LED ZEPPELIN - CELEBRATION DAY (official announcement)

sam_webmaster

Who knows: there may be more cinemas to come.

There's a PR narrative here : the band who spectacularly sold out the O2 to a record-breaking degree want a similar story with the film releases.

If necessary, to include disappointed fans. And NOT to include empty movie theatres.

If the existing cinemas get booked up, I strongly suspect we'll see a few more being made available ...

I like searching for the theaters by Zip Code on the LZ site using the distrify widget:

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/celebrationday/o2_splash.html

Trust me Rover, if that widget had worked for me I wouldn't have bothered posting the question. I'm not one for superfluous posts.

But I'm getting strange conflicting results...and that goes for the movieticket.com search link, too.

So far, publicenemy and I have found a Rave 18 in West LA, a Rave 15 in Baldwin Hills, and a theatre in Thousand Oaks that are showing the movie. Yet only the Rave in Baldwin Hills shows up in my zipcode search.

Nothing shows up when I punch in various Orange County zipcodes...which is odd, considering San Diego has 5.

It's probable that more theatres are being confirmed and added as we speak, so a fuller picture will emerge next week of all the locations.

So I went and told my 14 yr. old little buddy about it, got him all excited, and now I see it's 21 & over only! WTF? He's crushed.

Strider, like was said above, looks like just a couple of theaters in SoCal. I was going to go to Thousand Oaks, but now I'm not so sure. Why the hell is it 21+, I don't get that at all.

So I went and told my 14 yr. old little buddy about it, got him all excited, and now I see it's 21 & over only! WTF? He's crushed.

Strider, like was said above, looks like just a couple of theaters in SoCal. I was going to go to Thousand Oaks, but now I'm not so sure. Why the hell is it 21+, I don't get that at all.

That sounds strange..are you sure about that? Also, there is NO rating on the film from what I read the last few days. I don't see why that would be a problem for him to attend, even if it means being accompanied by an adult. If those are the rules...that's pretty screwed up.

Are they selling booze there? I believe the place I'm seeing it at is licensed and so I plan on having a few as I take it all in, (the wife will drive home). I'm not sure how it works in the States but up here, (your northern neighbour) they don't allow people under 19 into places where alcohol is served, (there are some exceptions though).

I was going to go to Thousand Oaks, but now I'm not so sure. Why the hell is it 21+, I don't get that at all.

On the Muvico website, Finding Nemo 3D, 21+ only

:huh:

I'd call the theatre. It seems that they do reserved seating as there are multiple choices. The VIP is +21, the rest don't have an age limit.

That would be my guess. This is way more complicated than it should be, and a lot of these theatre websites are god awful.

Indeed. The widget here on the site is a little confusing, too. It lists one of the more local theatres as being one at which the movie will be played, whereas the actual company's site doesn't list that theatre at all.

I just bought 8 tickets to the show at the CINERAMA theater in Seattle. They're on sale now at the box office. :yourock:

The CINERAMA is the theater Paul Allen bought and renovated. It has one of the best sound systems in the US.

If it sounds like I'm bragging... I F'N AM!

WooHooooo, you convinced me mysticalgraffiti and I'll be at the 7:00 show! Actually, I was kind of waiting to see if it will be shown closer to home and even if it is......well, we'll cross that confounded bridge when we get to it.

I just bought 8 tickets to the show at the CINERAMA theater in Seattle. They're on sale now at the box office. :yourock:

The CINERAMA is the theater Paul Allen bought and renovated. It has one of the best sound systems in the US.

If it sounds like I'm bragging... I F'N AM!

I remember Cinerama, the original BIG screen movies shot in 70mm with excellent stereo sound.

cineramabritannicar.gif

Thanks :) I guess staying hopeful in my case isn't unfounded because the official website says that tickets are going to be sold here in NZ. I guess I might have to wait just a little bit longer to be able to buy my ticket but like the old saying goes "Good things come to those who wait" B)

Wouldn't worry KZF87, one of the nationwide chains over here indicated as participating on ledzeppelin.com (Hoyts - who I believe are also listed for NZ) have nothing at all on their site yet. The number of Event cinemas advertizing it and selling tix have increased progressively since yesterday.

Wouldn't worry KZF87, one of the nationwide chains over here indicated as participating on ledzeppelin.com (Hoyts - who I believe are also listed for NZ) have nothing at all on their site yet. The number of Event cinemas advertizing it and selling tix have increased progressively since yesterday.

Thanks for the info shadowblue! Much appreciated! :) It's pretty encouraging to know that even the Hoyts website for Australia has nothing yet. Events Cinema NZ hasn't got anything on their website yet either. But I guess it's only a matter of time before things start to pick up! :)

Two screenings in NYC (on 10/17) already reflect - No tickets available for this showtime.

Naively, I am surprised (newbie) but interestingly, it's only a one-night showing and when I looked this morning, I still couldn't buy tickets.

Is that the same in other cities? I'm guessing a premiere will take place in a more "star" theatre on 10/12. (typically, midtown not downtown).

Oh well, (in that Peter Green way), I'll be very interested and enthused to hear other's impressions!!!

Archived