BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

Great choice!

You'll be happy to know that I washed it down with a litre of Canada's finest...a bottle of Canadian Gold sparkling water.

Dinner with friends last night:

Openers...

Salad of heirloom tomatoes, burrata, red onion, olive oil and balsamic reduction.

Hamachi (Yellowtail) sashimi-style, togarashi, crispy shallots, cilantro and sweet soy.

Heirloom tomato gazpacho.

Entree...

Pan-seared Bass w/ wild mushroom ragout, rapini, and cherry tomato marmalade.

Wine with meal...bottles of 2011 Nikolaihof Hefeabzug Grüner Veltliner Wachau and 2011 Cline Cellars Ancient Vines Zinfandel.

Dessert and afters...

Strawberry shortcake.

Rhubarb tart.

Various fresh fruits and cheeses.

Coffee.

Oh, a catered affair? I thought maybe you cooked it. It sounds like something you would whip up, having all those delicious blackberries and such.

Thanks for the compliment.

Last night, it was simple Texas chili and jalapeño cornbread and Cline Zinfandel while watching the game.

You'll be happy to know that I washed it down with a litre of Canada's finest...a bottle of Canadian Gold sparkling water.

Dinner with friends last night:

Openers...

Salad of heirloom tomatoes, burrata, red onion, olive oil and balsamic reduction.

Hamachi (Yellowtail) sashimi-style, togarashi, crispy shallots, cilantro and sweet soy.

Heirloom tomato gazpacho.

Entree...

Pan-seared Bass w/ wild mushroom ragout, rapini, and cherry tomato marmalade.

Wine with meal...bottles of 2011 Nikolaihof Hefeabzug Grüner Veltliner Wachau and 2011 Cline Cellars Ancient Vines Zinfandel.

Dessert and afters...

Strawberry shortcake.

Rhubarb tart.

Various fresh fruits and cheeses.

Coffee.

Getting hungry just by reading this. I'm a big fan of burrata and just love the creaminess of it and especially when it mixes with the evoo and balsamic. Can't beat it! Gruner Veltliner is one of my favorite German wines and white wines overall. Quite dry and crisp.

Tonight for me will be pan fried tri tips steak seasoned with a bit of s/p and montreal steak spice. Pan fried a bit to sear it and finished off in the broiler. Accompanied with a red wine shallot sauce. The sauce will not be home made, but store bought. But have made it in the past. Very good quality sauces in the packages to a box for under $4. Made by Christian Pottier and from France. Just heat them in the micro on medium for 10-15 secs and done. Will also be having Ore Ida SteaK Fries and Olivia's Organics Spring sald mix with a French Vinaigrette. Will be having a few glasses of water with it as well as some 2010 cab from Souverain. Good stuff!

Last evening Mrs CP treated me to a seafood paella which I washed down with a great red Rioja from Bodegas Navajas. She had a NZ Chardonnay which was lovely and for starters we had a dressed crab which I made a Marie Rose sauce to serve.

Tonight is Local Lamb steaks with a mint sauce and roasters. Broccoli will add some green to the platter. More Rioja and a small number of greenary

I made Laap, a Laotian meat salad for dinner. The recipe I used calls for ground pork, scallions, cilantro, fresh mint, lime juice, chili sauce and roasted rice powder. I served it wrapped in romaine lettuce leaves. I was feeling energetic this afternoon so I even made a Middle Eastern dessert called harissa. It came out well if I say so myself. Who would have thought that something made with Cream of Wheat and yogurt could be so delicious? It's just as well I have company because otherwise I might eat it all myself.

Last evening Thai green curry chicken with Basmati rice. Mrs CP made a historic Plum crumble with the last of this years crop.

Tonight Lamb casserole. Made with best end neck chops and lamb kidneys. Loads of veg and sliced spuds on the top which gets drizzled with butter and grilled so they go crispy. A glass of Rioja will accompany this Autumn warmer

Okay, it literally smells like heaven in my kitchen right now. It ain't braggin if its a fact...

First of all, Im making applesauce with apples picked today..

Pork tenderloin

Oven roasted vegetables.

Leftover chocolate cake.

Edited:

And I have had the best company during all of this prep, providing stimulating adult conversation, wine selection and music that fits the mood.

And you know who you are..;)

Edited by planted