BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.cvne.com/&prev=search

We had the Cune Rioja Crianza 2010 (with manchego cheese). The woman who owns the shop and does the tastings says that Cune does great wines at every price level, so whatever you're looking for, you can't go wrong if you pick one up.

Sweet ebk. I actually prefer the Crianza to the Reserva. Cune are a reliable producer of Rioja and I can get it locally. Have a word with the shop owner and see if she can get anything by Bodegas Navajas. This producer produces amazing wine. From their Crianza to Gran Reserva's they are incredible. My favourite from the affordable range is Arjona. A tremendous wine which I pick up for @ £6.50.

I think sweet wine goes well with cheese - maybe a floral muscat or Gwertz.

Getting ready to pick up an 18" NY style pizza, with pepperoni and mushrooms, from our favorite place. Maybe some Kraken shots and the RAH DVD will accompany it - with some nice sticky red haired skunk bud for "dessert" later. ;)

Should the Pizza actually be consumed after the bud? ;)

As does your pizza...as long as it's real NY-style and not Dominos. ;)

Yeah, nice big slices you can fold! Then I stop by and get Walter Jr. a pan pizza from "the Hut"....:rolleyes:

Should the Pizza actually be consumed after the bud? ;)

Most definitely before the bud, otherwise it trims the buzz! ;):D

Sweet ebk. I actually prefer the Crianza to the Reserva. Cune are a reliable producer of Rioja and I can get it locally. Have a word with the shop owner and see if she can get anything by Bodegas Navajas. This producer produces amazing wine. From their Crianza to Gran Reserva's they are incredible. My favourite from the affordable range is Arjona. A tremendous wine which I pick up for @ £6.50.

I think sweet wine goes well with cheese - maybe a floral muscat or Gwertz.

We had a riesling ice wine with a delicious bleu cheese for the final "course". Loved the cheese, but the wine was way too sweet for me. A Gwertz probably would have been more to my taste. Or just a late harvest riesling. The ice wine part put it over the edge,

I'll ask her about Bodegas Navajas. Thanks!

Steamed Key West shrimp with Old Bay seasoning and cocktail sauce, hot and spicy fried chicken wings with blue cheese dressing, and popcorn chicken for Walter Jr. - his favorite. These plus other "side" items and various beverages.

Not so much a meal as satisfying a craving: Moroccan oil-cured olives. I'm wild for them! So I bought some and they were just as good as I imagined. Hit the spot just so. Of course, I had to get a baguette to nibble on with them. Of course, a baguette is better with a bit of Brie. Of course, olives, a baguette and Brie are better with some red wine.

Not so much a meal as satisfying a craving: Moroccan oil-cured olives. I'm wild for them! So I bought some and they were just as good as I imagined. Hit the spot just so. Of course, I had to get a baguette to nibble on with them. Of course, a baguette is better with a bit of Brie. Of course, olives, a baguette and Brie are better with some red wine.

I have an on/off relationship with the humble Olive. I had some in Spain infused with Rosemary which were historic and some really disgusting ones in brine. By the way anything goes well with red wine !

Breakkie today: Porridge with a handful of fresh blueberries

Bien sûr. As Spock would say, "Logical."

A blueberry lemon donut and a cup of joe is my breakfast right now.

Bien sûr. As Spock would say, "Logical."

A blueberry lemon donut and a cup of joe is my breakfast right now.

\V/ - good, simple food that makes you happy helps towards that (incidentally, fascinating how Nimoy arrived at that gesture, but that's for another thread).

Blueberries are my favourite. Raw are best, but in pierogies with some butter and a bit of sugar on top are a close second.

I have an on/off relationship with the humble Olive. I had some in Spain infused with Rosemary which were historic and some really disgusting ones in brine. By the way anything goes well with red wine !

Breakkie today: Porridge with a handful of fresh blueberries

That's a shame about the bad olives; at least you've not given up on them.

Again, blueberries MMMMM! Not-so-subliminal message for tomorrow.

And yes, Chill, red wine makes everything just that much better, especially Mondays lol

Had an Elk burger for lunch today. Not bad...slightly gamier than buffalo. Didn't overload with too many toppings...just mustard, sliced red onions, sliced tomato, and lettuce on a brioche bun. No fries or anything like that. Just the burger and a glass of iced tea.

Edited by Strider

Vietnamese dinner with friends...

First course: Shrimp fritters, rice paper rolls, noodle dumplings, grilled shrimp skewers, green papaya salad.

Main course: Apricot-glazed ribs, banana-leaf fish, Bo saté (filet mignon in spicy peanut sauce with yams and long beans), coconut curry cod, clay pot curry vegetables, sautéed eggplant with pork. Rice and sautéed baby bok choy.

Various teas and beers (Bia Hoi).