BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

I came home from work early last evening, and made the Mrs and I bowl of beans which had been cooking in the slow cooker all day. My kids looked at me in disgust not able to understand why I love beans so much. Tried telling them it was my grand mothers fav meal but they wanted nothing of it.

What? Just beans? Pray tell Chalks, which variety of bean was cooking all day?

Just got home from a wine and cheese tasting. 8 wines, 8 cheeses. Ended up buying 2 bottles each of the pinot noir, rioja, and valpolicella. And I'll be cheese shopping soon.

Mmmmmm. My name is Strider and I approve of this menu. :drool:

Name and vineyard please ebk?

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.cvne.com/&prev=search

We had the Cune Rioja Crianza 2010 (with manchego cheese). The woman who owns the shop and does the tastings says that Cune does great wines at every price level, so whatever you're looking for, you can't go wrong if you pick one up.

Getting ready to pick up an 18" NY style pizza, with pepperoni and mushrooms, from our favorite place. Maybe some Kraken shots and the RAH DVD will accompany it - with some nice sticky red haired skunk bud for "dessert" later. ;)

Breakfast...well, actually more like a brunch...of steak and eggs. New York Strip rare-medium (more on the rare side than a medium-rare), eggs scrambled soft with cream sherry and chives. Half a cantaloupe. Thick crusty slabs of sourdough bread, grilled, with butter and strawberry preserves. Tea, orange juice, and water.