BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

4 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Early rising today as we have workmen in the house. A dippy egg and wholemeal soldiers, OJ, toast and marmalade

Had to crawl out from under my southern rock to google dippy egg and soldiers. ;)  Sounds yummy!  My similar (yet different) version would be toad in a hole.

3 hours ago, Ddladner said:

Had to crawl out from under my southern rock to google dippy egg and soldiers. ;)  Sounds yummy!  My similar (yet different) version would be toad in a hole.

Toad DD? Not sure what to make of that? Let me explain......

Dippy egg and soldiers = Soft boiled egg with toast cut into strips which are then dunked into runny yolk

Toad in the Hole = Sausages which are cooked ( fried or baked) then when the oil is seriously hot, Yorkshire pudding batter is added to cover the sausage. This is then baked in the oven. We often have this with kale and onion gravy.

Tonight is butter chicken. Nan bread. 

Rich and spicy, this chook dish is Mrs CP's all time fav. I have marinated chicken in yogurt and cream and added spices (cumin, Kashmiri chilli, Turmeric and Garam Masala)  and lime juice. I will then make a sauce with ginger, garlic, loads of spices, tomato passata and a blend of cashew nut, pumpkin seeds and coconut. Tikka the chicken so it's slightly charred under the grill then add to the sauce. Finish with Cream and fresh coriander. 

Pistachio and raspberry cheesecake to finish.

Wine and some greenery and tunes a plenty. With autumn arriving the wood burner is now lit and we share joints and relax with the warm glow of the burner. Grand !!

^^^ Ha! I had no idea there would be two dishes with the same strange name of toad in a hole.  Here is a pic of the 'other' version.  Learned how to make this in Home Ec many moons ago.  Simple but oh so good.  If you cook it with a runny yolk, I thought it might taste similar to the dippy egg.  Btw, dippy sounds very trippy.  And groovy. :) 

image.jpeg

And, as always, your meal sounds delicious!  I love how mealtime at your house is always a special celebration.  Just as it should be.

:peace:

1 hour ago, Ddladner said:

^^^ Ha! I had no idea there would be two dishes with the same strange name of toad in a hole.  Here is a pic of the 'other' version.  Learned how to make this in Home Ec many moons ago.  Simple but oh so good.  If you cook it with a runny yolk, I thought it might taste similar to the dippy egg.  Btw, dippy sounds very trippy.  And groovy. :) 

image.jpeg

And, as always, your meal sounds delicious!  I love how mealtime at your house is always a special celebration.  Just as it should be.

:peace:

What an interesting breakfast that is DD? Like fried bread with an egg in the middle? Dippy egg and the accompanying soldiers is a traditional English classic for breakkie

Our motto: Live to eat not eat to live. Food is one of life's  pleasures, along with wine, and we take our meals very seriously. Everything cooked from fresh and we like to have a balanced diet without the need to watch what we eat. Of course there are times when a Pizza Marinara hits the spot, but as a rule the kitchen is the busiest room in the house.

Anyway i must now attach the pinny and get cracking on the curry. eeemmmm a glass of red I think! Enjoy your day and evening DD :drinks:

I went out for breakfast this morning with a couple of my imaginary friends.  Had my fave - eggs over easy with corned beef hash, hash browns and a toasted english muffin.  And lots of coffee.  Good food, great company!

cp, I love reading about your dinners.  Someday, I'd love to drop in and eat (and drink)!!

8 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

What an interesting breakfast that is DD? Like fried bread with an egg in the middle? Dippy egg and the accompanying soldiers is a traditional English classic for breakkie

Our motto: Live to eat not eat to live. Food is one of life's  pleasures, along with wine, and we take our meals very seriously. Everything cooked from fresh and we like to have a balanced diet without the need to watch what we eat. Of course there are times when a Pizza Marinara hits the spot, but as a rule the kitchen is the busiest room in the house.

Anyway i must now attach the pinny and get cracking on the curry. eeemmmm a glass of red I think! Enjoy your day and evening DD :drinks:

Thanks, cp, great motto! :yesnod:

And I agree with ebk.  Guard your address, or me and ebk just might make a surprise visit one day.  Around supper time. We'll bring the red.  ;) 

Well, this post is about something that I already ate, last night. 

Two slices of a good old Vegorama pizza, courtesy of Dominos! My real love is a pizza called The Godfather but I had to compromise as my mom is a vegetarian. 

Yeah, yeah! I eat at Dominos, about once or twice a year! I also eat at McDonald's, once a year! What can I say? Their cheese burger is absolutely delightful and sinful! I go there about once a year (around Christmas time) just to get my fill! 

