BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

We tried Thai Green Curry again last night just to see what all the fuss is about and it was awesome, there was some chicken in there but mainly it was langoustines, i picked up about 15 of them reduced from £9 to 90p, beautiful little sea monsters they were too, i had forgotten they are more like crab or mini-lobster than boring old prawns. Amazing meal, might be trying more of this Thai stuff now or i hope so anyway

^^^ Yummy! Strider, you always post these tasty dishes and recipes too. I think you could easily take on a second career as a Master Chef. :) Missy

Thank you Missy, but no thanks. I worked briefly in a restaurant and it's not for me. Hours are too long and it's too stressful.

I cook to relax and because I enjoy it...it calms me. When I worked at the restaurant it became a job and a mental drain.

So, I'll just stick to cooking for me and my friends. No restaurant dreams for me.

Yesterday's xmas party meal was very nice. Beef bourguignon with dauphinois potatoes. Sadly a total lack of veg, I don't understand why (all the options were served with no discernible veg content, unless you count onions and sprinklings of fresh herbs). But although I didn't say so, it wasn't as impressive as my version. My main quibbles were the tiny pea-sized shallots, if that's what they were, but mainly the fact that the mushrooms & onions didn't taste like they had been pre-fried in brandy & butter before insertion into the pot. Unforgivable.

The starter was a tapas-like affair, featuring salami & prosciutto salad, chorizo, meatballs in a nice sauce and, top of the bill, Dutch 'croquetta', which were similar to normal croquette potatoes, but had chopped chicken, cheese and very sloppy mash inside. Simply divine!

mainly the fact that the mushrooms & onions didn't taste like they had been pre-fried in brandy & butter before insertion into the pot. Unforgivable.

:o

The starter was a tapas-like affair, featuring salami & prosciutto salad, chorizo, meatballs in a nice sauce and, top of the bill, Dutch 'croquetta', which were similar to normal croquette potatoes, but had chopped chicken, cheese and very sloppy mash inside. Simply divine!

Like the ones you get in a Febo in Amsterdam???

Really.

I had the chance in my 30s, for a mate's stag weekend, but my ex wife wouldn't let me go because she thought I'd be tempted by 'certain other goods', lol. And to be fair, at that stage in our relationship, I probably would.

My current wife seems to be on a bit of a Thai discovery mission at the moment so we had Chicken Tom Yum last night (edit, with coconut rice) which was quite nice. I'm beginning to see the attraction of Thai food. What else should we try, CP?

Edited by Old Shep