Celebration day movie - how do you think Jimmy "corrected" the D&C segment?

hecube

He's scrapped it, this is probably the last Zeppelin release he'S gone overboard on perfection

That's the magic of live performance, anything can happen.

Obviously he will have tweaked it and from the trailer the feedback seems to have been erased.

How would you or any of us here know what he has done or deleted?

Once again offering up opinion as fact.

Be grateful they are releasing it at all.

That's the magic of live performance, anything can happen.

Obviously he will have tweaked it and from the trailer the feedback seems to have been erased.

How would you or any of us here know what he has done or deleted?

Once again offering up opinion as fact.

Be grateful they are releasing it at all.

History shows I'm probably right but we'll see, calm down no one was being ungrateful were they.

I'm grateful but curious and I opened this thread for the sole purpose of speculating.

Of course we are all curious.

It will be great no matter what.

I actually didn't mind the way it kinda went pear shaped, it just proves they are human and not gods after all. :)

I think (and hope) it will remain intact, at most "adjusted" to be more seamless if Jimmy deemed it a problem.

As Reggie said, that's the beauty of live performance. As prepared and rehearsed as they were, this wasn't a road-hardened set for the guys on the night, so one thing over 2 hours people have noticed pouring over the bootlegs isn't bad!

Cousinlouie and Great Sombreo,

After the lead in "Dazed and Confused" the band had a hard time transitioning back into the opening bass line riff. They almost stop in the middle of the song! Here are a couple previous comments about it. Go to YouTube to hear it for yourselves.

I just listened to it again and it's really hard to say what went wrong here...but right around or just prior to the 9:00 mark (of the trainspotter recording), both jimmy and JPJ go into the transition part...but it sounds like they're not in sync. i'm not sure who makes the correction, but it sounds like they both end up in sync after starting out of sync...but jason never syncs properly with them, so he ends up going into his fill to end the transition *after* the other guys have already ended the transition and started playing the B riff.

before all this happens, jason did a fill that seemed out of place which may have caused the initial confusion. i'd like to see if anyone has other opinions on this or if anyone can explain it better (because i know my explanation sucks).

ipb.global.registerReputation( 'rep_post_58071', { domLikeStripId: 'like_post_58071', app: 'forums', type: 'pid', typeid: '58071' }, parseInt('') );

• The whole end is a mess.

IF they had a pre-planned cue for going into the E-D-A E-G part, Jimmy missed it and started it late. This is heard through the fact that Bonham is hitting the cymboles in the correct place without the hits from Jimmy. They do however salvage this and start playing together.

But then all hell breaks loose when Bonham does this "weird" fill. Well that weird fill, which occured during the performance over the riff on the B, was, I believe, supposed to go over the E-D-A E-G part! This John Bonham did in a number of shows (HTWWW? I'm too lazy to get it from my car right now). Thus Jason thought that part went on longer than it did during the show, either by mistake or some kind of miscommunication stemming from the first time Jimmy is late coming in.

It's funny you posted this topic. I was thinking the same thing for a brief moment today, because we know Jimmy's a perfectionist. I'd have to guess they tightened it up a bit, (edit) but if they didn't I really don't mind. Either way, it doesn't make me any less anxious or excited to view this, not only at the Cinema but in the pleasure of my own home over and over again.

considering the running time I highly doubt it was scrapped. I've listened to the bootleg endlessly and while its definitely not the way the album version goes, it really doesnt sound bad. Its live and you have the four greatest living talents up on stage, its fantastic I say!

He's scrapped it, this is probably the last Zeppelin release he'S gone overboard on perfection

Actually, history will prove you wrong. My bootleg of the O2 concert runs just over 2 hrs 6 minutes. The run time of the official release is 2 hrs and 4 mins. So Jimmy has obviously NOT scrapped "Dazed and Confused".

About the mess up at the end of D & C, here's what I posted after just listening to the O2 show a couple of times:

12.10.07 O2 Arena, London

Listening again to this, and I've gotta say that I don't think "Dazed and Confused" is as big a trainwreck at the end of the solo as some people claim. I don't think it needs to be fixed at all...I hope Jimmy leaves it alone. It sort of adds to the spookiness of the piece. The song is called Dazed and Confused after all.

One thing that stands out about "Stairway to Heaven" to me is how much better it sounds with Robert singing close to the original melody line and sticking with just a few restrained "and it makes me wonder" at the end of the verses.

In the old days, I found some of his performances on "Stairway" overwrought, with too much screeching. I think the song works better with a 'less is more' vocal approach...save the big voice for the end.

So it is refreshing to hear "Stairway" the way it was performed at the O2.

Well if it's going to be a MOVIE like TSRTS, then I guess we will have fillers or interviews inbetween the songs...If there were any fuck ups, I bet they will just have the transition faster or whatever...

It's going to be just footage of the concert.

Archived