LED ZEPPELIN - CELEBRATION DAY (official announcement)

sam_webmaster

I just got back from the showing, and that was amazing! The editing was superb, and it was everything I hoped for. It seemed like all four of them were enjoying themselves immensely. I was a bit worried about overuse of the Super 8 footage, but it was used to great effect. Halfway through Good Times Bad Times, The theater had to rewind the film back to the beginning because the surround sound wasn't working correctly. It worked after that, and there weren't any more problems for the rest of the show. It really was great!

thanks for the heads up, I thought that's where I was. Argh !!!

You're not the first person, who has done this and certainly won't be the last. Not a huge deal, but it would be good to see everyone's reviews in the same thread. There have been reviews on other threads as well.

I just got back from the showing, and that was amazing! The editing was superb, and it was everything I hoped for. It seemed like all four of them were enjoying themselves immensely. I was a bit worried about overuse of the Super 8 footage, but it was used to great effect. Halfway through Good Times Bad Times, The theater had to rewind the film back to the beginning because the surround sound wasn't working correctly. It worked after that, and there weren't any more problems for the rest of the show. It really was great!

I wonder if we were at the same show!!!! This happened in Baton Rouge too. The sound was really not very loud at first and it would not have been as enjoyable a show without the correct volume. Right after Good Times Bad Times, the film froze then went back to the beginning and started again with the correct volume - LOUD, like it should be!!!!!!! We got to see GTBT twice.

Agreed, the editing was superb! Loved everything about the show! They were having such a great time on stage, it was a joy to watch, loved all the close-ups and Jason played his heart out. He was amazing. Kashmir was amazing! They all were amazing! They were every bit as good as they were in their prime! Wonderful, wonderful show!

I just got back from watching it in Daly City. I wasn't impressed with the sound. That's probably the theatre's fault. It wasn't loud enough. And it sounded like they played the whole thing through the sub-woofer. I could tell Jimmy was soloing, because his fingers were moving. It would have been nice to hear it without the bass and drums drowning it out. I could tell the band sounded great! Jason was awesome. When the DVD is released, I can play it as loud as I want and adjust the equalizer.

Why was it rated R?

Just got back from seeing this, it was everything I had hoped for and more. I have listened to the show before but to hear it in that clarity was amazing. Jason absolutely played his heart out. You could tell that they were loving every minute of it and it was awesome to see the smiles on their faces, made me smile also. I'm very glad that I went and saw this at the cinema and so were the two friends that I brought along, can't wait to get my hands on the DVD!

I wonder if we were at the same show!!!! This happened in Baton Rouge too. The sound was really not very loud at first and it would not have been as enjoyable a show without the correct volume. Right after Good Times Bad Times, the film froze then went back to the beginning and started again with the correct volume - LOUD, like it should be!!!!!!! We got to see GTBT twice.

Agreed, the editing was superb! Loved everything about the show! They were having such a great time on stage, it was a joy to watch, loved all the close-ups and Jason played his heart out. He was amazing. Kashmir was amazing! They all were amazing! They were every bit as good as they were in their prime! Wonderful, wonderful show!

Yeah, I was at the 7:00 PM showing in Baton Rouge at the Rave Theater. I bet we did go to the same showing! I was quite surprised when the film started and it wasn't loud, and I agree it was much more enjoyable after it got louder. I also noticed that you couldn't hear the crowd behind you before they started it over; it was a more immersive experience when you could hear the crowd. It was almost like you were actually there!

Back in 1992,before I got married i had 1 condition that i made my bride aware of... that one day if & when ZEP ever got back together I would do whatever it took to get a ticket(s) EX: sell the house,sell the kids-whatever. Anyway the O2 show came & went,and I was unable to get tix(go figure). Now here is my chance,tonight I'm going to the movies & taking my 16yo son & next month I'll have the dvd to keep forever! CANT WAIT!!! I know I'm gonna love it! THANKS to Led Zeppelin for this release. And I did'nt have to sell the house(yet) to see them!

I was completely enthralled start to finish. Dick Carruthers gets major props. The movie is really well shot and edited. You felt like you were at that concert and had the best seat in the house. They hadn't lost any of their mojo, they laid everything out on that stage. Jason was really very good and his Dad would have been proud of the job he did. I loved the little moments of Super 8 and mirror prism that harked back to TSRTS. I was, in fact, a bit choked up with emotion at times. I teared up during Stairway. My son who has only seen our DVD's of Zep on the TV and You Tube, was initially shocked at how old they looked and that Robert wasn't belting it out as he once did, but it took him one song to realize it was his beloved Zep. They were fantastic!! We are going again on the 25th!!

Hello:

I don't understand why there is this limited showing in select theatres....I thought rock and roll was supposed to be for "everyman".the music of the youth...the commoner.....it gets away from its roots when I see this film about the most famous rock band being marketed in this manner..

I feel very left out since I could not go to the select theatre on the limited dates..When Zeppelin made Houses of the Holy it was not availble in select record stores for a limited time only....

I don't feel the same way about Zeppelin music anymore...

Just my thoughts.....

