LED ZEPPELIN - CELEBRATION DAY (official announcement)

sam_webmaster

I thought the press conference was awful (except Jimmy.) John and Robert came off as non-caring, arrogant SOB's. They didn't answer the questions and just seemed very irritated at having to be there. It sucks when your idol starts slipping off the pedestal. Jimmy, on the other hand, was very classy and looked really good.

And yes, I do have my ticket for October 17! Ha Ha!

I thought the press conference was awful (except Jimmy.) John and Robert came off as non-caring, arrogant SOB's. They didn't answer the questions and just seemed very irritated at having to be there. It sucks when your idol starts slipping off the pedestal.

I disagree, that was the best mood that I have seen Robert Plant in to talk about Zeppelin in a while and I really enjoyed that he was being so talkative, it was great, and JPJ was great/talkative too. It was just priceless...

^^^

That clip is an EPIC FAIL!!!

I felt embarrassed and ashamed watching it...let the man eat in peace, ferchrissakes! I hate these fucking e-bay pirates and autograph hounds...they're all over LA, too. I see them at every event pushing and shoving and generally acting disgracefully.

Good for Jimmy saying NO AUTOGRAPHS to these douchebags!!!

^^^

I felt embarrassed and ashamed watching it...let the man eat in peace, ferchrissakes! I hate these fucking e-bay pirates and autograph hounds...they're all over LA, too. I see them at every event pushing and shoving and generally acting disgracefully.

They suffer the same crap from auto hounds in the UK. They are f****** shameless.

^^^

I think most of the people here would be too embarrassed to ask for an autograph, or at least make some small talk before getting around to asking. It's nice to have something for bragging rights and to frame on a wall, but interaction's priceless. I know he did it partly for reasons tied to selling his own merch on his website, guitars he's endorsing, and charities, but he's signed stuff for years when they've had access. There should be an age where people stop tracking down entertainers for autographs.

Page also has to try to avoid them so they don't figure out where he's staying. I'm sure he's been to NY many times and was able to blend in with no problem, and will again.

I have met and have seen many famous people. I have never ever bothered any of them. And I had plenty of chances for autographs. I delivered a pkg to Brian Johnson of AC/DC. Stood there talking to him for several mins, and not once did I ask for his autograph. The memory is in my head what happend. He was way cool and a great person to talk to. They have the right to their privacy and this moron apparently doesn't believe in that.

Jeff

pft, no words needed anymore..what a douchebag whoever posted this and titled it the way he/she did..I won't let anyone put Jimmy down. He's a wonderful and gentle and humble and polite human being as I can verify myself, so why don't these assholes just fuck off?? Harrassing him like that, I can totally understand him..

You go Jimmy!! You rock!! :bravo:

i was there...however jimmy came in the front door, jpj, robert and jason came in through the back door....none of them signed autographs on the way in, however on the way out jason allowed photos, signed autographs for several FANS asl well as JPJ....Robert went straight to his SUV with only one high five to a very grateful fan....

I have some videos up on my facebook page....Front Row Dave ......i just arrived in London for the red carpet premier tomorrow....there are loads of updates as well as my posts about john paul jones being on the same flight i was.....he arrived in london at 835am today.....

i was there...however jimmy came in the front door, jpj, robert and jason came in through the back door....none of them signed autographs on the way in, however on the way out jason allowed photos, signed autographs for several FANS asl well as JPJ....Robert went straight to his SUV with only one high five to a very grateful fan....

I have some videos up on my facebook page....Front Row Dave ......i just arrived in London for the red carpet premier tomorrow....there are loads of updates as well as my posts about john paul jones being on the same flight i was.....he arrived in london at 835am today.....

jimmy did not sign anything on the way out either...one young girl reached out and touched him from behind....you should have heard her....hysterical moment.....

I know he did it partly for reasons tied to selling his own merch on his website, guitars he's endorsing, and charities, but he's signed stuff for years when they've had access.

Jimmy has flatly refused to sign for professional autograph hunters for at least five years now. Unfortunately, this usually means he'll sign no autographs on his way to and from high-profile events like film premiers. However, he still graciously signs for fans and other members of the public if it's under less frantic circumstances.

Should I ever meet Jimmy I expect I would show him the respect. A meeting, beit just a sighting or a pleasant exchange would certainly satisfy.

So, I now have my tickets. Just found out yesterday (don't know if it was just announced here yesterday, I have been very preoccupied lately). It is showing at our newest theater, just finished this year. Largest screen, best seats, reserved seating and...the best sound system in eastern Canada!!

I bought 8 tickets, my mother, daughter, brother and niece are going with me. All fans.

Now, if you do the math you will know that I have a couple of spare tickets...anyone?

jimmy is very human, at the IMGL prem, someone asked him for an autograph but he walked by, the bloke shouted "don't be a poof" ,Jimmy turned around and said "i'm not being a poof" hilarious, even more so was that JIMMY PAGE turned round to defend himself to a dickhead! we all then pounced on the bloke and kicked the living shit outta him Grant,Bonham style.... (we didn't really but we shoulda)

BREAKING NEWS FOR THE LOS ANGELES AREA!!!

Two other theatres have been added...and an extra date!!! Both the AMC Century City and the AMC Universal Citywalk are showing "LED ZEPPELIN: CELEBRATION DAY" on Oct. 17 & 18. I just bought my tickets for the 18th at the Universal Citywalk.

Now I won't miss it because of the Neil Young concert.

Here are links for tix:

https://www.fandango.com/transaction/ticketing/mobile/handheld/ticketboxoffice.aspx?row_count=0&mid=158650&a=11551_NationalCineMedia(NCM)&tid=AAAWX

https://www.fandango.com/transaction/ticketing/mobile/handheld/ticketboxoffice.aspx?row_count=0&mid=158650&a=11551_NationalCineMedia(NCM)&tid=AAAOZ

http://m.fathomevents.com/details.aspx?eventid=1138

BREAKING NEWS FOR THE LOS ANGELES AREA!!!

Two other theatres have been added...and an extra date!!! Both the AMC Century City and the AMC Universal Citywalk are showing "LED ZEPPELIN: CELEBRATION DAY" on Oct. 17 & 18. I just bought my tickets for the 18th at the Universal Citywalk.

Now I won't miss it because of the Neil Young concert.

Here are links for tix:

https://www.fandango.com/transaction/ticketing/mobile/handheld/ticketboxoffice.aspx?row_count=0&mid=158650&a=11551_NationalCineMedia(NCM)&tid=AAAWX

https://www.fandango.com/transaction/ticketing/mobile/handheld/ticketboxoffice.aspx?row_count=0&mid=158650&a=11551_NationalCineMedia(NCM)&tid=AAAOZ

http://m.fathomevents.com/details.aspx?eventid=1138

Awesome news, Strider!!! :D

Archived