BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

That's beautiful. And being how it's Yom Kippur, it's doubly beautiful...

Thanks...Hope you had a fine and peaceful Yom Kippur. French toast made with Challah bread is another favourite of mine.

Edited by Strider

I've cut back a lot on my pizza intake over the years. In the days of my fallow youth it was common-place for me to top off a night of drink and debauchery with pizza and beer and then begin the next day with a cold slice of pizza from the refrigerator.

Those daze are long, long, loooong gone.

But I do treat myself to a slice or two every now and then, particularly on Fridays for lunch...which is what I'm having right now. None of that doughy Domino's or Pizza Hut crap either. Real New York style thin crust with real mozzarella cheese.

Pizza and Led Zeppelin...now that's a lunch combination that can't be beat.

post-1470-0-82538900-1348865031_thumb.jp

Edited by Strider

I've cut back a lot on my pizza intake over the years. In the days of my fallow youth it was common-place for me to top off a night of drink and debauchery with pizza and beer and then begin the next day with a cold slice of pizza from the refrigerator.

Those daze are long, long, loooong gone.

But I do treat myself to a slice or two every now and then, particularly on Fridays for lunch...which is what I'm having right now. None of that doughy Domino's or Pizza Hut crap either. Real New York style thin crust with real mozzarella cheese.

Pizza and Led Zeppelin...now that's a lunch combination that can't be beat.

Not for me, brother. I'll knock out a couple of cold slices for breakfast if I'm in the mood. As my wife would say, three basic food groups are covered: Bread, dairy, and vegetable. See, the no guilt pizza breakfast.

Though, the vast majority of my breakfasts consist of fresh fruits and nuts.

I had a deep need for mashed taters and gravy last night and I od'd.

I added sour cream and cheese to the potatoes, constructed an empty lake, and filled it with with a beef and mushroom gravy.

Meat and veggies were present, but not needed. Will need another fix like this...soon.

A long day and night ahead of me...work, an art show opening party and an art show closing party at opposite ends of town, and a midnight movie.

I need to fortify myself, so I am having my favourite chicken soup in the world: Chicken Tom Kah! Chicken, mushrooms, rice noodles in spicy coconut broth with lemongrass, lime juice and chili paste. Coupled with Vietnamese Hand Rolls: Shrimp, thin slices of ham, rice vermicelli noodles, carrots, green onions and shredded cabbage wrapped in rice paper, with a peanut sauce dip. Led Zeppelin 9-29-71 @ Osaka, Japan is providing the soundtrack.

post-1470-0-06921000-1348957250_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-96290300-1348957294_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-98801600-1348957324_thumb.jp

As the weekend took on a rather chilly and Autumn is descending we had 2 one pot dishes.

Saturday was Fiery lamb Shanks. This was truly superb. Lamb shanks Marinated in green and red chillis, smoked paprika,oregano, fennel seeds cinnamon sticks,garlic and olive oil

It was then cooked with carrots,onion, bay leaves, red wine and stock for 3 hours until the lamb fell away from the bone. Served with creamy mash pots

Sunday was a pork shoulder curry. Again a fiery curry paste was made with Lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves,red chillis,ginger,garlic cinnamon and coriander. The pork was browned then the turn of onion. Add the paste and infuse. Add a tin of coconut milk and chicken stock. Some fish sauce and soy to taste with a couple more lime leaves. Cook for at least an hour and served with basmati rice. Heaven

Mrs CP away all week so it's back to mundaying dinners for one.

Well said, Strider! Maybe it was my talk about breakfast the other day that made you change "style"? :) I wasn't actually referring to the American breakfast as an unhealthy meal... Basically, nutritionists say that it has to be the most abundant meal of the day!

Not that you're not worth listening to, Julia, but no, your post had nothing to do with changing my 'style', as you put it. Due to my schedule, I only eat a typical American-style breakfast three or four times a week. The other days I skip or I'll just grab a croissant and coffee or have some fruit.

Today's breakfast was a German-style Oven Pancake at Dinah's on Sepulveda. Baked in the oven...add a little butter, lemon and powered sugar and MMMMMM...Sehr gut!

post-1470-0-49995000-1349207246_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-88735000-1349207310_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-21837200-1349207416_thumb.jp