BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

Curries. Red,Green,Yellow, Masamam, Jungle :veryhot: . Pad Thai. Noodles, duck, oh yes duck. You will also need the sweet basil the Thais love so much. Bit of an aniseed twist to this basil and it's pretty hard to find. Also the Thais use these wonderful baby aubergines and pea aubergines , which are slightly bitter but go well in a sweet curry. Tom Yum is traditionally done with Prawns and it is one of my favs. I trust you used fresh lemon grass?

Thai Aubergines

post-4226-0-15061500-1355912671.jpg

Pea Aubergines

post-4226-0-25919700-1355912695.jpg

I'm having my brunch. Mixed seed Ryvita, a packet of cheesy Wotsists, and an apple for good measure. :)

And pray tell Magic what has been placed on top of the said Ryvita? Cheesy Wotsits now there's a snack that is so weird to eat. They just disappear in you mouth. Best not go to the dentist after a bag of those golden nibbles?

And pray tell Magic what has been placed on top of the said Ryvita? Cheesy Wotsits now there's a snack that is so weird to eat. They just disappear in you mouth. Best not go to the dentist after a bag of those golden nibbles?

Today it's just Dairylea and some cherry tomatoes, and a couple of pickled onions on the side. :)

Had a devilled Mackeral for dinner last eveing. Wonderful. Melted butter and added some Paprika,Cayenne Pepper,Ground Coriander,Red Wine Vinegar,Mustard Powder and salt and pepper. Scored the Mackeral every 1/2 " and rolled the fish in the marinade. Grilled for 5 mins. Served with a simple salad of tomato, onion, fresh mint and lemon juice. Some fried Potatoes on the side also. The best thing was the fish just fell off the bone and you were left with a "cartoon" fish skeleton on completion. :thumbsup:

It was so good I am going to do the fish again but in a Jerk stylee or maybe a tikka masala

Yesterday's xmas party meal was very nice. Beef bourguignon with dauphinois potatoes. Sadly a total lack of veg, I don't understand why (all the options were served with no discernible veg content, unless you count onions and sprinklings of fresh herbs). But although I didn't say so, it wasn't as impressive as my version. My main quibbles were the tiny pea-sized shallots, if that's what they were, but mainly the fact that the mushrooms & onions didn't taste like they had been pre-fried in brandy & butter before insertion into the pot. Unforgivable.

The starter was a tapas-like affair, featuring salami & prosciutto salad, chorizo, meatballs in a nice sauce and, top of the bill, Dutch 'croquetta', which were similar to normal croquette potatoes, but had chopped chicken, cheese and very sloppy mash inside. Simply divine!

It needed some Bouillon?

I picked up a whole salmon the other day for £3.50 and I've chopped it up & frozen 12 steaks. I'm also steaming the bony bits that still have a lot of flesh on them for the cat.

Just for the hell of it, I'm boiling up the rest of it, minus the guts but including the head, with a view to using it for a soup base, or maybe to add to a fish pie. It will probably be horrible, but it seemed a shame to bin it. Any ideas?

Just for the hell of it, I'm boiling up the rest of it, minus the guts but including the head, with a view to using it for a soup base, or maybe to add to a fish pie. It will probably be horrible, but it seemed a shame to bin it. Any ideas?

I had an idea - throw it away. Stank the place out boiling it, horrible sludgy mess, even the cat won't touch it, eww.