BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

On 9/16/2018 at 6:30 PM, Strider said:

We call 'em chili-cheese fries.

An order of french fries with chili, cheddar cheese, and chopped red onions on top.

You're eating that and you commented about the lobster roll I had with mayo and drawn butter would give you a heart attack!  And those fries won't?  But, I bet they were delicious!

19 hours ago, SuperDave said:

You're eating that and you commented about the lobster roll I had with mayo and drawn butter would give you a heart attack!  And those fries won't?  But, I bet they were delicious!

Oh they were very delicious. As was the lobster roll with mayo and drawn butter, which I finally tried recently.

We went to a lovely petite Crêperie. I had a Crêpe with Nutella (can't stand Nutella but I like it on a Crêpe).
Mr. LedZed had a Galette (a Crêpe made of buckwheat flour) with salmon and spinach.
20180920_173113.thumb.jpg.e7c255aebec7e6a6ef9dc91549d627c7.jpg

20180920_173131.thumb.jpg.7d89496e3062df9b37b96f2ea804b0f8.jpg

Erdinger and Nutella are a crazy combination but I was so very thursty
20180920_171703.thumb.jpg.064b0ac5f595e43ceaed260002e9d2e5.jpg

7 minutes ago, LedZed66 said:
We went to a lovely petite Crêperie. I had a Crêpe with Nutella (can't stand Nutella but I like it on a Crêpe).
Mr. LedZed had a Galette (a Crêpe made of buckwheat flour) with salmon and spinach.
20180920_173113.thumb.jpg.e7c255aebec7e6a6ef9dc91549d627c7.jpg

20180920_173131.thumb.jpg.7d89496e3062df9b37b96f2ea804b0f8.jpg

Erdinger and Nutella are a crazy combination but I was so very thursty
20180920_171703.thumb.jpg.064b0ac5f595e43ceaed260002e9d2e5.jpg

No it's not crazy at all...it works! Erdinger is one of my go-to biers. Do you go with the regular Hefe or the Kristalklar?

You should try Nutella on French Toast. Mmmm mmm good.

2 minutes ago, Strider said:

No it's not crazy at all...it works! Erdinger is one of my go-to biers. Do you go with the regular Hefe or the Kristalklar?

You should try Nutella on French Toast. Mmmm mmm good.

:drinks:  Hefe but alcohol free - I really love the alcohol free Hefe, and much more than lemonade

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2018 at 3:55 AM, Strider said:

20180921_092723.thumb.jpg.66b94f90a3881bc4d67f75f6e522cef5.jpg

I see man you have dropped a tab?

As it's Friday we have gone all Oceanic:

Dressed Cromer Crab on wild Rocket with a home made Marie Rose sauce

Wild North Atlantic Halibut steak with a Dill Sauce. Baby Carrots and pan fried Leeks

Cheeses and crackers and a glass of white Port

The usual selection of wine both Red and White and some Hash

3 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

I see man you have dropped a tab?

As it's Friday we have gone all Oceanic:

Dressed Cromer Crab on wild Rocket with a home made Marie Rose sauce

Wild North Atlantic Halibut steak with a Dill Sauce. Baby Carrots and pan fried Leeks

Cheeses and crackers and a glass of white Port

The usual selection of wine both Red and White and some Hash

I wish. I could go for a tab right now. Hmmmm....Halibut. I was pondering what to have for my pre-concert dinner tonight and I think you have just provided the answer, chillumpuffer. Grazie.

• 2 weeks later...
Last weekend we invited our friends to our annual moroccan dinner. I love preparing this menue:

- Lamb kofta kebabs (spiced with cinnamon, cumin, almonds, garlic)
- Couscous salad (with raisins, roasted almonds, mint and parsley, tomatoes, onions, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice)
- Fried vegetables: eggplant, peppers, onions, garlic (sounds boring but it's delicous)
- Yogurt mint sauce
- Mixed salad (cucumber, tomatoes, onions, feta cheese (marinated in olive oil and oregano))
- (instant) Falafel

Accompanied by fresh mint tea, Crémant d'Alsace, Côtes du Rhône and Ouzo.

For "dessert" some dates-fig-nuts-rolls - from the supermarket. 

Earlier that day, for afternoon tea (and coffee), I've baked an apple pie:
IMG_9607.thumb.jpg.fd676c8da2ae3d2c9e19a61f1b9b48b2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Today we had the best soul food existing on this planet: homemade chicken soup.
Made from an entire chicken. Not from leftovers, no low-fat, skin-free parts. The whole fat chicken. That's a superfood.

Yesterday we discovered a new Syrian bakery and their pastery looked awesome and it tastes even better than it looked!!!

IMG_9625.thumb.jpg.e06af0c3324fcb970861341810c9bfe9.jpg

1 hour ago, LedZed66 said:
Today we had the best soul food existing on this planet: homemade chicken soup.
Made from an entire chicken. Not from leftovers, no low-fat, skin-free parts. The whole fat chicken. That's a superfood.

Yesterday we discovered a new Syrian bakery and their pastery looked awesome and it tastes even better than it looked!!!

IMG_9625.thumb.jpg.e06af0c3324fcb970861341810c9bfe9.jpg

Yum Yum Led. You Germans love your sweets?

Moroccan Lamb Tagine with a crusty seeded loaf and not that "bottom of the bird cage" shite Couscous for tonight's din. 

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Yum Yum Led. You Germans love your sweets?

Moroccan Lamb Tagine with a crusty seeded loaf and not that "bottom of the bird cage" shite Couscous for tonight's din. 

I eat sweets only when they are worth eating. Like these little artpieces - and I bought some for my colleagues, too. ;)

Is there cinnamon in the Lamb Tagine? I love the combination of cinnamon and lamb in the Maroccan cuisine.

"bottom of the bird cage" shite Couscous? :hysterical:  Very funny but I disagree. Couscous is delicious.

On 11/1/2018 at 8:29 PM, LedZed66 said:

I eat sweets only when they are worth eating. Like these little artpieces - and I bought some for my colleagues, too. ;)

Is there cinnamon in the Lamb Tagine? I love the combination of cinnamon and lamb in the Maroccan cuisine.

"bottom of the bird cage" shite Couscous? :hysterical:  Very funny but I disagree. Couscous is delicious.

Ras el Hanout is my go to spice for the Tagine. It's the best for Moroccan food. Google it and see if you can find it in your local spice store?

Plenty of Cassia Bark (cinnamon if you like), Onions and Garlic, Ginger (fresh or powder), Cumin, Sweet paprika, coriander stems and leaves, Apricots, Tin of Plum Toms, Sweet Potato and Chick Peas. Lamb Stock and cook - for a long time. I use a leg of Lamb though you can use Shoulder. A Beautiful dish for an Autumn dinner. Serve with a robust red. Oh and crusty bread.

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Dinner for this evening:

Liver Pate with sweet Garlic. Melba Toast

Beautifully aged, with wonderful marbelling Rib Eye Steak. Au Poivre Sauce. Garlic Roasties and Pea Puree.

A selection of cheeses with chutney

Wines from Spain - well, red mainly

Green for laughs.

Sounds terrific! Enjoy brotha! ✌🏼