BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

A Lamb Bhuna which I made on Friday. Mrs CP is playing golf so it's a solo. A Naan bread for dipping.

Note: I will have to microwave the curry as the house still smells of Fenugreek from Friday !! Methi is the true smell of a curry. Add Fennel seeds and curry leaves and then it's out with the smelly candles :D

On 6/21/2019 at 6:28 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Welcome back man. I always thought you were a veggie?

A "beyond burger" is a veggie burger, CP. It's been all the rage for a few years now. Even fast-food joints like Fatburger, Del Taco, and Carl's Jr. offer "beyond burgers" and "beyond tacos". Plant-based. My vegan and veggie pals are in heaven.

Meanwhile, I had a regular burger.

20190621_114748.thumb.jpg.f090b0ea085833c730847100d1a52279.jpg

6 minutes ago, Strider said:

A "beyond burger" is a veggie burger, CP. It's been all the rage for a few years now. Even fast-food joints like Fatburger, Del Taco, and Carl's Jr. offer "beyond burgers" and "beyond tacos". Plant-based. My vegan and veggie pals are in heaven.

Meanwhile, I had a regular burger.

20190621_114748.thumb.jpg.f090b0ea085833c730847100d1a52279.jpg

I see. Unlike that stack !

• 2 weeks later...

It's Saturday and we have chums round for dinner. As usual the CP's have shelled out (literally) a small fortune to impress but we love it and hopefully they will too.

Nibbles in the Garden. Marinated Anchovy filets, Olives, Rye Bread. Wine of the white nature

Fresh Crab. Dressed crab on a bed of wild rocket.  Marie Rose Sauce

Roast lamb Cutlets. This season's Salt Marsh Lamb. Pan fried and Roasted in the oven with tray baked seasoned Vegetables - Courgettes, Garlic, Button Mushrooms, Thinly sliced Potatoes drizzled in Olive Oil. A dressing of home made Mint sauce on top of the Lamb as it roasts. Hearty reds from Italy and Spain

Served with Wilted lemon, butter, garlic Spinach

Fresh Fruit Tartlets and Greek Yogurt.

A selection of cheeses including an Alex James (Bass player with Blur) blue. Crackers, chutneys and White Port.

They are non green tokers but that won't stop us from sparking up a few Doobies.

Pass out then bed. World Cup Cricket final tomorrow as England take on the Kiwi's. 

Sounds fantastic CP!

Sushi for us tonight at my nephew’s favorite, Aji, for his birthday - should be very good...then late night ribeyes and drinksssssss while finishing off the Live Aid celebration in the hot tub.  

Tonight was  a pan fried rib eye (s/p, garlic powder and Montreal seasoning) with drawn butter at finish, oven roasted sliced Idahos, butter head lettuce with homemade balsamic vinaigrette. Accompanied with a nice Cab. A good bottle of Louis Martini to be exact. All so good!

On 7/26/2019 at 8:18 PM, Clinton P. Desveaux said:

I’m trying to go vegan 🌱 but I like chocolate chips in cookies and I love fish - I’m upset with myself that I can’t just do it on command 

There are vegan chocolate chips that are pretty good. My brother and sister-in-law are vegan and I'll ask them for a brand recommendation.

Nashville Hot Chicken has been the rage the past few years in L.A. Yet another place opened in Hollywood recently...this one called Angry Birdz. Your mouth is basically on fire the whole time. I didn't even get the hottest level...I got about two steps down from the highest heat level.

20190725_161344.thumb.jpg.72fc880344ac4377c9aa6fa97af83bf6.jpg