BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

this could go in the Happy thread but i just discovered Cadburys new slab bar 'with Oreo', i haven't tried it yet os maybe i shouldnt have posted here but it looks really nice, i ahvent opened it yet becuse if i do i will probalby eat it all which will piss everyone else off, then again if i eat it all they wont know will they.

no no you dont understand FITR, i wouldn't be able to stop after a few squares, i will prbobly report back around 4pm when my kids get home

Just had two small baked potatoes with some left over curry from alst night, also a slice of cheese & chive cheese and a slice of salami.

Why was it "inauthentic"? I always add Kidney Beans. Do you lot not have KB's in your Chilli?

Traditional Texas chili doesn't have beans but I love beans in my chili. I made it with cubed beef instead of ground. Chili is taken very seriously here and adding beans is a huge no-no... For whatever reason. Don't know.

Traditional Texas chili doesn't have beans but I love beans in my chili. I made it with cubed beef instead of ground. Chili is taken very seriously here and adding beans is a huge no-no... For whatever reason. Don't know.

Interesting TM. I found this on wiki

Texas-style chili may or may not contain beans and may even be made with no other vegetables whatsoever besides chili peppers.[6] President Lyndon B. Johnson's favorite chili recipe became known as "Pedernales River chili" after the location of his Texas Hill Country ranch. It calls for eliminating the traditional beef suet (on Johnson's doctor's orders, after Johnson suffered a heart attack while he was Senate Majority Leader) and adds tomatoes and onions. Johnson preferred venison, when available, to beef, as Hill Country deer are leaner than most beef.[7] Lady Bird Johnson, the First Lady, had the recipe printed on cards to be mailed out because of the many thousands of requests the White House received for it.[8]

In some areas, versions with beans are referred to as "chili beans" while the term "chili" is reserved for the all-meat dish. Small red beans are commonly used for chili, as are black-eyed peas, kidney beans, great northern beans, or navy beans. Chili bean can refer to a small red variety of common bean also known as the pink bean. The name may have arisen from that bean's resemblance to small chili peppers, or it may be a reference to that bean's inclusion in chili recipes.

Most commercially prepared canned chili includes beans. Commercial chili prepared without beans is usually called "chili no beans" in the United States. Some U.S. manufacturers, notably Bush Brothers and Company and Eden Organic, also sell canned precooked beans (with no meat) that are labeled "chili beans"; these beans are intended for consumers to add to a chili recipe and are often sold with spices added. “Chili beans” are not a “type” of bean per se, but rather a bean in sauce that has been pre-prepared for chili. This bean is commonly: pinto, red, or red kidney. “Chili Beans” are always canned and sold by many companies. They usually come in either “mild”, “medium”, or “hot”. They all are in a tomato sauce and usually have onions, garlic and salt added. The “mild” is beans and sauce without any added heat. Red beans are darker in color (as is the red kidney bean) but is smaller than the kidney bean. The pinto bean is lighter in color and is typically used for refried beans, but it, and dozens of others, will work well for scratch chili. Evidence suggests that there is nothing inauthentic about the inclusion of beans.[9] The Chili Appreciation Society International specified in 1999 that, among other things, cooks are forbidden to include beans, marinate any meats, or discharge firearms in the preparation of chili for official competition.[10]

Not a meal, but I'm consuming aniseed balls at the moment. They're quite hard to to find these days. I was in one of those old fashioned sweet shops on Sunday and bought a couple of bags.

eeeemmmmmm not had one for years. They go on forever and are rated highly on the sucking scale. I am a licorice torpedo man myself

yes a soft bread with a slightly crusty exterior. Ever so tasty. There are many types of granary rolls and in the UK we have various names for such dainties depending where you live. We have:

Barm cakes

Baps

Rolls

Subs

Oven Bottom Muffins ( Very popular up north and perfect for a burger)

Tea Cakes

Flowery Baps

Finger Rolls ( these are for hot dogs)

Then of course there are oat cakes, potato cakes and the very oddly named Pikelet

I am sure there are more but it's making me peckish and I may have to get a Flapjack?

Edited by chillumpuffer

so i just tried a few squares of the Cadburys Oreo choccy, well 16 actually and i am happy to confirm that it is awesome, you cant really taste the Oreo stuff like a real Oreo but its very nice, maybe the recent Yank takeover wasnt the total disaster we all expected it to be. Just bought 2 more bars.

yes a soft bread with a slightly crusty exterior. Ever so tasty. There are many types of granary rolls and in the UK we have various names for such dainties depending where you live. We have:

Barm cakes

Baps

Rolls

Subs

Oven Bottom Muffins ( Very popular up north and perfect for a burger)

Tea Cakes

Flowery Baps

Finger Rolls ( these are for hot dogs)

Then of course there are oat cakes, potato cakes and the very oddly named Pikelet

I am sure there are more but it's making me peckish and I may have to get a Flapjack?

you forgot cobs, even i had to ask what the fuck they were when i moved here. Just a roll basically, they are weird in the Midlands

so i just tried a few squares of the Cadburys Oreo choccy, well 16 actually and i am happy to confirm that it is awesome, you cant really taste the Oreo stuff like a real Oreo but its very nice, maybe the recent Yank takeover wasnt the total disaster we all expected it to be. Just bought 2 more bars.

Thanks for the review of the choc, will look out for it..

Seabrooks ..Sea salted crisps...