BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

Same here, growing up in the Dominion you would seldom see fat people. In fact being fat was something to be embarrassed about and corrected - not something to celebrate. If you were fat growing up in the 70’s it was because you were a social misfit who had friendship issues.

Growing up in the 70’s, people in the colony would think of it as an America problem. I think little elephants began walking among us in significant numbers perhaps 20 years ago in my neck of the woods. People were not being active, began eating lots of corn syrup, and loading up on soda, and the of course the fast food is enough to make me throw up. The lines of people standing at MacDonald's and Pizza Joints are like cattle being led to the slaughter. I generally feel bad for them because they are taking the one life they have been given and are throwing it away.

I tend to agree with you CJW. Although it is each to their own. If you like a burger from time to time then fair play. I myself enjoy a burger on the barbie from time to time, horse free of course. But we do buy them from a trusted sourse or make them ourselves. Anyway I prefer sardines on the barbie

But it is no coincedence that of all the programmes that are about people with weight issues it is generally because they eat too much (of the wrong thing i.e. high salt and sugar foods and saturated fats) and don't excercise. I am no nutritionist but a bet if you said your diet consisted of fast food and sodas then it would be fair to say they would ask you to stop. Think Supersize me?

Don't worry, CP, I wasn't implying you were a vegan or vegetarian. Like me, I know you like meat, chicken, pizza and burgers. But I also could tell that you at least prepare your food fresh and don't just gorge yourself at the local Pizza Slut and McShit.

Having the odd burger freshly made won't kill you...endless Big Macs and Whoppers will.

By the way, you're getting the wrong idea about my bacon brownies, I think...everyone who has tried them has sworn devotion to them. I'll address it another time over in the Super Bowl food thread.

Last night, I made a batch of ginger-carrot-red pepper soup for dinner.

Breakfast today was one banana and one orange and two glasses of tomato juice.

One fresh moose burger from the Highlands of Cape Breton with the following mixed in it: basil, parsley, and fresh garlic. Some red onion bits were thrown on top with plum tomato slices and the Mrs. made her very own Lao chilli pepper sauce which was placed on top of the gluten free bun. And a couple of glasses of water! It was very good.

Same here, growing up in the Dominion you would seldom see fat people. In fact being fat was something to be embarrassed about and corrected - not something to celebrate. If you were fat growing up in the 70’s it was because you were a social misfit who had friendship issues.

Growing up in the 70’s, people in the colony would think of it as an America problem. I think little elephants began walking among us in significant numbers perhaps 20 years ago in my neck of the woods. People were not being active, began eating lots of corn syrup, and loading up on soda, and the of course the fast food is enough to make me throw up. The lines of people standing at MacDonald's and Pizza Joints are like cattle being led to the slaughter. I generally feel bad for them because they are taking the one life they have been given and are throwing it away.

I think you exported all the fat people to the Former colonies. Thanks for sending John Candy. You can take Skinny Ass martin Short back.

Prawn Malaysian soup with noodles.

We went to the Asian food store in town over the weekend and they were having a Malaysian food show on. I picked up a couple of curry pastes and made thIs one last evening. It was dead tasty - but. On looking at the ingredients it contained MSG and I don't mean the Garden :o

Why does this ghastly flavour enhancer have to be added? The Chicken Randang paste dosen't have it though and I will be doing that next week.

I had the usual for brekkie and no lunch today as I will be stuffing my gills at Old Trafford this evening :D

Prawn Malaysian soup with noodles.

We went to the Asian food store in town over the weekend and they were having a Malaysian food show on. I picked up a couple of curry pastes and made thIs one last evening. It was dead tasty - but. On looking at the ingredients it contained MSG and I don't mean the Garden :o

Why does this ghastly flavour enhancer have to be added? The Chicken Randang paste dosen't have it though and I will be doing that next week.

I had the usual for brekkie and no lunch today as I will be stuffing my gills at Old Trafford this evening :D

Mrs CP has not got to get her own Tea this evening has she, while you are off out Stuffing your Gills.. Have a great time...

Crumpets with Dairylea for my 3 o'clock snack

Thanks Fool I will. Yes Mrs CP mentioned to me this morning, as I will be fine dining and wineing at The Theatre Of Dreams, she will have a M&S meal for one. She also told me not to forget my key and maybe turning left at the top of the stairs into the guest room might be a good idea, should I have had too much Vin Rouge :lol:

Loving the crumpets for a 3 o'clock snack. Warbies?

Thanks Fool I will. Yes Mrs CP mentioned to me this morning, as I will be fine dining and wineing at The Theatre Of Dreams, she will have a M&S meal for one. She also told me not to forget my key and maybe turning left at the top of the stairs into the guest room might be a good idea, should I have had too much Vin Rouge :lol:

Loving the crumpets for a 3 o'clock snack. Warbies?

Oh yes got to be Warbies..

Poor Mrs CP got to have a sub standard Meal this evening... Still at least she will get the Whole bottle of wine if she wants it

Hope your not to cold and lonley in the spare room, have you got 1 of these..

248535-1_5-Litre-Hot-Water-Bottle-3.jpg

Dinner tonight Haddock with new spuds & peas

Breakfast: Bowl of fresh fruit(melon and berries and bananas) and granola. Tomato juice with slice of lemon.

Lunch: Lamb French Dip sandwich with a dab of extra-hot mustard at Philippe's, the creator of the French Dip sandwich. Two pickled eggs in beet juice and a kosher dill pickle on the side. Iced tea and lemon.

Going to get some real Baltimore style crab cakes tonight. Going to get the Ed Block Courage cake 10 oz of pure heaven.

A Crab Cake worthy of a Pro Football Player's appetite. A portion of the proceeds benefit the Ed Block Courage Award Foundation. Join Pappas and the Ed Block Courage Award Foundation in helping to block child abuse, the best block, the winning block.

o0598044812375973098.jpg