BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

23 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

You'll have a great time sister !

When I first went to India we went to a Pastry sort of Cafe/shop in Calcutta called Kathleen's. It was THE luxury store in Calcutta. Flashy, bright, clean and had air con. As per normal all the staff were kitted out in the crispest linens and looked the business. The windows were full of all sorts of tarts and fancies and mini Pizzas There was loads of fancies that looked like they had cream in and chocolate and fresh fruit. We couldn't resist. What a let down the taste was. Sort of super sweet non dairy cream that was just awful. The Pizzas were even worse. Sure it's got better now that tastes have changed?

This afternoon I have been marinating lamb shoulder in Tikka spices. Having chums round on Saturday so I am doing Lamb Tikka Rogan Josh, which i will make tomorrow. Fiery too. A Mulligatawny soup to start and our guests are bringing a cheese cake. Love my Indian food

Thanks, CP! I sure hope so! :) 

I do hope you and Mrs. CP didn't fall sick or anything after eating at that cafe? :wacko: It sucks when a cake shop that looks so promising, is such a huge let down. Your experience sounds similar to the one I had with a cake shop called Warm Oven. The place received such glowing reviews from customers on rating websites and the shop looked so clean and professional. The cakes looked so creamy and attractive. Some were like works of art. Such visual delights. But within 24 hours after eating their chocolate truffle, my mom and I fell ill with a horrific tummy bug and we thought :'never again!'. 

And then there is this tiny little insipid cake and savoury shop called Cake Genie. When I first visited, there were hardly any customers there and you could miss it at the blink of an eye, since it was located smack in the middle of a busy intersection. After dining there, all I can say is that, the people of Bangalore are so silly for not visiting this hidden gem. I mean you can buy lasagna, slices of blueberry cheesecake, apple pie, strawberry short cake, lemon tea cake, truffle, chocolate mud pie and cup cakes (to name a few!). The owner is so nice that he even allows customers to give descriptions of the desserts they want, even if it hasn't been featured in the main menu! 

Speaking of pizzas, the majority of pizza outlets around here, serve pizzas with excessively thick crusts and sometimes even have cheese bursting out of them! Yikes! The first culprit to come up with this fat fest, was an outlet called Pizza Corner! Oh brother! :slapface: But then surprisingly, Dominos changed all that and their wheat thin crust pizzas are actually pretty tasty. I am not kidding, CP! :D 

I visited Starbucks  for the first time in my life, just the other day. My dad insisted on taking me there, because according to him, it is the place to be seen at! And as I had initially suspected, it was utter shite! I ordered a caramel frappuccino. It was like tasting water, sugar, milk and cream and chewing on bits of ice! And the caramel? You had to use a bloody magnifying glass and act like Sherlock Holmes to investigate the mystery of the missing caramel! Or better yet, employ those Enid Blyton characters - the Five Find-Outers and Dog to investigate! Oh and did I mention that I had a brain freeze?! I cannot believe that business is thriving and people are reviewing this shitty place so highly!

If someone tells me that they will be taking me to Starbucks on my birthday, I'll honestly go on strike and will probably tell them to get stuffed! Overpriced nonsense! Bleh!

A lesson for all us food lovers out there, is to be extra cautious when it comes to trying out restaurants that are overly hyped about or which look 'too clean' for their own good! :lol: 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

We don't do Starbucks or Costa Coffee as, well we don't drink coffee and their tea is appalling. 

To keep our taste buds in a state of disrepair, it's Jerk Chicken this evening. My friend makes a super bitter and hot paste which he let's loose the Scotch Bonnet :veryhot:

Served with Chips and Mayo on the side. CP towers smells like a Indian/Jamaican restaurant ! Better get some Aloe Vera toilet roll for the weekend;)

13 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

We don't do Starbucks or Costa Coffee as, well we don't drink coffee and their tea is appalling. 

I don't visit Starbucks either. That was just a one time visit (I was trying to keep my dad happy - the poor man was so eager to go that I didn't want to hurt his feelings). As the old saying goes: Never again. 

Booze, booze glorious booze in celebration of my new dream job!!! :drunk:

I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose freewill!!! 

My, my, my, I'm so happy, I'm gonna join the band, 
We are gonna dance and sing in celebration, We are in the promised land

IMG_1382.JPG

However drunk I might be, I ALWAYS use a fuckin' coaster!!! ;) 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

1 hour ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

IMG_1382.JPG

Too right Kiwi

So tonight is Indian evening with the visit from chums from over the hill.

Mulligatawny Soup for starters

Lamb Tikka Rogan Josh for main. Naan Breads and plain Basmati rice  

Guests have done a sweet which could be a cheese cake

Lots of Wines and beers from around the world. A Pinot Gris from New Zealand, Lager from Bavaria, reds from Spain. Green from upstairs.

Could be a messy evening

Sorry I forgot WELL DONE for your dream job sister !!

Edited by chillumpuffer

3 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

IMG_1382.JPG

Here's some good stiff to celebrate with:

Enjoy! ✌?️

13 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Too right Kiwi

So tonight is Indian evening with the visit from chums from over the hill.

Mulligatawny Soup for starters

Lamb Tikka Rogan Josh for main. Naan Breads and plain Basmati rice  

Guests have done a sweet which could be a cheese cake

Lots of Wines and beers from around the world. A Pinot Gris from New Zealand, Lager from Bavaria, reds from Spain. Green from upstairs.

Could be a messy evening

Sorry I forgot WELL DONE for your dream job sister !!

Thank you so very much, CP! :friends: I had so much to drink last night, but I haven't experienced a hang over today! :lol: 

Hope you enjoyed your Indian dinner, last night! :beer: 

17 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Turkey tetrazzini.   I made it for dinner yesterday using the rest of the leftover Thanksgiving Day turkey. 

Good use of leftovers. 

No leftovers for me this year. Just having an avocado and pepper jack cheese  on wheatberry bread sandwich and some water.

16 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

TGIF!!

One of the smoothest whiskies I've had, in a while! The peatiness is downright sexy! 

IMG_1388.JPG

Shoot...that stuff has been around forever. It's a blended. Used to see ads for it in the 60s and 70s. Not so much anymore.

French Toast...not just for breakfast. Not on French Toast Friday.

20161202_104729.jpg