BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

Prime rib, brushed with dijon mustard mixed with horseradish and coated with kosher salt, crushed black pepper, garlic powder and thyme. Accompanied by twice baked potatoes, au jus sauce and hearts of romaine salad. House smells amazing! 

8 hours ago, Walter said:

Prime rib, brushed with dijon mustard mixed with horseradish and coated with kosher salt, crushed black pepper, garlic powder and thyme. Accompanied by twice baked potatoes, au jus sauce and hearts of romaine salad. House smells amazing! 

Sounds fantastic man. We very rarely eat Beef especially a rib. I do mention to Mrs CP I would love to do a rib of beef, but as there is only 2 of us it's difficult cut to do. May try one next weekend?

On 4/19/2020 at 4:56 PM, Walter said:

You're making my mouth water. And reminding me I need to go shopping. I'm down to making skillet potatoes, peppers, onions, and sausage. Or spaghetti with peanut butter. And the Easter ham leftovers are gone.

I didn't feel like cooking tonight so I stopped by Popeye's Chicken and got some spicy chicken sandwiches, red beans & rice, and greens. Usually, Popeye's has a hard time keeping their chicken sandwiches in stock but I guess they're plentiful with the slowdown now.

35 minutes ago, Strider said:

I didn't feel like cooking tonight so I stopped by Popeye's Chicken and got some spicy chicken sandwiches, red beans & rice, and greens. Usually, Popeye's has a hard time keeping their chicken sandwiches in stock but I guess they're plentiful with the slowdown now.

Paul would be proud!

Cooked up some thick pork chops and grabbed the buy one take one home dinners from Olive Garden. Gonna make three meals out of it for the three of us with salad, cheese ravioli and fettuccine Alfredo, etc.  Stretching the meals out is where it’s at.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Beef Rendang. Slow cooked and spicy Malay/Indonesian classic. Chapatis to dip. Gonna make enough for 6 so we can relive another couple of times. A dressed crab at the bar with drinks and loads of herb.

Nice! :thumbsup: 

Ordering some takeout teppanyaki tonight. 🥢 

Roast Topside of Beef. @Walter I tried to buy a Rib but it was £40 !!! I will dust the joint with English Mustard powder and salt. I have put a sweet potato in the tin to act like a Trivett. Roast and serve with a red wine gravy made with roasted onion, the potato, Bay Leaf, Redcurrant Jelly and stock. Yorkshire Pudding and Purple Sprouting Broccoli to finish the plate. A bottle of Rioja will go splendidly with it.

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Roast Topside of Beef. @Walter I tried to buy a Rib but it was £40 !!! I will dust the joint with English Mustard powder and salt. I have put a sweet potato in the tin to act like a Trivett. Roast and serve with a red wine gravy made with roasted onion, the potato, Bay Leaf, Redcurrant Jelly and stock. Yorkshire Pudding and Purple Sprouting Broccoli to finish the plate. A bottle of Rioja will go splendidly with it.

Nice!! Meat over here is getting more expensive by the day too. I still have an 8 lb rib roast in the freezer. It was $6.99/lb when I bought it. Not anymore....enjoy!

So dinner this evening I have gone a bit stuffed so I have prepared:

Wild Alaskan Smoked Sockeye Salmon, Stuffed with cream cheese on Wild Rocket. Spiced Apple Chutney

Stuffed Chicken Ballotine. Chicken Breast stuffed with Blue Harrogate Cheese wrapped in Prosciutto. Served with a Cream Tarragon Sauce, English Asparagus and Jersey Royal New Potatoes

Sicilian Lemon Tart and Cream ( I bought this)

2016 Chatel - Buis Montagney White Burgandy. 

A Gustalas Red Rioja 2015

A few smokes of Pineapple Express.

Hey chillumpuffer (and other India aficionados)! I was watching a documentary on the legendary German producer Conny Plank and during the closing credits they include Conny's wife Christa's recipe for Indian Apple soup. How does it look to you?

20200425_201820.thumb.jpg.251e6497eeeec334a6fd4465215a9311.jpg

On 5/28/2020 at 6:44 PM, Strider said:

Hey chillumpuffer (and other India aficionados)! I was watching a documentary on the legendary German producer Conny Plank and during the closing credits they include Conny's wife Christa's recipe for Indian Apple soup. How does it look to you?

20200425_201820.thumb.jpg.251e6497eeeec334a6fd4465215a9311.jpg

I never, ever bother with a recipe that asks for "Curry Powder" and what is "curcuma"??

This evening is a Kashmiri Chicken Curry with Dhal Makhani on the side. Naan Breads.

Went to a restaurant for the first time in 90 days. Everyone was seated more than six feet apart and it was good to see the familiar faces working again. The Pantry is a 24/7 diner that never closed, not even for earthquakes and riots, until the coronavirus lockdown. So it was weird to go by daily and see it shuttered and the lights off. Even now with this limited reopening, it's on short hours...7am to 7pm.

20200609_081511.thumb.jpg.814435841b1b8d215fb9fc994ba3b463.jpg