LED ZEPPELIN - CELEBRATION DAY (official announcement)

sam_webmaster

Today's THE day!! only 8 hours to go and I'm really really nervous. I've never been nervous when going to the movies before^^ It'll be grand I'm sure. Plus I've never wacthed any of the perfomances on Youtube so I'm a total Greenhorn. This'll be an experience to remember :yes2:

I hope I won't break into tears.. :peace:

Cool that you saw them at Knebworth so many years ago and good that you have a great marriage. Althouhj, your lack of judgement to leave the movie a bit early, may not be the right thing to do. See the film in whole and experience it! You probably won't lose more than a few minutes and the next day, you'll forget about the time lost.

Totally agree with you SuperDave. That whole "leave early to beat the rush" is a canard anyway...especially at the movies. It's not like you're at a sports stadium or concert with thousands and thousands of people leaving at once. It is a movie, with at most a few hundred people.

Besides, I'd hate to be sitting there grooving to the film, only to have my view and concentration blocked and distracted by some people who can't wait a few minutes for the film to end. Actually, if you leave during WLL, you'll miss "Rock and Roll", too...and who knows what other surprises during the credits.

I agree - I never understand those who do this - when you leave a football ground early, for example, you may miss result-changing goals. This film must be seen from start to FINISH - the bows at the end are worth the admission price alone. Go sit in the bar after for 15 mins and discuss every detail of it with your wife over a vino and an OJ for the DD. Then leave when the traffic is quieter. You will NOT regret it ;)

Ok you have all convinced me to stay. We will now leave after the credits have rolled. 15 mins won't really make that much difference.

Hey:

It will be showing in London Ontario Canada on October 17...I have some time off work next week...I hope to go ...ohhh...I'll get dressed up...

Juliet :popcorn2:

I am very disapponted that it's not showing in a theatre in downtown London...it's showing at Masonville Place ..that's in the northwest end of the city...I'll have to think it over...

I am sooooooo pumped! It's now playing in Lafayette at the Grand Theatre - I don't have to drive an hour 20 minutes to Baton Rouge only 10 minutes down the street!!!!!!!!!!! So what if I already bought my tickets for Baton Rouge, it's worth it not to have to drive all that way. Happy Happy Joy Joy - it really is a Celebration Day!!!!!! :banana:

I've been checking the Grands website everyday and nothing, now all of a sudden - BAM, it's there!!!!! Thank you the 'powers that be' for bringing it to Layette! Thank you! :thumbsup: You've made my day even better than it already was going to be!

Ok, premature elation. :( Lafayette is NOT going to be playing Celebration Day - I'm bummed. I knew it was too good to be true. When I went to the box office to buy tickets, the manager said they never received their hard drive or something like that. Bummer - now I'm back to having to leave 3 hours earlier to see it. I'll really be bummed if I drive all the way to Baton Rouge and they had a screw up too!

Ok, premature elation. :( Lafayette is NOT going to be playing Celebration Day - I'm bummed. I knew it was too good to be true. When I went to the box office to buy tickets, the manager said they never received their hard drive or something like that. Bummer - now I'm back to having to leave 3 hours earlier to see it. I'll really be bummed if I drive all the way to Baton Rouge and they had a screw up too!

OK, you crazy Cajun, put some Zeppelin on for the drive. I am only about an hour and a half with traffic (if there is no accidents along the way), but you can't miss this!! It's our band my friend :friends:

• Administrators

If you are going to see Celebration Day today / tomorrow, post photos of yourselves at the cinema on the official Led Zeppelin Facebook or on Twitter (#ledzep @ledzeppelin).

CLICK HERE TO BUY CINEMA TICKETS for 17th October, 2012: http://bit.ly/RJwqY9

CLICK HERE TO PRE-ORDER Audio / DVD & Blu-ray Out 19th November, 2012: http://bit.ly/Q2hjwz

OK, you crazy Cajun, put some Zeppelin on for the drive. I am only about an hour and a half with traffic (if there is no accidents along the way), but you can't miss this!! It's our band my friend :friends:

Hey Deb, I know, I know . . . . . . I'm not going to miss it. But I was so stoked to not have to worry about traffic, accidents along way, etc., etc. Could have done the normal dinner and a movie routine. Hubby wouldn't have had to leave work early, blah, blah, blah . . . . . it just would have been nice to see it so close. Oh well . . . . . back to square one.

And - this is going to be one psycho crazy cajun if I get to Baton Rouge and they say they didn't receive their disc!!!!!! :o I don't even want to think about that . . . . . . .

Wasnt' there always some doubt as to whether Jimmy would allow this to be released? I wonder how satisfied he is with it? I mean, in comparison to concerts from the glory days? From all I have seen and heard so far it was excellant. And not easy to pull off having only one go at it. If they had done a tour, you can only wonder what may have happened? New material would have been my dream come true.

Wasnt' there always some doubt as to whether Jimmy would allow this to be released? I wonder how satisfied he is with it? I mean, in comparison to concerts from the glory days? From all I have seen and heard so far it was excellant. And not easy to pull off having only one go at it. If they had done a tour, you can only wonder what may have happened? New material would have been my dream come true.

There was only doubt among the trolls and anal retentive anoraks. Most rational people figured it would be released eventually…and on their timetable, not ours.

Of course Jimmy is pleased with it...he wouldn't have released it otherwise.

There was only doubt among the trolls and anal retentive anoraks. Most rational people figured it would be released eventually…and on their timetable, not ours.

Of course Jimmy is pleased with it...he wouldn't have released it otherwise.

I dont know about that doubt Strider. Many respected members of this forum had doubts about whether Jimmy would think it worthy of release. I am sure you remember many posts about this? I was not lucky enough to get the magical email, and probably just as well as it would have cost me a fortune and I did see them in their prime. I did want a tour and I stick to that. I wanted them to record a new album. I do look forward to seeing the entire concert but will have to do so on the DVD I am buying. I may buy a couple extra's for Xmas presents. I remember the night The Song Remains the Same was released. We got drunk in our cars, so drunk I forgot about the Island I parked my car in front of and drove right over it. No damage luckily. People were screaming and yelling in the thretre. A real madhouse. We know how great it was. I am guessing Jimmy decided to release this because he could not talk Robert into reuniting for another tour. We know Jimmy was for it and so too was Jason and JPJ as far as I know. Well, its great that it is now there for us to buy.

Got my tickets, spoke to the manager at the theater in Baton Rouge, they received their copy and it will be playing at 7 p.m. as scheduled, hubby's leaving work early, so I'm good to go . . . . . . God willing and the creek don't rise . . . . . I'm going to be one happy chickadee come 7 p.m.

Got my tickets, spoke to the manager at the theater in Baton Rouge, they received their copy and it will be playing at 7 p.m. as scheduled, hubby's leaving work early, so I'm good to go . . . . . . God willing and the creek don't rise . . . . . I'm going to be one happy chickadee come 7 p.m.

So glad you are going to make it Justawoman, we were going to BR until the AMC theatre in Harahan added showings... So it cut our drive time an hour!

Laissez les bon temps rouler!!!! :D

Ok you have all convinced me to stay. We will now leave after the credits have rolled. 15 mins won't really make that much difference.

You certainly made the right choice and you most certainly will not regret it (past tense by now)! I just hop you went through with your decision. If not...you'll hear from us about it!

Had a blast! Wore my dragonfly shirt and got offered 200 bux for it lol...NO WAY!

We were delayed in NJ for about 45 minutes because of the download delay from London...also we switched theaters, BUT! the show went on, and everyone in the house had a great time...Plus we got free tickets for another event lol...

Archived