BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

I have half-ton,maybe bring the rest down to Fire House #2

You're a good guy, KB. My hubby worked Thanksgiving and Christmas this year, second year in a row. It's people like you who remember them that make it rewarding.

If I may, thank you on their behalf.

After ringing in the New Year with a few rounds of champagne and cocktails at the Frolic Room and Tiki Ti bars, around 2am this morning I headed to the Original Pantry to soak up some of that alcohol with my first meal of 2014: steak & eggs, hash browns and toast and coffee. The line to get in was ridiculous.

post-1470-0-80427200-1388642582_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-30894500-1388643147_thumb.jp

Welcoming the first daybreak of 2014 with the last of the Moët & Chandon.

post-1470-0-07535400-1388643461_thumb.jp

After swimming and a little siesta in the sun, I needed something fresh and healthy...a burrata, nectarine, and arugula salad and orange-beet juice, dining al fresco at the Malibu Farm at the end of the Malibu Pier.

post-1470-0-16475100-1388643947_thumb.jp

Chetinad Chicken Curry. A very spicy hot bowl of eastern promise. We have added a sweet potato to off set the ring burning spices. A few Rotis to mop up the river of molten lava which is the masala.

No wine to go with this as it will make any grape variety completely redundant. But a couple of glasses before and some Denver's finest to stoke up an appetite.

Our New Year's Eve throwdown.

Found a nice deal on some shrimp and filet, and at the last minute decided grilled skewers was the way to go.
It was a good decision.

post-4573-0-04321200-1388693544_thumb.jp

$11.75 off of $35 worth of beef filet?
Yes, please!

post-4573-0-24911000-1388693556_thumb.jp

Cubed up and ready to go!

post-4573-0-62033200-1388693568_thumb.jp

Purty!

post-4573-0-24368700-1388693577_thumb.jp

All seasoned up and ready for the grill!

post-4573-0-26892100-1388693589_thumb.jp

And a nice fire to keep us warm while we ate!

post-4573-0-16797800-1388693601_thumb.jp

^^^

Bundled up safe and warm, I hope?

Had a fabulous wine over the holidays that I think some of you would like. It goes well with lamb, duck and roasted birds...so, CP, since I know you enjoy the odd duck and lamb as well as I, you should look to stock this splendid Spanish red in your cellar: 2010 Venus la Universal Dido Montsant Tinto.

o0800060012692736615.jpg

Thanks for the tip Sean. Would go excellently with my Shepherds Pie this evening. Have Googled it but can't find an outlet for this Catalonian Vino in the UK. Maybe when we visit Barcelona next we should check it out. I have had a couple of Priorat wines, which borders Montsant from where this wine comes from, and they have been generally good.

As it's cold and grey outside Mrs CP has decided to bring a touch of Valencia to the house. A Paella

Oh Joy. She makes the best Paella outside of The White Coast. Fresh seafood - Prawns, Squid, mussels and some Fat King Prawns for the top. A Chorizo and chicken pieces are added for flavour and it is finished with beautiful Saffron and Bomba Rice.

I will do some simple pan fried Prawns, seasoned with Salt & Pepper, and Patatas Bravas with a spicy dip will complete our Mediterranean feast.

A fruit salad and Greek Yoghurt for afters

Of course Rioja will be the wine of choice.

^^^

Sounds yummy planted! Bon appétit.

Sorry big man: Beef brisket this evening with roast pots and sprouts. Scallops: Got seriously sick after eating them once so I avoid them.

So goat is Paul's bête noire and scallops are yours? ;)

Tonight I grilled out some ground sirloin burgers with sautéed mushrooms topped with slices of thick Swiss cheese. Yummy! If grilling out, while wearing shorts and watching the NFL playoffs, in the month of January is wrong - I don't want to be right! :lol:

Edited by Walter