BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

Following Darrin's advice. The CP's are having Cheerios, blueberries and Yoghurt for dinner. Glass of OJ and half a red grapefruit

FIFY. ;)

I'm surprised you even have a box of Cheerios in your pantry, CP. Can you recommend a suitable wine to pair with that? Something oat-y perhaps? :P

Edited by Strider

eeemmmmm let me see? An orange Muscat ?

Having just discussed the dinner options, Mrs CP has opened the bible and demanded a Mumbai Chicken Curry. Goon on her !

Any significant difference in Mumbai curry as opposed to Thai or other Indian regional curry? Less or more coconut? Red or green?

Edited by Strider

Any significant difference in Mumbai curry as opposed to Thai or other Indian regional curry? Less or more coconut? Red or green?

Yes Seany boy. This curry is made of a paste of Kashmiri Chillies - a dozen of them, Tomatoes, Indian spices too numerous to type. No coconut. The red comes from the chillies. It will be hot too. Chicken thighs on the bone are used and not marinated, weirdly enough

More south India has coconut and of course you cannot have a Thai curry without it. The Indians tend to use coconut when making curries of fish or prawns - so geographically the south has more of the sweet nut than the north.

No wine as we are dry in the week. To be honest only a few wines go with really hot food. White of course. Riesling and Vouvrey are favs.

Yes Seany boy. This curry is made of a paste of Kashmiri Chillies - a dozen of them, Tomatoes, Indian spices too numerous to type. No coconut. The red comes from the chillies. It will be hot too. Chicken thighs on the bone are used and not marinated, weirdly enough

More south India has coconut and of course you cannot have a Thai curry without it. The Indians tend to use coconut when making curries of fish or prawns - so geographically the south has more of the sweet nut than the north.

No wine as we are dry in the week. To be honest only a few wines go with really hot food. White of course. Riesling and Vouvrey are favs.

Thanks for the 411 mate. You deserve a nice fat bifta for that. On the subject of wines for spicy foods, allowing that everyone's tastes are different but you might like a nice Mosel from Germany or sake or rice wine from China.

A good tipple Mosel. Baden Baden also. Not a fan of Sake. Don't ask me why.

Of course the best drink to have with Indian is the Lassi. I prefer mine sweet rather than salted but never with Bhang. Bhang Lassi - a speciality on the sub continent. They mix It with bhang or Ganja or Hash. Ready for take off ??

Thanks for the request of a bifta. My latest isn't ready so I'll have to wait until the weekend.