LED ZEPPELIN - CELEBRATION DAY (official announcement)

sam_webmaster

Overuse of 8mm footage is rampant. What does it add to the film? Only a futile retro look. Everything other than that seems to be perfect. A brilliant camerawork and editing.

Why don't you try waiting until actually seeing the entire movie before rendering judgment.

Why don't you try waiting until actually seeing the entire movie before rendering judgment.

At first, when seeing the movie, I think the 8 mm footage bothered me a bit, but I got used to it. I guess it had to do, that I wasn't expecting it. But, Dick Carruthers does a great job incorporating this into the film. This film is just so well done, from a performance basis, editing etc. No need to go on. Wait till you see it in the theatre and you'll be blown away! I know I was. I know, I've said this before, but Dave Lewis, calling Kashmir "Colossal," is on the money. Perhaps, a bit modest. For me, definitely the best ever live version. Prior to this it was L.A. from 6-21-1977. Love that performance, but this one out does it!

Sorry, if I seem to go a bit over the top on this. I'm still, riding the high from this film and I guess that's the way I see it presently. We'll see, when things subside a bit, but judge for yourselves. Thanks.

I'm seeing it on the 19th, got a really good seat, too. In a way it feels like closing a circle - TSRTS all those years ago. I got an audio boot of the O2 show just days afterwards, and have had a boot DVD for years too - these only tell me it was a good show, and so I really look forward to seeing it on the big screen ... a lot.

Second viewing for me on Sunday 21st... and then I might be calm enough to have a proper take on it...

But so agree regarding the Super 8 : this film needs no tricks and the Super 8 is overworked. It already has a trick: to put LOTS of cameras, right in the middle of Led Zeppelin, and to really work the shots they record. That's all you need, and it's SO exciting to watch .

I went to the movies yesterday and while watching the previews, I was wondering if they released the "Celebration Day" trailer to be shown in the theatres leading up to the release?

That would have been cool to see the trailer in a theatre.

I went to the movies yesterday and while watching the previews, I was wondering if they released the "Celebration Day" trailer to be shown in the theatres leading up to the release?

That would have been cool to see the trailer in a theatre.

My husband went to see some Psychopath movie this past weekend and said that Celebration Day was one of the trailers. I don't do movies so I don't remember the name of the movie he saw. He said it was very cool on the big screen....of course!

I'm so excited about the movie tomorrow. I'm meeting up with a few forum members...can't wait!! :)

My husband went to see some Psychopath movie this past weekend and said that Celebration Day was one of the trailers. I don't do movies so I don't remember the name of the movie he saw. He said it was very cool on the big screen....of course!

I'm so excited about the movie tomorrow. I'm meeting up with a few forum members...can't wait!! :)

"SEVEN PSYCHOPATHS"? That's one of the movies I saw yesterday! No "Celebration Day" trailer for me, though. :(

By the way, "Seven Psychopaths" was great! Written and directed by the same bloke who made the marvelous "In Bruge"...go see it!

"SEVEN PSYCHOPATHS"? That's one of the movies I saw yesterday! No "Celebration Day" trailer for me, though. :(

By the way, "Seven Psychopaths" was great! Written and directed by the same bloke who made the marvelous "In Bruge"...go see it!

Yes, that's it! I was in NYC last weekend so the hubby got to catch up on his guy flix.

To get a little bit back on topic, I stayed at the London on 54th Street in New York this past weekend and was told that JP stayed there during his visit. I can't believe I was just a few days too late for all of the NYC fun. I did visit St. Mark's Place to snap the obligatory photo of the PG buildings. I kept looking around for Robert, but alas he never came. :)

This time tomorrow the wife and I will be on our way home. We have agreed that we will leave the Cinema towards the end of WLL in order to miss the rush leaving the car park. After all it's only just over four weeks until we have the Blu-Ray,DVD, CD set. We were talking about the last LZ related thing we did together which was of course the 11 8 79 Knebworth gig all those years ago.....And me and her are still going strong...Fucking amazes me sometimes that we are....must be love.

