BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

On 18/10/2017 at 10:17 PM, Walter said:

For ebk, cp and our other vino connoisseurs in the thread:

I have seen this before Chuck. Interesting. Average price I pay is about £7 for wine. I don't go cheap and I don't go expensive.

Naked Wines are shite though ! Never had a good bottle from them

Dinner tonight:

Smoked Mackerel Pate and thins

A plump Chubby Roaster. Roast Pots and snips. Purple Sprouting Broccoli. Bread Sauce

A fruit tart and cream

A Toscana red from Italy for me and a NZ White for Mrs CP

17 hours ago, Strider said:

$5 to $20 a bottle is my usual buy when it comes to wine. Although I will go as high as $50 or $60 for certain vintages...but I usually try to suss out a good bargain before the prices go up.

I'm addicted to these.

20171025_151018.thumb.jpg.c9a8f8a12179262cb206d57fe6583488.jpg

Danish Kringle - hm ... yummy. Velbekomme!

I absolutely love any kind of Danish cakes. My favorite kage is Dagmartærte. I took a look at the ohdanishbakery.com and I think they call Dagmartærte Seven Sisters.

Denmark: endless, uncrowded fine sand beaches, cakes & Porse Snaps and you know what "hygge" means :)

• 4 weeks later...

It's a cold Saturday evening. The wood stove is crackling and a red is breathing and thoughts turn to the table.

Chicken Live Pate and thins

30 day aged Aberdeen Angus Rump Steak. Green Peppercorn sauce, Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic, A medley of greens

Raspberry Cheesecake and cream

A selection of Cheeses with Quince Jelly

Wines: Reds from Spain and Portugal. White from New Zealand. A crisp White Port for the cheese

We are having chums over for dinner and I am doing  Malaysian :

Singapore Laksa with king Prawns and coconut. Spicy, rich and warming. This Laksa has Noodles,Beansprouts and Bamboo Shoots. Topped with Mint/Coriander Leaves.

The soup has been made by cooking the Prawn heads and shells to make a stock and then a tin of Coconut milk. I have made a Laksa paste from Chillies, Lemon Grass, Galangal, Coriander Seeds Garlic, Fish Paste and dried Shrimps

Chicken Kapitan Curry. A paste made from loads of Herbs and Spices. Coconut Milk and Palm Sugar. Slowly cooked with Lime Juice and Coriander Leaves at the end.

Plain rice and Chapatis.

Chocolate Fondants and Fresh Raspberries and cream. I know not Malaysian but it is a show stopper as the chocolate oozes out from the middle

Loads of red and white Wine. Beers and green  (although they don't partake)

I have cheese and White Port if we can fit anything else in.

Edited by chillumpuffer

^^^ Sounds delicious CP. After all the Thanksgiving comfort food, I'm in the mood now for some seafood. I didn't take a photo of my Thanksgiving plates...I went to two Thanksgiving gatherings; one regular and one vegan...if you've seen one you've seen them all.

Over the many years of eating Thanksgiving feasts, I have decided on my favourite wine to drink with turkey. 1. Zinfandel 2. Rosé.

So this year I brought these two bottles along.

251887-cline-ancient-vines-zinfandel-2015-label-1493282070.jpg.3b9a34f4c21ac8bbc8ba650b84585f93.jpg

grizzlypdt-7.png.f725255e12f547d4e468235834bd019e.png

The Cline Cellars is a long-time favourite of mine...since at least 1997. The Rosé is made in Provence by a nice English couple who picked up stakes and moved down to France. Both bottles are inexpensive...less than $20.

20 hours ago, Strider said:

^^^ Sounds delicious CP. After all the Thanksgiving comfort food, I'm in the mood now for some seafood. I didn't take a photo of my Thanksgiving plates...I went to two Thanksgiving gatherings; one regular and one vegan...if you've seen one you've seen them all.

Over the many years of eating Thanksgiving feasts, I have decided on my favourite wine to drink with turkey. 1. Zinfandel 2. Rosé.

So this year I brought these two bottles along.

251887-cline-ancient-vines-zinfandel-2015-label-1493282070.jpg.3b9a34f4c21ac8bbc8ba650b84585f93.jpg

grizzlypdt-7.png.f725255e12f547d4e468235834bd019e.png

The Cline Cellars is a long-time favourite of mine...since at least 1997. The Rosé is made in Provence by a nice English couple who picked up stakes and moved down to France. Both bottles are inexpensive...less than $20.

15% Alcohol in that Red man - wow headache material?

Tired today after last evenings cooking, so an easy Sunday it is.

Pan fried Venison Steak - game reduction, Roast Parsnips and Purple Sprouting Broccoli. I may have a glass or 2 of red or nothing

Got the tired winter blues. I hate hate, hate the winter. The darkness and cold. But, of course, the kitchen is always there to cheer one up.

Whilst the wood burner crackles I will be making sea food.

Moules for kick off. Mussels in wine,cream, garlic and bay leaves

Sea Food Paella. Squid, prawns both small and tiger. Garlic, onion, red pepper, green beans, wine and fish stock. NO CHORIZO ! Mussels for the top. Classic Valencian rice dish

Fresh fruit tartlets and cream. A rich red for me and a white for Mrs CP