BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

My spice tolerance is pretty low but I am actually going to try out a dish with the infamous "ghost chilli". Yep! I guess I have balls! :P 

The dish nonetheless, has irresistible ingredients such as Paneer, Basil, Zucchini, Mushroom and Mozzarella Cheese.

Will post photos shortly and I hope I have a pleasant Sunday morning, recovering from the onslaught! :hysterical: 

On 7/15/2018 at 10:28 AM, paul carruthers said:

^^ Hot dogs w/ mustard; never understood that bullshit, but I think I've posted the A & C mustard routine before...

😉

Sorry mate...it's ketchup on a hotdog that is bullshit. Every true sausage and hotdog fan knows mustard is the one, true condiment. 😏😜

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Sorry mate...it's ketchup on a hotdog that is bullshit. Every true sausage and hotdog fan knows mustard is the one, true condiment. 😏😜

Agreed Strider!  Don't ever doubt Harry Callahan as not good for one's health!

On 7/16/2018 at 3:14 PM, SuperDave said:

Agreed Strider!  Don't ever doubt Harry Callahan as not good for one's health!

Especially when he's pointing a .44 Magnum at you.

Just had a lobster roll and tomato soup and a cold Sam Adams Summer Ale. Lobster roll cold with mayo this time instead of warm with butter. Which way do you prefer, SuperDave, Anjin-san, the chase, and any other New Englanders?

Edited by Strider

On 7/19/2018 at 7:51 PM, Strider said:

Especially when he's pointing a .44 Magnum at you.

Just had a lobster roll and tomato soup and a cold Sam Adams Summer Ale. Lobster roll cold with mayo this time instead of warm with butter. Which way do you prefer, SuperDave, Anjin-san, the chase, and any other New Englanders?

Use both the mayo and butter as makes it more decadent and just so good! An eatery on a golf course nearby makes them this way and they are so tasty!  They put the butter on the side and just pour it in!

Saturdays dinner:

Smoked Salmon Parcels. Stuffed with cream cheese

Blue cheese stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in streaky bacon. White wine cream Tarragon sauce. New Potatoes,  Asparagus spears

Raspberry Trifle

Cheeses and vintage white port

Wines and some fantastic soft, green Moroccan Hash

BBQ is a personal thing and what kind of barbeque you prefer often depends on where you grew up.

Texas BBQ. Memphis BBQ. Kansas City BBQ. St. Louis BBQ. Everyone claims to be the best...the one, true Que.

Personally, I love them all! Put any meat on a grill and I'll eat it. It doesn't matter if you dry-rub it or baste it in sauce, smoke it slow or char it fast...it is all amazing to me.

Last night, I went with Thai BBQ for dinner. Beef ribs and chicken. With papaya salad and rice. Lip-smacking good.

Speaking of bbq, isn't it time for another chef free grill update? :drool:

5 minutes ago, Strider said:

BBQ is a personal thing and what kind of barbeque you prefer often depends on where you grew up.

Texas BBQ. Memphis BBQ. Kansas City BBQ. St. Louis BBQ. Everyone claims to be the best...the one, true Que.

Personally, I love them all! Put any meat on a grill and I'll eat it. It doesn't matter if you dry-rub it or baste it in sauce, smoke it slow or char it fast...it is all amazing to me.

Last night, I went with Thai BBQ for dinner. Beef ribs and chicken. With papaya salad and rice. Lip-smacking good.

Speaking of bbq, isn't it time for another chef free grill update? :drool:

Great post Sean!On this we agree!:thumbsup:

On 7/21/2018 at 8:33 AM, SuperDave said:

Use both the mayo and butter as makes it more decadent and just so good! An eatery on a golf course nearby makes them this way and they are so tasty!  They put the butter on the side and just pour it in!

Whoa. Butter and mayo!?! That might be too much for even my heart.

6 minutes ago, Strider said:

Whoa. Butter and mayo!?! That might be too much for even my heart.

Don't doubt me as so good.  It's up to you how much to pour!  And if too much for your heart, well at least you'll die happy!

Regarding bbq earlier today, I've been to some good ones.  When a few of us stayed at the former Elvis' Heartbreak Hotel across the street from Memphis we went to an eatery called Marlowe's.  It was quite good but the best thing is by staying at HH you get picked up in a pink cadillac and driven to the joint.  Also been to Rendezvous which has been featured on many food programs on the Travel Channel.  Ribs are to die for!  Had some good bbq in Austin as well.  Best was the beef brisket sandwiches we got in a deli up the hill from the ACL festival.  Maybe the best sandwich I ever had.  Also had some good surprisingly bbq in CT.  It was called Wilson's and quite good.  It closed a couple of years ago but was always busy.  May have been because of high rents.  It was on DDD a few years ago and did not disappoint!