This time tomorrow the wife and I will be on our way home. We have agreed that we will leave the Cinema towards the end of WLL in order to miss the rush leaving the car park. After all it's only just over four weeks until we have the Blu-Ray,DVD, CD set. We were talking about the last LZ related thing we did together which was of course the 11 8 79 Knebworth gig all those years ago.....And me and her are still going strong...Fucking amazes me sometimes that we are....must be love.

Great story, JTM :) By the way, I'm jealous you were at Knebworth, they were great shows!

Cool that you saw them at Knebworth so many years ago and good that you have a great marriage. Althouhj, your lack of judgement to leave the movie a bit early, may not be the right thing to do. See the film in whole and experience it! You probably won't lose more than a few minutes and the next day, you'll forget about the time lost.

I will say, very cool how this is finally coming out tomorrow, I hate to sound greedy but when are we going to find out the exact details of what we're getting on the dvd, in particular the special edition?

I know the pre-orders have said that the second dvd will contain footage from the shepperton rehearsals as well as news footage, but I'm wondering if they're releasing the FULL rehearsal or just selected songs from it? From the audio leak that's been out for months, we know all that audio is recorded and presumably mixed, I guess I'm just wondering exactly how much of it we're getting. Hoping that we get to see at least a bit of behind the scenes of the guys interacting considering they decided (and very rightly and smartly so) to show the reunion show in "full" instead.

I say in "full" only because it sounds like we're not getting robert's little plantation before Kashimir as well as no Jason singing I Can't Quit You Babe, but those are minor concessions. Seeing some of the clips of the actual footage from bootleg movie shots, it looks like an excellently shot film, but we still haven't seen Dazed and Confused yet right? I know some that have seen it have said that they corrected the trainwreck at the end of the solo, just wondering exactly how they did it with cuts or edits or cutaways to magically inserted correct parts? I guess tomorrow we'll know a whole lot more considering everyone all over the world will have seen it.

Will Robert's Plantations be on the CD ? ?

Will the Blu-ray Audio Only release mirror the video completely -- Will the CD have less or more ? ?

Inquiring minds want to know !

I'm sure glad I have a decent ---unedited--- bootleg of the show !

That's one of things that really make bootlegs special, --all-- of the talk between the songs !!

I may have do do my own "mix" to include all the Plantations with the officical release.

I want it all ! !

Cool that you saw them at Knebworth so many years ago and good that you have a great marriage. Althouhj, your lack of judgement to leave the movie a bit early, may not be the right thing to do. See the film in whole and experience it! You probably won't lose more than a few minutes and the next day, you'll forget about the time lost.

Totally agree with you SuperDave. That whole "leave early to beat the rush" is a canard anyway...especially at the movies. It's not like you're at a sports stadium or concert with thousands and thousands of people leaving at once. It is a movie, with at most a few hundred people.

Besides, I'd hate to be sitting there grooving to the film, only to have my view and concentration blocked and distracted by some people who can't wait a few minutes for the film to end. Actually, if you leave during WLL, you'll miss "Rock and Roll", too...and who knows what other surprises during the credits.

So I'm currently sat in the Bavarian beer cafe in Sydney, ticket in hand (pocket) waiting for the 7pm showing in about 45 minutes.

And I'm bloody excited!

Id just moved to Australia in 2007 and was prepared to fly back to the show if I could get a ticket. A friend got one and would have given me his +1 but assumed I wouldn't go, so didn't tell me :(

I found out after the fact...and wanted to slap him :)

I agree - I never understand those who do this - when you leave a football ground early, for example, you may miss result-changing goals. This film must be seen from start to FINISH - the bows at the end are worth the admission price alone. Go sit in the bar after for 15 mins and discuss every detail of it with your wife over a vino and an OJ for the DD. Then leave when the traffic is quieter. You will NOT regret it ;)

Archived