LED ZEPPELIN - CELEBRATION DAY (official announcement)

sam_webmaster

Your words are harsh and a bit hurtful...I would have seen the film if it had been in a part of town I could get to easily..I am the consumer/customer...I'm giving feedback .....deal with it....

Last year when Guns n' Roses practically played in your own backyard you offered the same excuse for not attending - you couldn't get there easily. So I'm proud to announce I'm bankrolling a new initiative for the Celebration Day release - Reels on Wheels. Let it not be said I am not merciful.

I wouldnt let missing the film change my opinion of their music...I didn't win the lottery in 12/07 but was happy just to hear the show went well and... the dvd/bluray is just a month away. I don't think Steve was being harsh or hurtful. Everyone is entitled to give feedback but, if I didnt get to the screening, I wouldn't let missing it change my feelings about a band I have listened to for 35 years.

What a coincidence that we went to the same showing! I was really surprised when I saw how few people were there. I was expecting a lot of people to be there, so I and the people I went with got there an hour early. There was only one other group of people besides us when we got there. I guess most people went to the Cinemark. I don't know why, because the tickets were cheaper at the Rave, and Rave had the earlier showing. If I would have had the chance, I would have gone and seen it again right after we got out of the theater! But we had to travel to Baton Rouge, so, unfortunately, that was not possible.

It must have been amazing to see them live in 1975! If you don't mind me asking, where did you see them?

Where did you have to travel from? My husband (he was with me at the '75 concert, but only my boyfriend then - LOL) and I traveled from Lafayette, so the 7:00 showing was better for us too, having to drive back home and getting up to go to work the next day and all. Besides I bought tickets the day they went on sale and the Cinemark theater hadn't listed it yet. That's funny, but I wanted to get to the theater about an hour before the show too, but ended up talking to the theater manager earlier that day and he said there were only about 21 pre-sale tickets sold so he didnt think getting there that early was necessary, so it took some of the heat off as far as leaving Lafayette.

Seeing them live was amazing, but you know, we both said that for this 02 concert they were as good as we remembered. For being so much older they rocked it! It truly was a joy to behold. We saw them in Baton Rouge (my avatar is the poster from that show) at the LSU assembly center. It was 4 days after Physical Graffiti was released, Feb. 28th. God, it seems like a dream now, but some things I remember like it was yesterday. My husband skipped classes and camped out for 4 days to get tickets, I'm sure listening to P.G. on 8-track on someone's jam box - LOL! If you'd like to know more particulars, just PM me. And welcome to the forums!

Where did you have to travel from? My husband (he was with me at the '75 concert, but only my boyfriend then - LOL) and I traveled from Lafayette, so the 7:00 showing was better for us too, having to drive back home and getting up to go to work the next day and all. Besides I bought tickets the day they went on sale and the Cinemark theater hadn't listed it yet. That's funny, but I wanted to get to the theater about an hour before the show too, but ended up talking to the theater manager earlier that day and he said there were only about 21 pre-sale tickets sold so he didnt think getting there that early was necessary, so it took some of the heat off as far as leaving Lafayette.

Seeing them live was amazing, but you know, we both said that for this 02 concert they were as good as we remembered. For being so much older they rocked it! It truly was a joy to behold. We saw them in Baton Rouge (my avatar is the poster from that show) at the LSU assembly center. It was 4 days after Physical Graffiti was released, Feb. 28th. God, it seems like a dream now, but some things I remember like it was yesterday. My husband skipped classes and camped out for 4 days to get tickets, I'm sure listening to P.G. on 8-track on someone's jam box - LOL! If you'd like to know more particulars, just PM me. And welcome to the forums!

Thanks for the info about seeing them live. Sorry for getting off topic! We travelled to Baton Rouge from a rural area outside of Lake Charles. The closest theater was Baton Rouge, which was still a little over two hours away. Thanks for the welcome! It was nice talking to you.

The show was great!! People in the audience were clapping and cheering.....all ages. My favorite part of the movie was when Jason kissed his tatto looking up to his father. Also loved JPJ and Roberts cowboy boots....its a Texas Thang!!! I still loved Stairway to Heaven (ok I admit it was our prom theme back in the day)....like JP says the music keeps building up like a orgasm....I am sure the song brings back memories to most of us. Kashmir was awesome....I wish they have played Going to California and Tangerine. I enjoyed the show and Roberts ass looked great also...oops sorry wrong thread. Don't shoot me JP like a fine wine...gets better with age!

Some of these people who couldn't make it or it wasn't showing in your area - I feel for you. I know most of you will get the Dvd but seeing it in a theatre on the big screen with nice loud sound- it was just fantastic and I already gave my review on the reviews thread, but I think some of you diehards who couldn't see it -it kinda pisses me off because some of these people who just come out of the woodwork when something like this happens and they get to attend- it isn't fair. The person sitting next to me was texting about 95% of the movie and laughing with someone else- I was like someone who really apprciates this should be sitting there. :huh:

Some of these people who couldn't make it or it wasn't showing in your area - I feel for you. I know most of you will get the Dvd but seeing it in a theatre on the big screen with nice loud sound- it was just fantastic and I already gave my review on the reviews thread, but I think some of you diehards who couldn't see it -it kinda pisses me off because some of these people who just come out of the woodwork when something like this happens and they get to attend- it isn't fair. The person sitting next to me was texting about 95% of the movie and laughing with someone else- I was like someone who really apprciates this should be sitting there. :huh:

Sorry there was someone rude at your showing. Of course I would hope you said something! I have NO regrets not seeing it on the big screen. I have a Home Theater system that would rival a theaters anyway (room size vs theater size). Sony 55" LCD tv, Integra DTR40.2 receiver, Paradigm Monitor 9 mains and Paradigm Center and surrounds, with a Rythmik FV15 subwoofer. Not bragging about my eq just justifying why I'm not spending the money for the theater and gas to drive there. Not to mention the unknowns that have happened to some of you already.

