BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

Also, New Year's Eve we had a few friends over and I grilled some ribeye steaks and shrimp.

The grilled shrimp I was especially proud of, they turned out so well.

A little of the back-story -

around the 20th of December, our next-door neighbor invited us to grab things from his garden, and I immediately spied a small bush chock-full of jalapeno peppers, so I grabbed about 6.

Some were green, orange and even red.

post-4573-0-13894200-1357438093_thumb.jp

I got the idea that they would be awesome if they could be pickled sweet, like the sweet salad rings in the store.

So I bought a jar, dipped some out to make room, and sliced up my jalapenos.

It worked great!

post-4573-0-78285000-1357438100_thumb.jp

So by New Year's Eve, they had been pickling for over a week and a half, and they tasted great.

After finishing the steaks, I put the shrimp on the grill (on foil) and seasoned them similar to the steak (garlic, black pepper and a little salt).

I figured this was the time to try my pickled jalapenos.

I spread them around, and poured a lot of the juice on for them to simmer in.

I saw some soy sauce in the cabinet, so I added a liberal amount of that as well.

Then my real inspiration hit -

I had bought some chunked pineapple for mixing in frozen daquiris, so I threw some in with the shrimp along with some of the pineapple juice.

OH. EM. GEE.

They were a little spicy, but not enough to put anyone off.

My wife doesn't care for anything spicy, and she loved them.

I topped each steak with a half-dozen or so of the sweet jalapeno shrimp.

It was an absolute mouthgasm!

post-4573-0-78791600-1357438084_thumb.jp

For my shoulder. Legit usage.

Buy-Tramadol-HCl-50-mg-1000-Capsules-Buy-Tramadol-HCl-Online-1_1.jpg

Closest I ever came to withdrawals.

Took them for 2 or 3 weeks for some kidney pain.

Stopped taking them and felt incredibly miserable for about a day and a half.

Realize now I should have taken a partial one to ease the symptoms, but it had me pretty scared at the time and I was convinced I shouldn't take any more.

And it's odd, because I'm usually quite a fan of painkillers.

Tramadol is the only one that gave me problems.

Closest I ever came to withdrawals.

Took them for 2 or 3 weeks for some kidney pain.

Stopped taking them and felt incredibly miserable for about a day and a half.

Realize now I should have taken a partial one to ease the symptoms, but it had me pretty scared at the time and I was convinced I shouldn't take any more.

And it's odd, because I'm usually quite a fan of painkillers.

Tramadol is the only one that gave me problems.

Wow, I haven't seen 'Ultram' used in years here in the US.

They were prescribed to me 5 years ago when I left hospital after an op. They warned me to be careful with them, and since I have highly addictive tendencies, I decided to take half the recommended dose while I recuperated. Consequently, when I was better, I ended up with a stash of about 60 of the little beauts.

Since then, I have given some away to a friend who broke two ribs and was prescribed useless meds for it... I've also dipped into them for occasional painful conditions (like my current shoulder problem), but mostly they have been consumed for recreational purposes. And despite their age, they remain most efficacious, on both counts :thumbsup:

Sadly, I only have 6 left. But when these run out, I have about 50 'co-dydramols'. 500/20s, I think. Not sure what the recommended recreational dose is. Unless someone advises to the contrary, I think I'll kick things off with two...?

I'm just about to try a Tesco's Finest tub of Bolognese Ragu, bought cheap yesterday. With orzo pasta.

The ingredients list is interesting - includes pancetta and chicken liver. Hopefully the liver will be unnoticeable, because I don't like liver, not at all. In fact, I'm beginning to wish I hadn't read the ingredients...