BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

Looking good Strider. Too bad for the soup. Unfortunately, a lot of eateries don't make their own soups as it costs less to do this. Some of the premade soups can be quite good, but not like homemade. Some of the companies that produce these soups and are ordered by restaurants in bulk are Kettle Cuisine and Hale and Hearty Soups. A lot of restaurants also do this with desserts too.

Looking good Strider. Too bad for the soup. Unfortunately, a lot of eateries don't make their own soups as it costs less to do this. Some of the premade soups can be quite good, but not like homemade. Some of the companies that produce these soups and are ordered by restaurants in bulk are Kettle Cuisine and Hale and Hearty Soups. A lot of restaurants also do this with desserts too.

Sad but true.Soap is so easy to make!

Got a ham bone and going to make a nice split pea tonight!

Good for you. The flavor comes from the bones like with chicken soup. Chicken thighs work best.

Hi Dave,

Tend you use what is on hand.For a split pea/ham soup get a almost bare hame bone.Simmer then remove and cut the rest of the meat away.Save for later.Render the stock(reduce) then add veggies(split peas),then simmer and then the ham bits and serve,....

Chicken,cook a roaster and then add the remains,half an onion,a few stalks of celery and a carrot,always save the stock and freeze it as it can be used for another round of soup!

Beef stock? I am not telling! :angel:

Need a bit of help here. Having steak tonight with a salad.

Will be using fresh lemon juice, s/p and evoo in the dressing. Any suggestions of what else can be added to the dressing to make it more flavorful?

Garlic!

Oh, IDK, maybe about 25 or 30 cloves...BAM!

:-)

^^^

Great minds think alike. ;)

Ha! That was my first thought too! GARLIC! Not powder either Dave...real garlic cloves mashed up. Also try a little green peppercorns or fresh cilantro.

Used garlic cloves. Disn't go with the dijon, but perhaps another time. Steak is a heavy meal and the Dijon might make it that too. Also added a bit of hot sauce and some Maggi, for those of you who are familiar with that. I think it originally comes from Switzerland as I saw that on a lot of the table in the restaurants there back in the late 90's, when I was there.

Was in the mood for some peaches and plums today(actually I'm ALWAYS in the mood for peaches and plums, haha), and the Farmers' Market was literally bursting at the seams with beautiful varieties of each. Thought about going for some White Peaches, but I had recently had a bunch of those on my trip that I picked up in Pennsylvania Amish Country.

So I went with a nice, basic yellow, goldpeach. Mmmmm. Heaven.

post-1470-0-19539800-1375645585_thumb.jp

For the plums, there was a mind-boggling display of samples to try.

post-1470-0-48007400-1375645707_thumb.jp

The winner was the Heirloom Japanese Burgundy plums.

post-1470-0-82628400-1375645786_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-67650300-1375645836_thumb.jp