BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

meatloaf and potatoes....

Mr. All-American. Hope you had gravy to go with that? ;)

Guinness, steak and mushroom pie. Peas and carrots and pearl onions. Salad of butterleaf lettuce, tomatoes, cranberries, watercress, pine nuts and burrata. Hunk of crusty sheepherder's bread. Bottle of Abita Purple Haze beer.

Mr. All-American. Hope you had gravy to go with that? ;)

Guinness, steak and mushroom pie. Peas and carrots and pearl onions. Salad of butterleaf lettuce, tomatoes, cranberries, watercress, pine nuts and burrata. Hunk of crusty sheepherder's bread. Bottle of Abita Purple Haze beer.

Mr Half British. Hope you had a gravy to go with that? ;)

New Years Eve and the CP's are at CP towers this year. The wood burner is in and the wines are open. Tonight's delectation's are;

To Start: Pan fried squid and King Prawns with lemon and garlic butter. Served with an Olive bread for mopping up. French Chardonnay

Filet of Beef en croute served with a rich gravy. Roast garlic and rosemary potatoes and sugar snap peas. A Reserva Rioja from Bodegas Navajas

Lemon Cheescake and whipped cream

Cheeses: Cornish Blue, Cornish Garlic Yarg, Y Fenni (a cheddar with mustard). Black grapes, 12 for each chime at Midnight.

Herbs: Indian Charas and some incredible stinking skunk

A happy new year to all the foodies who have contributed to this thread. I raise my glass to you all :toast:

That's it CP, I'm coming over! ;) The way you put your menu to words is impeccable! Food poetry for sure! :yesnod:

Happy New Year to you both. :toast:

New Years Eve and the CP's are at CP towers this year. The wood burner is in and the wines are open. Tonight's delectation's are;

To Start: Pan fried squid and King Prawns with lemon and garlic butter. Served with an Olive bread for mopping up. French Chardonnay

Filet of Beef en croute served with a rich gravy. Roast garlic and rosemary potatoes and sugar snap peas. A Reserva Rioja from Bodegas Navajas

Lemon Cheescake and whipped cream

Cheeses: Cornish Blue, Cornish Garlic Yarg, Y Fenni (a cheddar with mustard). Black grapes, 12 for each chime at Midnight.

Herbs: Indian Charas and some incredible stinking skunk

A happy new year to all the foodies who have contributed to this thread. I raise my glass to you all :toast:

Have about 25 minutes until New Years hear on the East Coast. A couple of friends over with some drink and apps.

For drink it's La Crema Chardonnay with a couple Pinot Noirs from France's Beaune region, Prosecco at the hour and a bit of Grand Marnier if we wish....as we probably wouldn't have enough already!

Apps: Shrimp par boiled in water, white vinegar and Old Bay with cocktail sauce (the way to do it with so much flavor). Sliced soppressata, smoked salmon on blinis with cream cheese topped with white fish caviar and two French cheeses. A goat cheese ( a semi soft from the Pyranees and not your typical Chevre and a Sheep's cheese called Abbaye de Belloc. Not sure of the region, but a semi soft with so much flavor and a bit nutty. The Chevre is is named Bethmale. All good and a great time!

Happy New Years to all and a much prosperity hopefulness to all in 2015!

Hopefully, a great year for Zep and perhaps Jimmy....finally! We'll see!