BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

I had to cook for myself last night because when I got home, my lazy-ass wife hadn't cooked anything. Busy day on Fakebook, darling? No problem!

So, I had half a Matteson's enormous smoked sausage, lots of crinkle-cut fries, and a can of baked beans. It was ok, but it was ruined by her sitting there trying to grab my fries and begging for a bite on my enormous half-sausage, like a poorly-trained dog.

She didn't get any.

Roast crown of duck, with two pork & apple sausages, 7 very crumbly roast potatoes, sweetcorn (sliced from fresh cobs), carrots & mangetout. The gravy was some roast chicken gravy concentrate, with extra chicken stock cubes, a bay leaf and two squeezed clementines. Went down a treat!

Roast crown of duck, with two pork & apple sausages, 7 very crumbly roast potatoes, sweetcorn (sliced from fresh cobs), carrots & mangetout. The gravy was some roast chicken gravy concentrate, with extra chicken stock cubes, a bay leaf and two squeezed clementines. Went down a treat!

Did you prep the roast crown of duck yourself ? I ask because that was the task in the elimination round on tonights Masterchef the Professionals, it looked as though there is some skill in getting it right. ...btw Welcome aboard the forum, may you find it entertaining enlightening and..most of all fun.

Yes, I did. I'll have to watch that 'on demand' later, to see what I did wrong! But all I did was the usual: score the skin, season it, and then stick it skin-side down in a frying pan for about 3 or 4 mins until the skin was seared, to get rid of a load of fat. Same as you'd do with duck breasts.

And thanks for the welcome!

Yes, I did. I'll have to watch that 'on demand' later, to see what I did wrong! But all I did was the usual: score the skin, season it, and then stick it skin-side down in a frying pan for about 3 or 4 mins until the skin was seared, to get rid of a load of fat. Same as you'd do with duck breasts.

And thanks for the welcome!

eeemmmmm I know your only knew here Balthasar but I have a sneaking feeling that it was a "Gressingham" crown? Am I correct? Still a perfectly good effort adding the sweetness of the citrus.Duck is very good in Asian food. Thai especially! Oh by the way thanks JTM I have yet to watch Masterchef and you've spilled the beans so to speak :mad:

Welcome anyway B. Loads of foodies on here. I did Meatballs with a roasted red onion and red pepper sauce and Linguine. Had 3 glasses of red and watched some Swedish bloke with a Croation name hammer the English at footy. It was great.

Edited by chillumpuffer

You know who has surprisingly good crinkle-cut fries in the U.S? Del Taco.

Crinkle-cut fries used to be fairly standard at most American hamburger/hot dog joints. But one by one, they all switched to the McDonald's style skinny fries, until only Del Taco is left flying the crinkle-cut fries banner.

Crinkle-cut fries used to be fairly standard at most American hamburger/hot dog joints. But one by one, they all switched to the McDonald's style skinny fries, until only Del Taco is left flying the crinkle-cut fries banner.

"Crinkle Crinkle Crinkle Crinkle..... :thumbsup: " Mrs CP hates crinkle fries. She always gos for those thin southern type of ones :thumbdown:

After reading the last few posts, it will be Ore Ida crinkle cut fries, dipped in my super secret mayo/ketchup concoction. Plus cheeseburgers topped out with about the last of my home grown tomatoes with Vidalia onion slices.

And a few tall glasses of beer.

eeemmmmm I know your only knew here Balthasar but I have a sneaking feeling that it was a "Gressingham" crown? Am I correct? Still a perfectly good effort adding the sweetness of the citrus.Duck is very good in Asian food. Thai especially! Oh by the way thanks JTM I have yet to watch Masterchef and you've spilled the beans so to speak :mad:

Welcome anyway B. Loads of foodies on here. I did Meatballs with a roasted red onion and red pepper sauce and Linguine. Had 3 glasses of red and watched some Swedish bloke with a Croation name hammer the English at footy. It was great.

Uncanny...yes, it was a Gressingham crown! Tesco doesn't seem to have its own range of duck products for some reason.

Yes I like Chinese-style crispy duck too, but I'm not a big fan of Thai food - always seems like rabbit fod to me, lol - so I don't think I'd waste my duck in that muck. Although I'd be interested to know what recipe you had in mind?

Your onion & pepper sauce sounds nice, I might try that.

Thanks for your welcome, too! What a friendly place this is!

There is a place here called Braum's & they have those fries. I can't find them anywhere else. I actually prefer the skinny fries.