BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

Feeling better today after a seriously bad hangover yesterday.

Hope the hangover was worth it and you had a seriously good night :drinks::party::drunk::banana::burp::faint1::zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Dinner tonight ..... Traditional English roast beef dinner, with soggy peas and yorkshire puds. As much as I love and usually eat various cuisines from around the world, I occasionally get back to my birth roots and love a good home cooked roast.

Hope the hangover was worth it and you had a seriously good night :drinks::party::drunk::banana::burp::faint1::zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Dinner tonight ..... Traditional English roast beef dinner, with soggy peas and yorkshire puds. As much as I love and usually eat various cuisines from around the world, I occasionally get back to my birth roots and love a good home cooked roast.

It was Whoopsie thanks.I either peaked far too soon or the fact that our friends contrived to serve the first course at 9 and the main at 10.30. We arrived at 7 and started to tuck into some greenary and red wine. Time flew, as it does, and I was shocked to see the time had drifted away and i got seriously hungry. I am not a fan of eating late especially as I only had a donut nectarine and a bag of crisps all day. I also woke up early on Sunday and spent the whole day feeling very bad.

Roast beef eemmmmm lovely. As the Autumn awaits that will certainly a feature on our table in the coming months.

Feeling a little down with all the sad news lately and nothing quite like a drink and a steak for a pick-me-up. Went to the H.M.S. Bounty for their famous "baseball steak".

One steak. One scotch. One beer. Mmmmmmm.

I ate cookie today, and I feel guilty about it, as I'm trying to learn how to be good

Guilt? Over a measly cookie? Goodness gracious, are you Catholic?

Since when does learning how to be good require one to forego a simple pleasure as a fresh-baked cookie? Simply swim an extra lap or two or run an extra mile. With all the berries and water you consume, a cookie ain't gonna kill you.

This self-abnegation of yours isn't living, it's merely enduring life. What's the point of living to 100 if you live like an ascetic. I'd rather have 10 years of enjoying life and its pleasures to the fullest than an eternity of dull deprivation.

Save the guilt for something worth feeling guilty for...murder, absconding with the pension funds, putting ketchup on steak. ;)

What kind of cookie was it?

It will be as thin as a Rizla paper and have the same amount of calories. I think CJW will be running like Forrest Gump just to shift the gram of fat that passed his lips.

Breakfast today was right out of the "Eat the CJW way" Blueberries, donut nectarines and Greek Yogurt. The only thing that I've changed from the book ( p17) was that I had a medium glass of OJ.

Italian this evening.

Bruschetta to start. I have mixed some very sweet tomatoes with garlic,basil,red onion, a dash of extra virgin olive oil and a smidge of balsamic. Served on toasted pan

Spag Bol.Homemade, a rich and meaty ragu.

A selection of cheese, non of which are Italian. An organic Staffordshire Cheddar with Wild Garlic , Blue Dovedale (a blue from around here) and smoked Wensleydale.

Wines of Portugal and Italy

Dinner this evening:

Smoked Mackerel pate with ginger and lime. Black pepper flatbreads

Pan fried duck breast. Orange and redcurrant sauce, roast potatoes, baby corn and sugar snap peas.

Fruit Tartlets and cream

We still have some cheese from last evening. If i can fit a morsel in.

Wine from Spain and Australia