BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

My, my it's brassic outside. So what better than a Lamb Sunday dinner?

At the bar with a couple of glasses of NZ Sauvignion Blanc, a corn on the cob

Roast lamb. I will stud the flesh with Rosemary and slithers of Garlic. Serve with Roast parsnips and Asparagus Spears. A Rioja to wash down

No sweet but we have some cheeses. 

Nestle in front of the woodstove and have a fat joint of green and listen to some tunes. Marvellous

38 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

My, my it's brassic outside. So what better than a Lamb Sunday dinner?

At the bar with a couple of glasses of NZ Sauvignion Blanc, a corn on the cob

Roast lamb. I will stud the flesh with Rosemary and slithers of Garlic. Serve with Roast parsnips and Asparagus Spears. A Rioja to wash down

No sweet but we have some cheeses. 

Nestle in front of the woodstove and have a fat joint of green and listen to some tunes. Marvellous

Sounds good!  I wish I was there!  It's just now 10 am here in Cali, I guess I better start planning dinner...

DSCF6121.thumb.JPG.b78aca76ad833138dc22d9fb8a0afd5a.JPG

Our front yard party spot underneath a large magnolia.  I wish some of us could get together here sometime for smoking and drinking and Zeppelin bootlegs!

DSCF6124.thumb.JPG.5f2b3e0cd4572ce244c5e89ffced1a00.JPG

Spicy sweet wings smoked in fig wood smoke (Thanks Jabe!) for brunch.

DSCF6122.thumb.JPG.677d918ebca1ea07eab54aa7b81d5eba.JPG

Today's music, Brandi Carlile.

DSCF6129.thumb.JPG.c27d7506f679995ab0ff14957f9856c1.JPG

The family, they only hang out if there's a nice warm fire.  Note the mixer tree (grapefruit so bitter that the only use for it is to mix with tequila!)

DSCF6139.thumb.JPG.8f670505345ad68f09925f4490f8eae2.JPG

Meat just oozing off the bones, no one choose to use the sauce, that tells you something...

Edited by chef free

Well done as always Chef Free with the bbq and great set up.  Especially, love how it's isolated away from the house and gives a more natural feel to it being within the trees etc.  Nice choice with the music and Brandi.  I saw her at ACL music festival in 2011.  One of the highlights of the event.

19 hours ago, chef free said:

DSCF6121.thumb.JPG.b78aca76ad833138dc22d9fb8a0afd5a.JPG

Our front yard party spot underneath a large magnolia.  I wish some of us could get together here sometime for smoking and drinking and Zeppelin bootlegs!

DSCF6124.thumb.JPG.5f2b3e0cd4572ce244c5e89ffced1a00.JPG

Spicy sweet wings smoked in fig wood smoke (Thanks Jabe!) for brunch.

DSCF6122.thumb.JPG.677d918ebca1ea07eab54aa7b81d5eba.JPG

Today's music, Brandi Carlile.

DSCF6129.thumb.JPG.c27d7506f679995ab0ff14957f9856c1.JPG

The family, they only hang out if there's a nice warm fire.  Note the mixer tree (grapefruit so bitter that the only use for it is to mix with tequila!)

DSCF6139.thumb.JPG.8f670505345ad68f09925f4490f8eae2.JPG

Meat just oozing off the bones, no one choose to use the sauce, that tells you something...

Awesome Chef - again. When it stops snowing and the temp gets up I will embarrass myself with our BBQ offerings.

We have friends over for dinner this evening and I have been quite busy on the bill of fayre.

Chicken Liver Pate to start. Served with Red Onion relish and thinly sliced toast

Beef Bourguignon. Buttery mashed Potatoes.

Apricot and Almond Frangipane Tart

A selection of cheeses and White Port

A cracker of a Pinot from Oatago New Zealand. Lots of other wines to enjoy and green for me and Mrs CP as our chums don't partake, though they are very curious about it. They did ask once but I said no to them as I didn't want them to get wasted and have a whitey.:D

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Spanish in a Greek restaurant? hummmmm:blink:

Goan Coconut Chicken curry tonight. Chapati for me. Rice for Mrs CP

Well, at last, tortilla, frittata or Greek omelet/sfougato are (more or less) the same.
Goan coconut curry - that sounds delicious. Bon appétit!

10 hours ago, Strider said:

Trout, butterflied and grilled in butter. Rice with herbs. Sauteed zucchini and squash. Pinot grigio.

You're making me quite hungry so close to dinner.  I grill it like you do and make a sauce adding a bit of EVOO, lemon juice and herbes de Provence.  So good!

6 hours ago, SuperDave said:

You're making me quite hungry so close to dinner.  I grill it like you do and make a sauce adding a bit of EVOO, lemon juice and herbes de Provence.  So good!

Is there good trout available to fish in the CT rivers?

On 09/03/2018 at 6:09 PM, LedZed66 said:

Well, at last, tortilla, frittata or Greek omelet/sfougato are (more or less) the same.
Goan coconut curry - that sounds delicious. Bon appétit!

It was historic Led. I can send you the recipe if you want?

On the table this evening: Penang Prawn Curry. Rice

17 hours ago, Strider said:

Is there good trout available to fish in the CT rivers?

Quite a few options in CT.  I don't fish but do consume a lot of it.  Not always available in the markets and you just have to shop around at times to find them.  Probably not as much in demand as they always come whole and not filets.

http://wtnh.com/2011/03/01/looking-for-great-places-to-catch-trout-in-connecticut/

My favorite may be the swordfish I cook that is so flavorful and it's not even grilled!  Here you go!

S/P both sides with one inch thick swordfish steak

Cooked on stove top with medium/high heat in EVOO for three minutes until browning occurs on one side

Turn over and into oven for ten minutes at 400.  Use same pan as on stove and is oven safe.

When done drain oil from pan and keep warm

Transfer pan back to stove for sauce

Low to medium heat to start and come up to temp

Add a little EVOO and a TBSP or so of butter to your liking

When butter stops bubbling add chopped or minced garlic and a bit of red pepper flakes.  Depending how much heat you like

Garlic browns add an ounce or two of white wine and raise temp to medium/high

Let wine bubble for a couple of minutes and reduce

Add a bit of herbes de Provence and stir to incorporate ingredients

Add S/P to taste

When sauce is reduced to thickness desired add a TBSP or bit more of fresh lemon juice to finish it off and stir.  Usually about the last 30 seconds.  Can do this when removing from stove as well but don't have to.  Can also had a little lemon zest for more lemon flavor.  Also ground parsley works to stir in for color, but Herbes de Provence I think is better with good flavor.

Pour over fish and dive in!  Comes out so tender and flavorful

Don't forget the obligatory bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, which is perfect with sword fish.  Especially from New Zealand as they are so crisp and balanced.  Oyster Bay and Kim Crawford are good and reasonably priced choices.

Just thought I'd share this as I know you enjoy cooking and fish.

On 15.3.2018 at 6:55 PM, chillumpuffer said:

It was historic Led. I can send you the recipe if you want?

On the table this evening: Penang Prawn Curry. Rice

It would be great if you could send me the Goan curry recipe, CP  :wave:
My beloved Indian restaurant closed 10 or 15 years ago - and I still miss it.
Penang, the Thai curry? That's one of my favorite dishes, it's a perfect compostion between the spices and the coconut milk.