LED ZEPPELIN - CELEBRATION DAY (official announcement)

sam_webmaster

Can I book a date at your home theatre once the DVD comes out? Sounds like a great set-up (especially for us urban dwellers with very small abodes).

I am envious of all the reviews on here because my experience was less than optimal. The sound was not loud and the theatre was very warm. The worst part though was the 2 adults who stood in the back of the theatre during most of the film and talked very loudly. When they weren't talking, they were singing the lines before Robert did. (Particularly during IMTOD, I wanted to cry!) Two adults politely asked them more than once to please stop talking and they were met with "fuck you/fuck off, bitch."

I rarely go to the theatre for exactly this reason. No civility, it's unbearable.

LOL!! If I could I would even pay your airfare! I just have a humble setup for an audiofile/hometheater, but when I play my Toto Blu Ray concert it certainly rocks the house! If Celebration Day looks and sounds half as good as Toto's "Falling In Between" concert I'm in for a rockin good time!

Jeff

I was fortunate to see it 3 times. The theatres around Ontario, Canada were playing it nightly/daily since October 17. Each time I saw it, the theatres were loud, no sound problems at all. A few theatres, are still showing it a couple times this weekend..and then it appears to be gone.

Definitely was better each time seeing it! Looking forward to the release in a few weeks.

I had a great experience because seconds into it they cranked the sound but I see a lot of uncivil behavior at theaters....even as I walked in the door I happened to have a shirt with The Ma'at feather sigil Plant used and was told by 2 guys I have the wrong symbol because it isnt Page's...well Page's is largely astrological in nature and relates personally to him while Ma'at is a little more universal. My wife and I go to regular movies at 1 or 3 always because evening showings can be a nightmare. This was a nice exception but yeah with volume low it would have been frustrating..I don't have any home theater either just whatever comes thru the tv so...it was my only shot but I sympathize with run ins with rude people...maybe its why I'd rather see Band of Joy with 3000 people than any kind of reunion ....I could actually hear and see the musicians and had front row for Alison K on her own and it was great with a nice crowd...well preparing for hurricane now....

I had a great experience because seconds into it they cranked the sound but I see a lot of uncivil behavior at theaters....even as I walked in the door I happened to have a shirt with The Ma'at feather sigil Plant used and was told by 2 guys I have the wrong symbol because it isnt Page's...well Page's is largely astrological in nature and relates personally to him while Ma'at is a little more universal. My wife and I go to regular movies at 1 or 3 always because evening showings can be a nightmare. This was a nice exception but yeah with volume low it would have been frustrating..I don't have any home theater either just whatever comes thru the tv so...it was my only shot but I sympathize with run ins with rude people...maybe its why I'd rather see Band of Joy with 3000 people than any kind of reunion ....I could actually hear and see the musicians and had front row for Alison K on her own and it was great with a nice crowd...well preparing for hurricane now....

Are you sure the guys weren't just joking about your shirt? There's a difference between good-natured teasing and being rude.

I'm glad your theatre was loud, too. I had no complaints the two times I saw it...no complaints about the sound or the crowd. It was loud, lively and like a concert. No rudeness or loud talkers or any bullshit that I saw.

DavidZoso, you posted a photo of two great ladies on this forum, so I know you cannot be talking about either of them. What I find strange is that you initially posted you had a great time. I would think getting together with nice people as a group to go see this you would have had fun time. <_<

I did have a good time but thought it was weird that a person would text on their phone the whole time they are at the movie. Also yes I am in a pic with two women- who is to say I didn't meet 8 or 10 members from here-just because that is the one pic I chose to post.

You don't want any drama, but you say it was 'actually a member from here'?

You sound like a drama queen to me!

As for Planted I am no drama queen- I made an oberservation and didn't say any names.

Look into the force with no form!

This subject is done- Put a fork in it! I already deleted and Blocked 2 people over this junk-Move on.

I did have a good time but thought it was weird that a person would text on their phone the whole time they are at the movie. Also yes I am in a pic with two women- who is to say I didn't meet 8 or 10 members from here-just because that is the one pic I chose to post.

As for Planted I am no drama queen- I made an oberservation and didn't say any names.

Look into the force with no form!

This subject is done- Put a fork in it! I already deleted and Blocked 2 people over this junk-Move on.

:lol: Hilarious!

LOL!! If I could I would even pay your airfare! I just have a humble setup for an audiofile/hometheater, but when I play my Toto Blu Ray concert it certainly rocks the house! If Celebration Day looks and sounds half as good as Toto's "Falling In Between" concert I'm in for a rockin good time!

Aren't you sweet! I am going to have to find someone with a good set-up when I get the DVD. (Besides apt living means no loud music!)

I had a great experience because seconds into it they cranked the sound but I see a lot of uncivil behavior at theaters...but I sympathize with run ins with rude people...maybe its why I'd rather see Band of Joy with 3000 people than any kind of reunion ....I could actually hear and see the musicians and had front row for Alison K on her own and it was great with a nice crowd...well preparing for hurricane now....

I agree re: small venues. I saw U2 3 times in very tiny places (first 2 sat less than 1,000, then a 3,000 seater) and once they moved to bigger venues it just wasn't the same for me. I was glad they were successful but ugh to those big halls, stadiums, etc. I can't imagine seeing LZ in a places like they played on their first US tour! Glad you had a good movie experience - I should have made a trek to a cinema outside of the city. Stay safe with Sandy!

Aren't you sweet! I am going to have to find someone with a good set-up when I get the DVD. (Besides apt living means no loud music!)

I agree re: small venues. I saw U2 3 times in very tiny places (first 2 sat less than 1,000, then a 3,000 seater) and once they moved to bigger venues it just wasn't the same for me. I was glad they were successful but ugh to those big halls, stadiums, etc. I can't imagine seeing LZ in a places like they played on their first US tour! Glad you had a good movie experience - I should have made a trek to a cinema outside of the city. Stay safe with Sandy!

I used to live in NE PA and worked in northern NJ, so I know exactly what your talking about! I'm still happy I saw them in Tampa in '73, and happy I was part of history when they broke the Beatles record for attendence for a single act. And me and 58,000 others didn't have a problem with hearing Zep while the Beatles fans was another story.

Jeff

ZEP.jpg

thanks for those images.........now that they've clearly started production on the actual package and have it all together, wondering when we'll know the extent of what we're getting on the bonus dvd? Just wondering if we'll be so lucky as to actually get the ENTIRE rehearsal on dvd or just select songs? Would be an amazing gift if we get the entire rehearsal, then we'd essentially have two entire concerts from this reunited band which would be awesome.

people -dont feud...look at above pix...we are getting this finally! Everything else seems trivial... although truly rude people can ruin a movie and I feel bad for anyone that had that happen...with the great sound and performance I just tuned out the world around me...of course I heard goofy comments especially on the way out...as well as a bunch of untrue info like the guy who said they are touring this winter and he already has a connection for tickets

interesting how we're now just about 3 weeks away from this getting released and we don't yet have a full rundown on the bonus features for those of us who purchased the deluxe edition. Will it be the FULL rehearsal video? What other goodies are going to be in there? At the same time, I kind of like knowing that there will be bonus stuff but not knowing what nor the extent of it, adds just that extra little "christmas" surprise to this release for me even though I'm getting it a full month before christmas.

Very exciting times, seeing this all come together and come out. Definitely sick of watching the youtube cinema rips whenever i feel like watching the footage, can't wait to have it all in beautiful dolby 5.1 surround sound..........

Archived