Jeff

^^^

55" does not compare to a 50 foot screen, and you don't have 10,000 watts at your disposal, either. Yeah, some of the podunk towns seem to have been caught off-guard with lack of proper speakers or whatnot, but there were still plenty of us who saw it in a theatre with the sound proper loud and all. Theatre vs. home...it's not the same.

Sam, can you please tell me if there are additional screenings planned for L.A.?

Sorry there was someone rude at your showing. Of course I would hope you said something! I have NO regrets not seeing it on the big screen. I have a Home Theater system that would rival a theaters anyway (room size vs theater size). Sony 55" LCD tv, Integra DTR40.2 receiver, Paradigm Monitor 9 mains and Paradigm Center and surrounds, with a Rythmik FV15 subwoofer. Not bragging about my eq just justifying why I'm not spending the money for the theater and gas to drive there. Not to mention the unknowns that have happened to some of you already.

Jeff

I didn't say anything and I don't want any drama but it was actually a member from here.

^^^

55" does not compare to a 50 foot screen, and you don't have 10,000 watts at your disposal, either. Yeah, some of the podunk towns seem to have been caught off-guard with lack of proper speakers or whatnot, but there were still plenty of us who saw it in a theatre with the sound proper loud and all. Theatre vs. home...it's not the same.

Sam, can you please tell me if there are additional screenings planned for L.A.?

Clarity is what it is about. 50' screen? Where on Earth do they have THAT size screen. And 10,000 watts sound system? That really seems extreme. I will have to ask my local cinema, IF I ever go to the movies again about there system setup. Never said home vs theater was the same. I'm just saying that that is my preference. I will get a clearer picture sitting 12' away than 40ish ft away. And I wonder how many theaters are properly calibrated for sound?

Jeff

Clarity is what it is about. 50' screen? Where on Earth do they have THAT size screen. And 10,000 watts sound system? That really seems extreme. I will have to ask my local cinema, IF I ever go to the movies again about there system setup. Never said home vs theater was the same. I'm just saying that that is my preference. I will get a clearer picture sitting 12' away than 40ish ft away. And I wonder how many theaters are properly calibrated for sound?

Jeff

I am fortunate to attend in Japanese cinemas, where you can hear pin a drop and nobody dreams of using their cellphone during the film.

If I were in the US or UK I'd also prefer the home theater experience.

I realize there's a new cinema experience available which features 4K projectores and 23.1 sound.

Anybody who experienced Celebration Day this way is very welcome to share his thoughts :) (Mr. Steve AJones?) :) (btw. I didn't see the film yet and look forward to see it on BluRay)

I didn't say anything and I don't want any drama but it was actually a member from here.

Steve it is funny and what is real funny- even after I didn't say anything I have seen they have changed/altered their name on here.

But you did say something so you are obviously looking for drama. Unfortunately what you are doing is childish. I would suggest you back off or risk having the whole truth revealed. The other party took the high road and didn't say anything but I am not going to stand idly by and let you slander someone with no cause.

I have a Home Theater system that would rival a theaters anyway

Can I book a date at your home theatre once the DVD comes out? Sounds like a great set-up (especially for us urban dwellers with very small abodes).

I am envious of all the reviews on here because my experience was less than optimal. The sound was not loud and the theatre was very warm. The worst part though was the 2 adults who stood in the back of the theatre during most of the film and talked very loudly. When they weren't talking, they were singing the lines before Robert did. (Particularly during IMTOD, I wanted to cry!) Two adults politely asked them more than once to please stop talking and they were met with "fuck you/fuck off, bitch."

I rarely go to the theatre for exactly this reason. No civility, it's unbearable.

But you did say something so you are obviously looking for drama. Unfortunately what you are doing is childish. I would suggest you back off or risk having the whole truth revealed. The other party took the high road and didn't say anything but I am not going to stand idly by and let you slander someone with no cause.

You are sticking your nose in something that doesn't concern you. And like I said I didn't say any names etc. Also there is two sides to every story so...It was a bit of Communication Breakdown. I hardly call saying the truth about someone playing on their phone while at the Zeppelin movie slander. :hysterical: Also they must be guilty of texting on the phone at the movie or you wouldn't even know who I am talking about as I said no names. (spoiler) no one sat on the other side of me-so again you are the one bringing on the drama and being childish.

DavidZoso, you posted a photo of two great ladies on this forum, so I know you cannot be talking about either of them. What I find strange is that you initially posted you had a great time. I would think getting together with nice people as a group to go see this you would have had fun time. <_<

Archived