BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

BBQ this evening as it is glorious outside. Jerk Pork ribs, fresh sardines and a fat burger each. A sweetcorn cob to start. Some ice cold Sagres Portuguese beer, a crisp chardonnay and maybe some red for me. A couple of fat biftas of my cali orange bud :D

Salad: arugula and romaine lettuce, grilled peaches, roma tomatoes, beets, quinoa, roasted pecans, citrus (orange-lemon-lime) vinaigrette. Grilled corn on the cob with chipotle cream sauce, shaved parmesan and cilantro. Ginger hibiscus tea.

post-1470-0-46852200-1406279566_thumb.jp

Oh boy the curries just get better. I have spent the best part of an hour making a Masamam Curry Paste. This Muslim influenced paste has a host of goodies to get the taste buds tingling. Far too many to mention.

Wines in the garden - early doors as it's still beautiful weather

Hoi Sin Duck Spring Rolls to start, with a Thai Sweet Chilli sauce and a drizzle of Hoi Sin

Duck Masamam Curry. Made with coconut cream and small Aubergines. I really am looking forward to this Thai/Malay fusion curry

Thai Fragrant Rice

Watermelon for refresh.

Last night after the show, we dined at Marseilles on 9th Avenue. I had a roasted corn salad and saffron risotto. A lovely French rose with the meal and after, while my husband was enjoying a tasty cheese selection, I had a glass of port.

I don't drink enough...port. :)

Dang! That sounds amazing...

Israeli salad

Lemon chicken

Pinot Grigio

It was Planted. A dry Paella of Monk Fish, Saffron, Pimenton Dulce, roasted red peppers and fresh fish stock. I made an Alioli to go with it. This lovely Garlic Mayonnaise dip was perfect with it. 4 cloves garlic made into a paste with salt, 1 egg yoke, 175ml Olive Oil.

I suspect your Israeli salad had plenty of fruit in it?

Last night after the show, we dined at Marseilles on 9th Avenue. I had a roasted corn salad and saffron risotto. A lovely French rose with the meal and after, while my husband was enjoying a tasty cheese selection, I had a glass of port.

I don't drink enough...port. :)

Was it a ruby or a white Port ebk? The Portuguese make magnificent White Port. Ice cold, it goes with cheese like Jimmy and Robert! :D

Was it a ruby or a white Port ebk? The Portuguese make magnificent White Port. Ice cold, it goes with cheese like Jimmy and Robert! :D

It was a ruby, cp. I will look out for a chilled, white though. Sounds amazing!

I heard something on NPR the other day about adding port to balsamic vinegar and boiling it down to make the balsamic more wonderful. I will try and find the link. (for you if you're interested, but mostly for my husband because he is interested).

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/07/24/334424736/with-help-from-americas-test-kitchen-why-buy-when-you-can-diy

It's near the top. Some of the other stuff there looks good as well.

Edited by ebk

It was Planted. A dry Paella of Monk Fish, Saffron, Pimenton Dulce, roasted red peppers and fresh fish stock. I made an Alioli to go with it. This lovely Garlic Mayonnaise dip was perfect with it. 4 cloves garlic made into a paste with salt, 1 egg yoke, 175ml Olive Oil.

I suspect your Israeli salad had plenty of fruit in it?

Tomato is a fruit, right? ;-)

1 cucumber ( or 6-7 Kirby's )

4-5 tomatoes, seeded

1 green bell pepper, seeded

3 scallions

4 radishes

Salt and pepper

All of the above chopped to perfection. Add some crusty multigrain bread and good olive oil.

It's a go to salad on a hot summer night.

Edited for:

And please call me Kris. :-)

Edited by planted

Tomato is a fruit, right? ;-)

1 cucumber ( or 6-7 Kirby's )

4-5 tomatoes, seeded

1 green bell pepper, seeded

3 scallions

4 radishes

Salt and pepper

All of the above chopped to perfection. Add some crusty multigrain bread and good olive oil.

It's a go to salad on a hot summer night.

Edited for:

And please call me Kris. :-)

OK Kris it is then. I remember my travels in South East Asia, Israeli salad was popular in the "ghetto" type guest houses. Always had fruit in it, and yes Tommy is a fruit.

We made a Spanish salad with our BBQ sardines on Friday. Here it is:

Little Gem Lettuce

Tomatoes

Spring Onions (scallions)

Hard Boiled Egg

Jar of Anchovies in Olive Oil

Black Kalamanta Olives

To this you can add cucumber (Mrs CP is not keen) and white bread croutons

Dressing of red wine vinegar and olive oil

It was a ruby, cp. I will look out for a chilled, white though. Sounds amazing!

I heard something on NPR the other day about adding port to balsamic vinegar and boiling it down to make the balsamic more wonderful. I will try and find the link. (for you if you're interested, but mostly for my husband because he is interested).

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/07/24/334424736/with-help-from-americas-test-kitchen-why-buy-when-you-can-diy

It's near the top. Some of the other stuff there looks good as well.

We are fans of Balsamic. We buy stuff that's at least 10 years old, not the cheap stuff which tastes too tart. Excellent with olive oil and fresh crusty bread to dip in.