BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

Oh boy the curries just get better. I have spent the best part of an hour making a Masamam Curry Paste. This Muslim influenced paste has a host of goodies to get the taste buds tingling. Far too many to mention.

Wines in the garden - early doors as it's still beautiful weather

Hoi Sin Duck Spring Rolls to start, with a Thai Sweet Chilli sauce and a drizzle of Hoi Sin

Duck Masamam Curry. Made with coconut cream and small Aubergines. I really am looking forward to this Thai/Malay fusion curry

Thai Fragrant Rice

Watermelon for refresh.

Greek tonight. First a selection of spreads with pita - eggplant, hummus, tzatziki, and caviar (my fave!), then a plate of lemon roasted potatoes, green bean, red peppers and feta. Entree for me was baked stuffed eggplant - stuffed with a ground lamb concoction - sooooo good! We had a pitcher of sangria with it.

I will never eat again.

Greek tonight. First a selection of spreads with pita - eggplant, hummus, tzatziki, and caviar (my fave!), then a plate of lemon roasted potatoes, green bean, red peppers and feta. Entree for me was baked stuffed eggplant - stuffed with a ground lamb concoction - sooooo good! We had a pitcher of sangria with it.

I will never eat again.

Ebk, it sounds delicious. I'm looking forward to hearing how the rest of your trip goes.

I will never eat again.

:D . Does sound deelish.

Butter Chicken/Basmati Rice/Salsa/Roasted Zucchini

CP, always enjoy reading your menu - obviously this is a passion for you. Must have one happy wife!

Thanks SandraAnn. Butter chicken or chicken Tikka Masala is a fav here too.

Food is a passion - one lives to eat not eats to live ( or is it the other way round?) Yes Mrs CP does seem happy. Are you Mrs CP? Indeed she is :lol:

I will never eat again.

The question is, what time did you eat? Anytime I've eaten authentic Greek it's been 10:00 or later! :)

Right now.....Publix popcorn with Kraken/Coke shots and LED ZEPPELIN! My wife always know what's up when she's not home and I have the Zeppelin cranked on the home theatre system with a Zep DVD on! Maybe Walter on the floor later....forgive my posts past this time!!!! ;):P:):drinks:

Edited by Walter

The question is, what time did you eat? Anytime I've eaten authentic Greek it's been 10:00 or later! :)

When I visit my brother in Italy, we always eat that late. Here, I like making my dinner reservations at 8 - Dinner At Eight! I don't think we left until around 10.

Tonight, before the theatre, we ate at Esca (a Batali, Bastianich, Pasternack restaurant), specializing in Italian seafood. I had a salad of summer veggies, ricotta and vinaigrette. Then monkfish with roasted corn and tomatoes. And a glass of nebbiolo. Then gelato with espresso. It was fabulous.

When I visit my brother in Italy, we always eat that late. Here, I like making my dinner reservations at 8 - Dinner At Eight! I don't think we left until around 10.

Tonight, before the theatre, we ate at Esca (a Batali, Bastianich, Pasternack restaurant), specializing in Italian seafood. I had a salad of summer veggies, ricotta and vinaigrette. Then monkfish with roasted corn and tomatoes. And a glass of nebbiolo. Then gelato with espresso. It was fabulous.

I ate the couch as our O's are going to put me in the hospital. Another heart stopper. Tomorrow we go out to dinner at a very good Italian restaurant in the village of Fairport, NY> They have been around for ages in another part of town but just added this second restaurant. I know we will get appetizers. Clams and likely Escarole. I am leaning towards Gnocci's. But not sure. And very sure I did not spell it correctly again. Oh and to boot I turn 57. One step closer to that big 6

First run of wild sockeye salmon finally here! Baked whole and served with egg and parsley sauce, garlic mashed potatoes and new baby beets with their greens.

Seems like everyone is having salmon this week! I grilled some wild sockeye Monday night - delicious with sweet potatoes and sautéed mushrooms and spinach.

This morning, some of Mrs. Walter's delicious homemade banana bread and a cup of coffee with my favorite coconut milk hazelnut creamer. Mmmmmmmm. :)

Sounds like something Wavy Gravy would eat! :D:P

What does hemp milk taste like?

It tastes kinda like soy milk but, I don't know, a bit earthier (only word I can think of)? They sell it at Whole Foods and stores like it if you want to try it out. I cut out milk because I found out it didn't make me feel that great, and hemp milk is a nice alternative.