Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
sam_webmaster

LED ZEPPELIN - CELEBRATION DAY (official announcement)

Today I finally got to see Celebration Day. It was awesome. Almost as great as the real thing 5 years ago. :bubble:

And I cried at No Quarter....again. :tears:;)

I know the feeling but since your from Brazil i figured the patrons would be dancing in the aisles

The show was great!! People in the audience were clapping and cheering.....all ages. My favorite part of the movie was when Jason kissed his tatto looking up to his father. Also loved JPJ and Roberts cowboy boots....its a Texas Thang!!! I still loved Stairway to Heaven (ok I admit it was our prom theme back in the day)....like JP says the music keeps building up like a orgasm....I am sure the song brings back memories to most of us. Kashmir was awesome....I wish they have played Going to California and Tangerine. I enjoyed the show and Roberts ass looked great also...oops sorry wrong thread. Don't shoot me JP like a fine wine...gets better with age!

Yeah, Robert could totally crack a walnut if he wanted to.

From Amazon.com

"Bonus DVD contains the full rehearsal from Shepperton Studios from 12/6/07, BBC News footage from the evening of the show and the complete Tampa News piece from 1973 that opens the film"

From Amazon.com

"Bonus DVD contains the full rehearsal from Shepperton Studios from 12/6/07, BBC News footage from the evening of the show and the complete Tampa News piece from 1973 that opens the film"

yeah I just saw that on amazon. I know some people have said not to expect the full rehearsal, but this might possibly serve to confirm this. Fingers crossed on this one. It goes on to say in the amazon description that the rehearsal was filmed in SD with stereo sound as opposed to the actual show which is HD and filmed in 5.1 surround sound. Interesting stuff to say the least that they recorded the rehearsal in standard def, would have thought they would have worked out angles with the HD cameras, but Carruthers did say in an interview that he filmed the rehearsal with a stationary camera that he set up in front of the band and to expect a different look to it in comparison to the actual show.

A bonus DVD in the deluxe versions features the dress rehearsal at Shepperton Studios, filmed a few days before the O2 concert. The band play the entire set that was performed at the O2, and the DVD provides a unique insight into the concert buildup. The rehearsal is filmed by a single camera in SD and recorded in stereo.

* Bonus DVD contains the full rehearsal from Shepperton Studios from 12/6/07, BBC News footage from the evening of the show and the complete Tampa News piece from 1973 that opens the film

www.amazon.com/Celebration-Deluxe-Edition-Blu-Ray-digipak/dp/B009E3EY38/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_t_1

For Hong Kong and Taiwan crowd,dont think it screened in the mainland

Ah. Well, good for Hong Kong and Taiwan, then.

* Bonus DVD contains the full rehearsal from Shepperton Studios from 12/6/07, BBC News footage from the evening of the show and the complete Tampa News piece from 1973 that opens the film

www.amazon.com/Celebration-Deluxe-Edition-Blu-Ray-digipak/dp/B009E3EY38/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_t_1

we can only hope that this is really the full confirmation. It's gonna be like getting TWO complete concerts!

I will say though, from having listened to the soundboard of the rehearsals that leaked out, it is slightly surprising that they'd release the full video of the dress rehearsal considering Robert's slightly HUGE mistake coming in for the vocals after the solo.......

I will say though, from having listened to the soundboard of the rehearsals that leaked out, it is slightly surprising that they'd release the full video of the dress rehearsal considering Robert's slightly HUGE mistake coming in for the vocals after the solo.......

From which solo are you referring to?

Can't wait to see the rehearsal. Should be awesome!

I am excited to see the rehearsal footage too, it will be an entirely different experience. Also, I don't know that the leaked rehearsals are from the same date, as far as I know there wasn't a date attached to the leak.

From which solo are you referring to?

Can't wait to see the rehearsal. Should be awesome!

if you go on the shepperton reunion rehearsals, listen to stairway, and fast forward to just after 6:50 into the track, robert gets it all screwy right around there. and yeah, we're not sure on the date of the rehearsals leak right? wasn't it rumored to be from December 5? Regardless, guess all will be revealed in just about two weeks time now.....

That's why it is called a rehearsal! Sheesh. Be happy.

yeah, rehearsals are all about making mistakes and getting past them. It's part of the journey on the way towards excellence......I want to hear the mistakes. Every one of them. It will make the O2 gig even sweeter....just saying

didn't mean to come off as complaining. I'm as stoked as anyone at this possibility that we might have not only the full concert but a complete rehearsal in professionally mixed audio. That's really great on the band's part, giving us as much material as they have to give from the reunion timeframe.

^^^ Theatre vs. home...it's not the same.

Well Strider darlin, it could be very much better at home :wink: :wink:

I saw the movie twice here in North Detroit. Once with a member from here, that was absolutely wonderful ! I was so disappointed with the attendence though, both shows...how depressing.Not a very lively bunch either. Assholes.

*I* however, was in my glory for this is what I have been waiting for. To see the work that they do, to perform. To see every grimace and grin, to see their eyes searching for one another and their mark. To see the sweat and spit and smiles, up close and personal. That is what I needed to see. I never dreamed that 44 years ago, this group that I was so in love with would still be feeding their fans, even in this small way.They have given us a new gift and we must relish what it is.

Edited by Queen of Light

From Peter Mensch's Twitter feed on Nov 3

@GalvatronJB defo shepperton rehearsal worth watching. catch the various management head silhouettes as we walk in and out of frame (ha).

@maindepowr lol. Is it the whole rehearsal? Are there any differences from the proper concert?

@GalvatronJB it was a "dress rehearsal" so to speak, so exactly same set as O2. I never saw the early band rehearsals, sadly.

One and a half minute iTunes samples for Trampled, Dazed, Misty Mountain Hop, and Whole Lotta Love are now available, more are probably soon to come...

Edit: they are all showing now

https://itunes.apple...-o2/id563633043

Edited by publicenemy3