Juliet..a fan since the 70's....

I just came back from the movie and loved every bit of it! It was great to see the band members smiling and laughing a lot throughout the concert. One of my favorite parts was during Misty Mountain Hop, in which Robert makes a funny gesture after he said "Hey boy, do you wanna score?" I cracked up so much!

Hello:

I don't understand why there is this limited showing in select theatres....I thought rock and roll was supposed to be for "everyman".the music of the youth...the commoner.....it gets away from its roots when I see this film about the most famous rock band being marketed in this manner..

I feel very left out since I could not go to the select theatre on the limited dates..When Zeppelin made Houses of the Holy it was not availble in select record stores for a limited time only....

Just my thoughts.....

That's too bad that you missed it Juliet. But why complain? If I read correctly, the proceeds went to a good cause: Ahmet's Education fund. You can still buy the DVD, you know... :)

Yeah, I was at the 7:00 PM showing in Baton Rouge at the Rave Theater. I bet we did go to the same showing! I was quite surprised when the film started and it wasn't loud, and I agree it was much more enjoyable after it got louder. I also noticed that you couldn't hear the crowd behind you before they started it over; it was a more immersive experience when you could hear the crowd. It was almost like you were actually there!

Hi Led Dirigible, that is so cool that we were at the same show: Rave Theater at Mall of Louisiana 7pm! I would have liked to talk to people before the show, we got there about 15 minutes before it started, but the crowd was not very big at all and people were sitting somewhat apart in there own groups, so it didn't lend itself to friendly chit-chat. And after the show I think people were just in awe and didn't mill around too much, so again, I missed an opportunity to mix with fellow fans.

Agreed that the show/concert was fabulous! They were as good, if not better that when I saw them way back in '75. Like good wine, they aged well!!!!!

Actually the sound could have been louder (these are Led Zeppelin fans after all) but was so happy when that guy went to complain and got the volume louder. It was much better after that, but not as loud as I would have liked - LOL! Can't wait for it to come out on DVD so we can play it hooked up to our stereo system and really 'feel' the music!

Hello:

Just my thoughts.....

Hello again:

I wanted to say thanks to another member who pointed out the proceeds go to a good cause...

I spoke to the tourism bureau staff in Stratford (a very cultural town) I showed her this website and pointed out one can make a request for the movie to be shown in their town (if I'm reading the link correctly)...I thought I would pass that along since Stratford has many events throughout the winter even after The world famous Stratford Shakespeare Festival season ends...

Juliet :wave:

I don't understand why there is this limited showing in select theatres....I thought rock and roll was supposed to be for "everyman"...the music of the youth...the commoner.....it gets away from its roots when I see this film about the most famous rock band being marketed in this manner..

The marketing strategy - a limited screening for this film coupled with four high-profile premieres - is meant to build word-of-mouth and generate excitement, which is like free publicity for the imminent dvd & cd releases. I'm actually pleased these screenings were limited as generally speaking it provided an opportunity for only the most loyal & appreciative fans to see the film in a cinema setting.

That's not to say if someone didn't attend they are neither, rather for those who went the cinemas truly became Houses of the Holy.

Hi Led Dirigible, that is so cool that we were at the same show: Rave Theater at Mall of Louisiana 7pm! I would have liked to talk to people before the show, we got there about 15 minutes before it started, but the crowd was not very big at all and people were sitting somewhat apart in there own groups, so it didn't lend itself to friendly chit-chat. And after the show I think people were just in awe and didn't mill around too much, so again, I missed an opportunity to mix with fellow fans.

Agreed that the show/concert was fabulous! They were as good, if not better that when I saw them way back in '75. Like good wine, they aged well!!!!!

Actually the sound could have been louder (these are Led Zeppelin fans after all) but was so happy when that guy went to complain and got the volume louder. It was much better after that, but not as loud as I would have liked - LOL! Can't wait for it to come out on DVD so we can play it hooked up to our stereo system and really 'feel' the music!

What a coincidence that we went to the same showing! I was really surprised when I saw how few people were there. I was expecting a lot of people to be there, so I and the people I went with got there an hour early. There was only one other group of people besides us when we got there. I guess most people went to the Cinemark. I don't know why, because the tickets were cheaper at the Rave, and Rave had the earlier showing. If I would have had the chance, I would have gone and seen it again right after we got out of the theater! But we had to travel to Baton Rouge, so, unfortunately, that was not possible.

It must have been amazing to see them live in 1975! If you don't mind me asking, where did you see them?

The marketing strategy - a limited screening for this film coupled with four high-profile premieres - is meant to build word-of-mouth and generate excitement, which is like free publicity for the imminent dvd & cd releases. I'm actually pleased these screenings were limited as generally speaking it provided an opportunity for only the most loyal & appreciative fans to see the film in a cinema setting.

That's not to say if someone didn't attend they are neither, rather for those who went the cinemas truly became Houses of the Holy.

Your words are harsh and a bit hurtful...I would have seen the film if it had been in a part of town I could get to easily..I am the consumer/customer...I'm giving feedback .....deal with it....

Archived