BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Whatever Gatorade is..................

Snacks at the bar this evening: Calamari rings with a Mayo dip. Chinese ribs with Hoisin Sauce. Wine and buds for relaxing. Tunes for the feet and head.

:lol:  

That meal sounds awesome.  Do you bread the calamari yourself?

Food court shrimp and chicken teriyaki? Shudder.

Since I am betting on the San Francisco '49ers to win the Super Bowl, my Super Bowl feast will have a San Francisco flavour. Clam chowder in sourdough bread bowls. San Francisco burgers. Napa Valley wine.

On tuesday we went to a Polish restaurant. The pierogi and the Tyskie beer were fabulous, the Grasovka vodka was too cold.

This morning we had a great breakfast from the Italian deli: Sicilian bread, dry cured ham from Sardinia and some Italian cheese.

For dinner we are going to have a borlotti bean stew and later this evening a fine Bordeaux 🍷

22 hours ago, Walter said:

:lol:  

That meal sounds awesome.  Do you bread the calamari yourself?

No it was battered (as were we at the end if the evening). It was oven done and wasn't great. Next time deep fry methinks?

55 minutes ago, LedZed66 said:
On tuesday we went to a Polish restaurant. The pierogi and the Tyskie beer were fabulous, the Grasovka vodka was too cold.

This morning we had a great breakfast from the Italian deli: Sicilian bread, dry cured ham from Sardinia and some Italian cheese.

For dinner we are going to have a borlotti bean stew and later this evening a fine Bordeaux 🍷

As always Led sounds lovely. No beer or Vodka for me as I don't drink it but I'll give the Bordeaux a go.

This evening: A Coconut Fish Curry. Hake filet in a spicy coconut gravy served with Basmati rice or Pilau if I can persuade Mrs CP to do it. More weed and wine in front of the stove. 

On 2/1/2020 at 7:36 PM, chillumpuffer said:

As always Led sounds lovely. No beer or Vodka for me as I don't drink it but I'll give the Bordeaux a go.

This evening: A Coconut Fish Curry. Hake filet in a spicy coconut gravy served with Basmati rice or Pilau if I can persuade Mrs CP to do it. More weed and wine in front of the stove. 

The coconut fish curry sounds so delicious, CP.

I am no fan of aperitifs but I love to have a digestif after dinner.

• 1 month later...
My second week working at home. It's ok but I miss my colleagues and clients.

I prefer hot lunch over dinner so I have to cook during my lunch breaks. The motto is: fast and delicious :D
Yesterday I had some hash browns, today I made a wonderful tomato soup. Needed 25 minutes 👍

15 hours ago, LedZed66 said:
My second week working at home. It's ok but I miss my colleagues and clients.

I prefer hot lunch over dinner so I have to cook during my lunch breaks. The motto is: fast and delicious :D
Yesterday I had some hash browns, today I made a wonderful tomato soup. Needed 25 minutes 👍

Hi Led. I hope all is well in this mad time?

Both of us are at home into our second week also. It's not so much different for me as I work from here anyway and it's good to have Mrs CP here. She has been painting and cleaning and sorting through things which is great.

Just made a batch of Sultana scones which smell and look lovely. Just need some clotted cream and some jam and we have a Devon cream tea :D

Store cupboard staples this evening but of course that doesn't mean tinned rubbish.

Spaghetti with Chorizo. A rich tomato based sauce with Italian Herbs

A herb and garlic bread at the bar with drinks. A selection of (more) 'erbs to while away the evening with tunes. Some lovely Rioja for accompaniments

I have been eating a lot more fresh prepared foods since the virus. Lots of squash, peppers, beans, rice--- all cooked from scratch.

Tonight I am making sauteed yellow squash with red bell peppers in a white wine cream garlic sauce with grilled Italian sausages from my local butcher shop.

The weather has turned warm and sunny. Hurrah. So the Weber is out and we have 12 Sardines and a fat Juicy Burger with Onions and Tommy Sauce. We have some Peroni Beer in the fridge although drinking beer is not a hobby I do much especially in the afternoon. So we may just stick to Joints and maybe a glass or 2 of wine as the evening progresses.

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

The weather has turned warm and sunny. Hurrah. So the Weber is out and we have 12 Sardines and a fat Juicy Burger with Onions and Tommy Sauce. We have some Peroni Beer in the fridge although drinking beer is not a hobby I do much especially in the afternoon. So we may just stick to Joints and maybe a glass or 2 of wine as the evening progresses.

My favorite beer, cp. good that your girls were so fertile this past year! 

We've been cooking at home too, obviously. Made homemade tomato sauce with meatballs and whole mushrooms last Sunday which produced dinners with spaghetti noodles, spinach/cheese ravioli and finishing up the baked ziti today. 

Just picked up a beautiful prime rib from the grocery. Plus some turkey breast that will be roasted for Easter dinner next weekend. 

Eating a lot more salads too and taking more walks.  Kraken has been my go to medicine when I think the Rona has finally got to me....so far, so good! ✌🏼 

On 4/6/2020 at 6:35 PM, chillumpuffer said:

Lamb Rogan Josh - hot and spicy. Naan breads to mop up the curry

Delicious, hard to top that one-  Lamb Bhuna Gosht is also a favourite of mine.

In order to guarantee a proper digestion I highly recommend a rolled help with ZeroZero or a Nepalese. Yes, indian cuisine demands big calibre.