BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

I'm just about to try a Tesco's Finest tub of Bolognese Ragu, bought cheap yesterday. With orzo pasta.

The ingredients list is interesting - includes pancetta and chicken liver. Hopefully the liver will be unnoticeable, because I don't like liver, not at all. In fact, I'm beginning to wish I hadn't read the ingredients...

Usually disgusting those Ragu things. So how was it?

Having leftover Lancashire Hot Pot for lunch followed by Natural Yogurt with a Passion fruit on top

The way I do it. Of course no way traditional:

For 2 people.

6 best end of neck lamb chops or cutlets.

2 lambs kidneys (optional if you don't like offal)

2 small onions, Sliced

2 carrots sliced

1 sweet potato chopped into cubes

chestnut mushrooms. chopped

handful of garlic cloves - whole

Bouquet Garni of rosemary,thyme and bay leaves

Rich lamb stock

The normal spuds are put on the top with about 40 mins before serving.Sliced about 1/2" thick. Not par boiled. When done I drizzle some butter on them and grill to crispen them up

I believe this is the first time I've posted in this thread.

Anyway, having a mushroom and cheddar egg white omelette with plenty of tabasco sauce.

I love omelets!

I'm not as healthy as you though...I can't resist an egg yolk! I usually use 2 eggs, and throw 1 yolk away, and mushrooms is my favorite ingredient.

I believe this is the first time I've posted in this thread.

Anyway, having a mushroom and cheddar egg white omelette with plenty of tabasco sauce.

A woman after my own heart(or stomach). Welcome to the thread, by the way!

Never got around to having dinner last night, so I am ravenous this morning. Had some chili leftover from the weekend so I made a chili omelet with a little Monterey jack cheese and onions tucked inside with the chili. Topped with a dab of sour cream...and Tabasco. Half a cantaloupe on the side. No taters. Two strong cups of joe. Three glasses of water.

Which reminds me...where the hell is Mr. White? Hope he's not lost up on the ski slopes.

What are magic bars?

You might know them as 7-layer cookies, Virginia. According to my friend in the South, they're known down there as 7-layer cookies. I hadn't heard of them by either name until planted enlightened me. In order of placement in the pyrex: unsalted butter, graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, chopped walnuts, sweetened condensed milk, shredded coconut.

Here's before and after photos I took making them recently:

post-1470-0-27176800-1357664407_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-74298200-1357664445_thumb.jp

Yeah where is Charlie?

I am a making a Spag Bol for my mate who has a few days off tonight. It is into it's 2 hour of cooking and is doing very nicely. Opening a couple of bottles of red and keeping an eye on my stock of Priscilla, as he is prone to get his fingers nimble.

I have also done a garlic baguette ( it's the future) and have a orange and passion fruit tart and cream for afters :)

Never got around to having dinner last night, so I am ravenous this morning. Had some chili leftover from the weekend so I made a chili omelet with a little Monterey jack cheese and onions tucked inside with the chili. Topped with a dab of sour cream...and Tabasco. Half a cantaloupe on the side. No taters. Two strong cups of joe. Three glasses of water.

Which reminds me...where the hell is Mr. White? Hope he's not lost up on the ski slopes.

You might know them as 7-layer cookies, Virginia. According to my friend in the South, they're known down there as 7-layer cookies. I hadn't heard of them by either name until planted enlightened me. In order of placement in the pyrex: unsalted butter, graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, chopped walnuts, sweetened condensed milk, shredded coconut.

Here's before and after photos I took making them recently:

They sound amazing (I love butterscotch!); I will definitely give them a try. I have made turtle brownies many times before, but that's something different (german chocolate cake mix, melted butter, melted caramels, nuts and chocolate chips).

They sound amazing (I love butterscotch!); I will definitely give them a try. I have made turtle brownies many times before, but that's something different (german chocolate cake mix, melted butter, melted caramels, nuts and chocolate chips).

If planted hasn't already posted the recipe(she's been ill, the poor dear), I'll shoot you a PM after work.