.

Led Zeppelin makes one do really nutty things.

If someone spots this geezer at one of the screenings...............give him a big hug and an Oscar, because he did beat Monty Python in silly behavior that certain night (before he passed out)

We have a "Crazy Legs Dancer" here in Belfast, wonder if he's the same guy...

Got me 2 tickets in Bangor, Wed 17th @ 8.30pm. Bought them 2 days ago, in fact I was the only one who had bought so far, so I had choice of the whole cinema and where I wanted to sit.

Same way I book for any film. Go to the Cinema group website, pick a film, choose seating, put in credit/debit card details. Collect tickets on day/night of film from ticket machine, hand in tickets at box office,

get a drink popcorn or whatever, go and watch film...Easy.

The theater listing near me has no record of the film's existence on it's site. I'm 100% sure it's the right place.

no i am going to try and illegally download this if no cinemas will show it, and have a screening of my own with a flimsy projector and some bedsheets. i plan to order the dvd asap but i will get whatever i can take

It's been available for download for quite a while, at least in various audience bootleg versions, some are pretty good quality, they will do until the official version comes out in November.

I've booked to see it at my local cinema as well.

Andy

A new theatre added in southern California, Moreno Valley. Other than being about an hour away, this theatre looks to have stellar reviews, and looks really nice although it doesn't have digital projection or sound. Might have to make the drive if the one right up the street doesn't get it.

^^^

Moreno Valley is out past March Air Force Base. It was one of those booming middle-class bedroom communities that got a lot of hype in the 80s, then the dream went sour by the 2000s as the economy went south and people realized that the suburbs hold no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth. Gangs moved in as the middle-class moved out or were foreclosed on...graffiti sprang up everywhere and Moreno Valley started looking like South-central L.A.

So I wouldn't waste my time driving there, when you can go to Thousand Oaks or West LA/Culver City instead.

^

Yeah, it's up where the 60 and 215 meet. It didn't look so bad on google street view, but I understand. Having never personally been over there I'll take your word for it. My uncle lives in Riverside, I was going to see if he wanted to go, we had a great time at the Pink Floyd laser show.

Not too enthused with South-Central/Inglewood/Crenshaw so it looks as if my choice would be Culver City, or maybe San Diego/La Jolla. I have school till 1:00 so I will have plenty of traveling time.

I also see that there is now a theater in Vegas showing it. I will be in Vegas the weekend before, had I known, I would have changed my plans.

I'll tell you what's weird. When I use the theatre-finding widget on this site, it lists the Rave 18 + IMAX in Culver City and the Thousand Oaks theatre, but not the Rave 15 Crenshaw Plaza.

When I use the movieticket.com zipcode search, it lists the Rave 15 Crenshaw but not the Culver City or Thousand Oaks.

Weird.

No screenings in Norway??? What a surprise!!! Well, I'll just have to wait for the DVD then.... :tears: Actually, I can't wait!!!! I may not be considered a diehard Zeppelin fan among those who knows me, but I consider the Zep reunion to be the biggest happening in hard rock history! It's, IMO, bigger than the 1984 reunion of Purple, and I'm a Purple fan by heart! Zep just got......well, that something special! Can't wait!!!!!

Okay publicenemy3 and any other Southern Californians, I just did a recon of the Rave 18 in Culver City.

They won't be selling tickets until October 1. They are screening it one day only so far: Oct. 17.

The theatres are located in a sliver of a shopping mall between Sepulveda Blvd. and the 405 Freeway, south of Centinela. Food options are the usual: a Souplantation, Kabuki, Stefano's Pizza, Johnny Rockets, Islands, California Pizza Kitchen, Wetzel's Pretzels, Starbucks.

But my advice is to go to Dinah's across the street on Sepulveda near the Centinela intersection. At first glance, just your normal everyday American diner, but Dinah's is beloved for two things: 1) Some of the best Fried Chicken you'll find outside of The South and 2) Its pancakes...especially the Dutch Baby and the German Apple Pancake, better than some of the ones I had in Germany!

Okay publicenemy3 and any other Southern Californians, I just did a recon of the Rave 18 in Culver City.

They won't be selling tickets until October 1. They are screening it one day only so far: Oct. 17.

The theatres are located in a sliver of a shopping mall between Sepulvada Blvd. and the 405 Freeway, north of Centinela. Food options are the usual: a Souplantation, Kabuki, Stefano's Pizza, Johnny Rockets, Islands, California Pizza Kitchen, Wetzel's Pretzels, Starbucks.

But my advice is to go to Dinah's across the street on Sepulvada near the Centinela intersection. At first glance, just your normal everyday American diner, but Dinah's is beloved for two things: 1.) Some of the best Fried Chicken you'll find outside of The South and 2.) Its pancakes...especially the Dutch Baby and the German Apple Pancake, better than some of the ones I had in Germany!

that Dave Marsh comment I absolutely remember!.......I grew up on Long Island......my job at that time (I was 14) was delivering Newsday.......I saw Zeppelin on 6/14 77 at MSG (first-ever concert!).....and I remember sitting there reading that concert review (which was for the opening night of the six-night Garden stand- 6/7/77)........and getting really excited about my show which was now just a few short days away.......I remeber there was also an opening-night review in the NY Daily News as well that same week......

It's interesting with the trailer that they seem to have cropped the image to 2.35:1 ratio - they would have shot HD @ 16:9 and have apparently made the decision to go with a wider image (so in essence losing some of the original image top and bottom of frame to achieve this). They also seem to have utilised audience footage as per the 2003 DVD - the 4:3 grainy shots included look handheld. Anyone out there supply the band with their footage?

Archived