Oh my f--king god. Just got out of 6:30 pm showing at Sunshine Cinema in NYC. There are almost no words.

Just amazingly, stunningly amazing! I'm almost breathless. Thank heaven for the nearby bar!

If I take away one key memory- it's the SMILES they all shared throughout the show.

The sound- oh my goodness!

What a film!

Celebration Day- most definitely!

I have not been able to go and see the concert movie yet due to business commitments. I was looking online at the closest movie theatre (which is almost 100 miles from where I live) and it says " playing for a limited time only ", does anybody know how long the movie will be at theatres for ? I really want to see this movie at a theatre bad, and if I have to cancel some commitments in order to see this movie I will. Thanks.

I have not been able to go and see the concert movie yet due to business commitments. I was looking online at the closest movie theatre (which is almost 100 miles from where I live) and it says " playing for a limited time only ", does anybody know how long the movie will be at theatres for ? I really want to see this movie at a theatre bad, and if I have to cancel some commitments in order to see this movie I will. Thanks.

For the most part it was just today on the 17th. There are other showings tomorrow and some next week. Just need to check the listings of theatres closest to you.

NorthStar, just returned from the showing in Winnipeg with two showings, 17th, and 25th Oct.

The Film was seen in True Winnipeg Tradition, the Fact that it was raining all the time...The Rain God is always happy and showers tears of joy when it comes to Led Zeppelin. DJ Howard, I believe from Citi 92 made a brief intro appearance reminding us about the rain (the theatre itself is only block away from Winnipeg Stadium, the original venue for Zeppelin in 1970, Zeppelin were rained out then)...it was also raining when Robert Plant arrived solo a while ago... DJ Howard also mentioned that there were few fans from The 'Peg who attended the Reunion...

As for the Film itself, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, Jason, and Jimmy each hold their charisma and the chemistry is achieved to perfection. Robert Plant, is a Rock God, the spotlight was on This Rock God...could it be any other way? Few of young students also made it to the Cinema when I told them about the Film earlier (they did not know) and indicated to me that this is their only chance to witness "Zeppelin"...I attended this with my daughter and she was thrilled to witness this with me, she is very familiary with Zeppelin and knows the value of tradition for Legendary Musicians and their place in history and personally with myself..

We all found Dazed and Confused to be the highlight of the show. My least favorite was In My Time of Dying, for some reason, I have never grasped the composition of this song as it begins...

Beautiful Memories came back right out of the 70's, as I would sit in front premises of the house and listen to No Body's Fault But Mine...sentimental moment it was for me...

IMHO, the Director has done not too much justice when it comes to Editing of the Film...It is my view that what was said and done was for a reason that night, and he should have respected that and left the Original dialogue as it was...I do not believe in editing speeches on the grounds of morality...For any future Led Zeppelin Project, The Director has to rethink his Direction...this was clearly not his best, as he says this is how Led Zeppelin will be rememberd...I do not think Led Zeppelin will be remember this way, this is his opinion, but I must respect his opinion as well;

Other than that, what can be said about the Legendary Musicians, that has not been said before...I am thankful to the Spiritual Being that such musicians are still present with us and that their Presence is not only desired but necessary....

The Theatre was 3/4 full; loud cheers at the beginning of the film and ending, and emotions were felt in silence during Stairway...

The Beginning of The Film was very emotional and perfect fitting...Good Times, Bad Times, the entire magnificient journey of Led Zeppelin, there could not have been a better choice!!

**sorry, s/b in Forum Reviews, just realized..

"The Candle Burns in Every Color Till Dawn"...Ghalib

ebk, I think that must be the closest one to us. A couple of the theater chains had theaters in northern VA/Fred'burg, but I couldn't find any actual tickets in-state. I hope you (and everyone else!!) has an absolutely AWESOME time; I will be there in spirit thinking of you all! :)

Virginia, I just looked and there are tickets tomorrow at the AMC Tysons at 7:30. I'm half tempted to go again after work... :)

A little over an hour til show time...I am actually too excited to drink wine. I'm afraid it would make me too mellow!!

Cheers!

No wine... I forgot I'd decided to see it in the "we make it difficult to buy and/or sell alchohol" county.

The movie was spectacular though - even without wine!!

Virginia, I just looked and there are tickets tomorrow at the AMC Tysons at 7:30. I'm half tempted to go again after work... :)

Thanks; unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it but I'm glad to hear it was great and am looking forward to the dvd!

Archived