BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

3 hours ago, Strider said:

See, one of the benefits of meeting Dd is that I now have the pleasure of hearing her lovely Gulf Coast accent in my head when I read her posts.

What a nice thing to say, Strider!  And ditto back.  It's great to put a face with a name, and a voice behind the words.  Indeed. 

:friends: 

On 9/24/2016 at 9:41 AM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

It's been a while since I last feasted on some good old fashioned Indian Namkeen! :D 

Haldiram's is my ultimate go-to brand for Namkeen. This brand has been around since 1937. The quality of the Namkeen and the flavours are simply stunning! 

IMG_1354.JPG

I hear your voice, too, in my head. :D

Dd, have you used any of those special spices yet?

Dinner tonight...Almond-crusted salmon. Asparagus with sea salt and drawn butter. Polenta. 2014 Gris Imperial Rosé.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Dd, have you used any of those special spices yet?

Errr, no, I almost forgot about them!  Tomorrow, I will use the sugar in my coffee and think I'll use the spice on grilled pork ribs. :) 

Guess what?  When passing the Royal Orleans hotel last weekend, I spotted a spice store.  It was closed on Sunday but I looked it up online and it looks very similar to Spice Station.  Can't wait to check it out soon!

17 minutes ago, Ddladner said:

I agree, ebk.  I want to see pics! :) 

Pancakes...yum!  Brings back so many wonderful memories.  Plus they taste so good! 

Mr ebk makes wonderful pancakes.  We used to have them every weekend, but as we were making a half-hearted attempt to eat better, we haven't had them in a while.  However, we've realized that life is short.  You may as well eat what you like!   Or, we've given up.  Whichever one works better :D 

Dd, every city should have a Spice Station or some equivalent.

I was just talking to a friend this morning and guess what? She is eating pancakes this morning too!

Alas, I abstained from joining the pancake celebration. Breakfast was yogurt with pumpkin granola and pomegranate seeds. Orange juice and water.

Maybe tomorrow I will indulge in some pancakes...or french toast. :drool:

Edited by Strider

32 minutes ago, ebk said:

Mr ebk makes wonderful pancakes.  We used to have them every weekend, but as we were making a half-hearted attempt to eat better, we haven't had them in a while.  However, we've realized that life is short.  You may as well eat what you like!   Or, we've given up.  Whichever one works better :D 

Amen, amen!! I totally agree and have had the same experience of pancakes every weekend while my kids were growing up and then pancake strike until just recently.  Life is much too short to live without pancakes.  I use yogurt in the batter, add fresh blueberries and a few mini chocolate chips, and life is good.

Strider, I include French toast on the list of things life is too short to live without. ;) 

On 10/1/2016 at 10:54 AM, Ddladner said:

Strider, I include French toast on the list of things life is too short to live without. ;) 

I love the way you think, Dd.

Viva French Toast Friday!

Brioche french toast with strawberries, creme, maple syrup. Rash of bacon. Coffee. Water.

20161007_082305.jpg