LED ZEPPELIN - CELEBRATION DAY (official announcement)

sam_webmaster

Celebration Day is Here!!!

I can confirm Strider's post about the Best Buy ad, at least here in the West (Viva Las Vegas!).

Stopped at Best Buy close to work on way home and picked one up of each format offered, 2 CD $14.99, 2CD & 2DVD $19.99, Deluxe 2CD & 1 Bluray & 1 DVD $24.99. Sale prices on until 11/21. The Bluray regular price is is $35, so considering I had a $10 reward certificate the Deluxe edition for me came out to $14.99!! Would've considered meself blessed at thrice the price! 2 other happy souls picking up their copies and they hadn't had the theatre experience, wished them a wonderful time.

Blared the 1st CD with the moon roof open all the way home :) Oh the strains of my fave What Is and Should Never Be, urging me to Ramble On!

Amazing so far and am saving another view until Weds evening, what with 4 days off work to gorge my senses.

Love the Celtic artwork with the 4 symbols outlining the corners of each case. Tattoo inspiration for sure.

Found the inside individual notes to be at once mesmerizing, slightly euphorically disorienting and heart string pulling!

Each one resonated as profoundly Jimmy, Robert, JPJ or Jason, each as the case may be.

BEST BUY 75040 received 50 digipaks and as of 1:42pm had sold 30, they had them in the audio section rather than Blu-Ray or Special Interest or Movie or New Release or Concert DVD or.....

I bought ours at BB this afternoon and the (older than me) lady cashier asked me what was so special about it?

She said they have selling like crazy all day! :)

I told her about the special concert and that many people have waited a LONG time for this! :D

She just shook her head!

I felt like a teenager again! So misunderstood!! :D....ha!

Official News Release:

Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day

September 13, 2012

Audio And Video From Legendary 2007 Concert

To Be Available In Multiple Configurations On November 19

Concert Slated For Global Theatrical Release On October 17

(Los Angeles, Sept. 13, 2012) – On December 10, 2007, Led Zeppelin took the stage at London’s O2 Arena to headline a tribute concert for dear friend and Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun. What followed was a two-hour-plus tour de force of the band’s signature blues-infused rock ’n’ roll that instantly became part of the legend of Led Zeppelin. Founding members John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were joined by Jason Bonham, the son of their late drummer John Bonham, to perform 16 songs from their celebrated catalog including landmark tracks “Whole Lotta Love,” “Rock And Roll,” “Kashmir,” and “Stairway To Heaven.”

Although 20 million people applied for tickets, the band’s first headline show in 27 years was seen only by the 18,000 ticket holders who were fortunate enough to have secured seats through the worldwide lottery.

The film of Celebration Day will see a worldwide theatrical release by Omniverse Vision on 1,500 screens in over 40 territories on October 17. The theatrical screenings will follow premieres in London, Los Angeles, New York, and other major cities. Tickets for the public screenings will be available on September 13 via

ledzeppelin.com.

Celebration Day will then be available in multiple video and audio formats on November 19 from Swan Song/Atlantic Records. Specific product details will be announced soon.

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/news

Trailer:

============================

Celebration Day - Cinema Listings

Click Here For Cinema Listings:

http://www.ledzeppel...cinema-listings

Watched the dvd concert last night and listening to the cd now and can't wait for my vinyls to turn up just awesome love to see them live i wish.

the hostess at Best Buy was clueless... "..and what's it called again?" as she spoke into the mic on her collar. An asian 20something came up to us with a big smile- "It's over here- how many?"

Three stocking stuffers and I too felt like a kid.

I hear ya! The 17 year old who rang me up was like "you're getting three of the same?"

If they'd been available, I would have waltzed out with those albums under my arm too, just like back in the day. B)

Miss those days of hanging out at the record store, and in the parking lot, just to see who had the cash to get what and caravaning to get together and play the latest score. The communal quality of a new musical release is somewhat less visceral in today's modern world. K, off my little soap box!

No displays whatsoever either. I just made a beeline for the very back where the music section is, and there it was just sitting on the new release shelf with Coldplay, Slash and Rhianna. The Zeppelin rises again! :party:

Watching as I type. It's better than anything I could have dreamed. My missions are banging out the heaviest I've heard Zeppelin be. What glorious sound to be hold. In My Time Of Dying is so smokey and slow - perfect. Currently trampled is boogieing away. The sheep are hiding in the field behind the house and the birds have stopped singing.

In a word FANTASTIC.

Plant must have really strong will power not to have wanted to carry on cos it's just so good and they look like they're having a really good time. :D

I should have mine (blu-ray, DVD & 2CD) by Friday. I got the conformation email from Amazon this morning.

It actually came today! Not bad for the 3 - 5 days free postage option!

I have made it thru the cd and blu ray and will watch the dvd tomorrow hopefully I cant believe in another thread people are nitpicking abt audio banter cut..a friend of mine bought the work in progress boot I am sure he'd give it to anyone in states that wants every little second...

Gee I amjust thrilled to have this because there was a point when I thought we'd get nothing from this night a couple years ago...so thankful

Just got through the second go of the CD as I sat in line for the car wash after work. Rock n Roll was thumping and I couldn't hear the car wash at all :) Kid at car wash asked me if that was Zeppelin I was listening too cuz wow they were rocking!

Yes indeed! He was excited to hear there was a new cd and was going to pick it up for himself and his parents. Infectious rhythms are catching ;)

OMG, I am loving having this in the house! I haven't let myself listen too much as I don't want to get sick of it! As if..but you know what I mean? I don't want to become desensitized.

I haven't had a chance to watch the rehearsal yet, either. Maybe this weekend!

:-)

LED ZEPPELIN's concert film, "Celebration Day", which is available on CD, DVD, and Blu-ray disc, is likely to sell between 90,000 and 100,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release, according to industry web site Hits Daily Double. The estimate was based on two-day sales reports compiled after the package arrived in stores on November 19 via Swan Song/Atlantic Records.

the one way to make this release cooler would have been to on select songs just have a jimmy angle, a JPJ angle, etc. where you can choose a camera angle that only follows around one band member for an entire song. Like for No Quarter for example, all the cameras are just the ones keyed on JPJ or on Kashmir you get Robert, that sort of thing, maybe not for the available for the entirety of the show, but for select songs where people might want to highlight a certain member or something to that effect.

Otherwise, still such an amazing release even after having it for a week now.

Archived