Let the ribbing begin! :tomato:Oh the shame of it! :P 

Vegorama

72455746.jpg

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

On 16/10/2016 at 9:58 AM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Well, this post is about something that I already ate, last night. 

Two slices of a good old Vegorama pizza, courtesy of Dominos! My real love is a pizza called The Godfather but I had to compromise as my mom is a vegetarian. 

Yeah, yeah! I eat at Dominos, about once or twice a year! I also eat at McDonald's, once a year! What can I say? Their cheese burger is absolutely delightful and sinful! I go there about once a year (around Christmas time) just to get my fill! 

Let the ribbing begin! :tomato:Oh the shame of it! :P 

Vegorama

72455746.jpg

I can count on one hand the times I have subjected my taste buds to this rubbish. Twice in Malaysia as I was surely tired of eating rice and curry and spicy. I was taken there by a fellow traveller and it was a change at best

Then once only in the UK. It was the most insipid, bland and frankly offensive burger I have ever eaten, and I like a burger. I always wondered why the trade descriptions agency don't charge Mcshite for their adverts. A picture of a stacked burger, oozing meat and that "slaw" (is it?) and crisp fries. That's not what I got. A soggy sweet bun and a slither of horse in the middle with some potato starch, deep fried ,served as chips.

Now a Pizza I can eat - hey I'm a stoner !! Must be thin thin thin. Not the stuffed, cloggy crusts that are so loved by the fatties. Every now and then we get a plain cheese and tommy. Then heap prawns, tuna and anchovies on top. Add a few olives and bingo - real stoners food.

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Now a Pizza I can eat - hey I'm a stoner !! Must be thin thin thin. Not the stuffed, cloggy crusts that are so loved by the fatties. Every now and then we get a plain cheese and tommy. Then heap prawns, tuna and anchovies on top. Add a few olives and bingo - real stoners food.

You're right about those thin crust pizzas. I can't stand the 'hand tossed' crust shit, full of flour! Sometimes, the crust is even stuffed with cheese! :wacko: Yuck! Eating such thick crusted pizzas is a punishment in itself! Luckily, there's a nice wheat thin crust option that I like to avail of, on the few occasions when I actually place an order! :) 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87
punctuation

Always reminds me of a classic Furry Freaks Brothers snippet:

A hippy stoner is at the police station, in the cell. Cop says to him " you can have one phone call"

The next caption is of a Pizza delivery driver, pizza box in hand. :D

Edited by chillumpuffer

8 hours ago, Strider said:

It is 100° out so I am taking a page from the CJW diet.

A bowl of Amazon acai, guarana, almond granola, strawberries, bananas, coconut flakes. Lots of glasses of cucumber-lemon water.20161020_151329.jpg

Page 37 of the book I see. An interesting chapter that one. "Just how many things you can't find in your local shop on a plate" Amazon Acai - What the dickens is that? And lord help us if I went into my local and asked for " Guarana" - the reply would be " is that what Bats shit"

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Page 37 of the book I see. An interesting chapter that one. "Just how many things you can't find in your local shop on a plate" Amazon Acai - What the dickens is that? And lord help us if I went into my local and asked for " Guarana" - the reply would be " is that what Bats shit"

Laugh all you want, but I bet your local will be carrying it soon, if it isn't already.

http://www.sambazon.com/the-delicious-powers-of-acai/

7 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Sean. Believe me when I tell you my local store just about sells coconut milk.

Well...that's a start. ;)

Here's a way to have your french toast and cereal at the same time. After dipping the bread in the egg mixture, place in a plastic bag of the crushed cereal of your choice and shake until coated. Then place on the griddle.

Cornflake-encrusted french toast. Rash of bacon. Pot of Earl Grey tea. Water. TGIF!

20161021_085318.jpg

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Well...that's a start. ;)

Here's a way to have your french toast and cereal at the same time. After dipping the bread in the egg mixture, place in a plastic bag of the crushed cereal of your choice and shake until coated. Then place on the griddle.

Cornflake-encrusted french toast. Rash of bacon. Pot of Earl Grey tea. Water. TGIF!

20161021_085318.jpg

Forget my last post.

Seany boy I Love You !! Eggy Bread and a rasher.

Lasgane Al Forno for dinner. Garlic and parsley bread. A  good red and some South African Kwazulu green. My own of course, which is heavenly. A bag of salted peanuts when, as sure an egg is an egg, the munchies kick in later.

Just going to light up the woodburner as the Autumn evening introduces itself. A wonderful red sky and a calm sunny weekend forecast.

By the way ebk. What are Triscuits? Baked 3 times?