On 7/29/2018 at 3:51 PM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Gonna get ribbed for this, surely! :P 

Ordered take away from McDonald's, last night. The food was fabulous! Yes, it truly was! Don't ask me how!

I ordered:

1 Cheesy rice bowl

2 Chicken strips

1 small plate of fries

1 can of Fanta

Cheesy Rice Bowl? That has to be a regional thing!

I didn't eat at McDonalds for like a decade, fell off the wagon last year when they were giving away Super Mario toys, lol. Double Cheeseburger, Medium Fries, Large Dr. Pepper is my go to order.

On 7/29/2018 at 12:51 PM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Gonna get ribbed for this, surely! :P 

Ordered take away from McDonald's, last night. The food was fabulous! Yes, it truly was! Don't ask me how!

I ordered:

1 Cheesy rice bowl

2 Chicken strips

1 small plate of fries

1 can of Fanta

That's definitely not your standard American McDonald's fare. No cheesy rice bowl here. But no ribbing from me.

The best McDonald's I ever had was the McDonald's in Nürnberg, Germany in the early '80s. This was when globalization was in its infancy and Europe wasn't overrun with McDonald's, Starbucks, 7-11s, Pizza Huts, Burger Kings, KFCs the way they are now. Back then, McDonald's was about the only American thing you would see outside an Army base.

But the McDonald's would be tailored to the regional tastes. So the Nürnberg Mickey Ds had German beer and their pommes frites (french fries) came with mayonnaise and a little pitchfork! 😮

That was my first exposure to the wonderful combination of dipping fries in mayo. Of course, when I went to Belgium I discovered many more flavour combinations for pommes frites.

Edited by Strider

20 hours ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

Cheesy Rice Bowl? That has to be a regional thing!

I didn't eat at McDonalds for like a decade, fell off the wagon last year when they were giving away Super Mario toys, lol. Double Cheeseburger, Medium Fries, Large Dr. Pepper is my go to order.

18 hours ago, Strider said:

That's definitely not your standard American McDonald's fare. No cheesy rice bowl here. But no ribbing from me.

The best McDonald's I ever had was the McDonald's in Nürnberg, Germany in the early '80s. This was when globalization was in its infancy and Europe wasn't overrun with McDonald's, Starbucks, 7-11s, Pizza Huts, Burger Kings, KFCs the way they are now. Back then, McDonald's was about the only American thing you would see outside an Army base.

But the McDonald's would be tailored to the regional tastes. So the Nürnberg Mickey Ds had German beer and their pommes frites (french fries) came with mayonnaise and a little pitchfork! 😮

That was my first exposure to the wonderful combination of dipping fries in mayo. Of course, when I went to Belgium I discovered many more flavour combinations for pommes frites.

You guys are spot on! This cheesy rice bowl is exclusively for McDonald's India. Apart from burgers, the outlets here actually have a good selection. Strider, it is very interesting how these big chain restaurants vary their menus so much by country. Here we have something called a Maharaja Mac! 

image.thumb.png.e5a8eab81abaf92c781cb6a996b431ae.png

Three New Menu Items To Try At McDonald’s EOTF 

veggies and cheese rice bowl veg chicken

Ten years back, if someone said McDonald’s has salads, all eyebrows would have raised in unison. Why on earth would a successful burger chain even consider to think in that direction? But then, the restaurant goers changed or diversified their preferences over the years; soon they started looking for food that was green and wholesome. So as well as the burgers they are known for, McDonald’s began to come up with a lot more options for everyone to try. Let’s dive right in to see what’s new at McDonald’s EOTF that is healthy and different.

Rice Bowls: 

bean and gravy rice bowl veg chicken

If you like rice then you are going to love these. And you will be spoilt for choice. Your options are the veggies and cheese rice and beans and gravy rice. Both come with an add-on option of spicy chicken or plain veg. So it all comes down to just one question- which one will you pick?

Whole Wheat Wraps: 

whaet big spicy paneer wrap

Apart from a fresh and crunchy green salad wrap that debuts on the menu at your nearest EOTF store, you can get the whole array of the existing wraps in whole-wheat tortillas! So you won’t have to choose between what’s yummy and what’s healthy!

Green Salads: 
salad green veggies mcdonalds

Salads were first introduced by McDonald’s in 2005. In India, the launch happened along with EOTF in 2017. The simple, but flavourful and filling salad comes in both chicken and vegetarian options. So go ahead, take your pick from the EOTF exclusive menu items to believe it for yourself.

Read more at: http://mcdonaldsblog.in/2018/02/three-new-menu-items-to-try-at-mcdonalds-eotf/