BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

Home made, rich Spaghetti Bol. As we are now officially on holiday - red wine. Lots of it :D

Break out the golf clubs!

Warm bowl of porridge this morning with butter, brown sugar, bananas, raisins, and blueberries. Pot of English Breakfast tea.

Oh, and a couple of tall glasses of H2O.

Break out the golf clubs!

Warm bowl of porridge this morning with butter, brown sugar, bananas, raisins, and blueberries. Pot of English Breakfast tea.

Oh, and a couple of tall glasses of H2O.

Clubs being cleaned for 3 rounds at San Lorenzo Golf course, Quinto De Lago next week. Can't come quick enough as we got a foot of snow this morning

For my late breakfast/early lunch I had an egg/cheese/turkey sausage fritttata over sweet potato hash and a biscuit. And coffee. Then, after a walk, I stumbled into a fabulous neighborhood tavern. By the time I left, they all wanted me to come back tomorrow.

Too bad we're leaving tomorrow...

^^^

Were they buying you drinks, E? Beer or wine?

I was drinking beer. Triple C IPA (I try to drink local). The very nice man next to me - Ray - did try to buy, but that wasn't happening... :)

I must say, I was pleasantly surprised that 2 of the regulars there (both guys) were drinking red wine. I don't see that often in the neighborhood taverns. One of the guys had a glass and a ginormous bottle right next to him. I get the impression that he will be there until the bottle is empty...

I was drinking beer. Triple C IPA (I try to drink local). The very nice man next to me - Ray - did try to buy, but that wasn't happening... :)

I must say, I was pleasantly surprised that 2 of the regulars there (both guys) were drinking red wine. I don't see that often in the neighborhood taverns. One of the guys had a glass and a ginormous bottle right next to him. I get the impression that he will be there until the bottle is empty...

Damn, wish mr planted and I were there to join you!!

^^btw....Im not coming without Deborah J, Texas Melanie, slave and KB..

Back on topic..

Edited for: spelling

^^ I belong to only one other music forum Walter. Several years ago there were a small group of us who would 'meet' in a live chat room one night a week. It was fun.

Absolutely! I really hope we can all get together someday! Summer in New England is the obvious choice! ;):) Edited by Walter

Daughter made beef bourguignon! It was excellent, she used the recipe from Julia Childs' The Art of French Cooking cookbook. It took her like four hours to make and it was so delicious! She served it with polenta and french green beans, yum!

Sounds terrific! I am a big fan of Ina Garten who credits much of her success to the cookbooks of Ms. Childs. Good for your daughter for attempting one of her recipes!

I wish Strider, jb126, myself and Mrs. Walter, Mr. and Mrs. IPlanted, and ebk + others were ALL there to join in! That would seriously be fantastic! :)

I would so be there!!! Just say when and where :)

So, dinner tonight was fantastic. We ate at Customshop. I started with the best salad I've ever had - Endive, Heirloom carrot, Smoked Almonds & Curry vinaigrette. Soooooo good. Had an Italian red wine with dinner.

Then I had the tuna special - blue fin cooked medium rare, with local mushrooms and pearl onions in a horseradish/white wine reduction sauce.

For dessert, we shared salted caramel bread pudding with caramel ice cream, and a brownie souffle with mocha ice cream. And I had a black port.

If only we were here for a few more days, I'd be able to work my way through the entire menu.

^^btw....Im not coming without Deborah J, Texas Melanie, slave and KB..

Hear, hear! :yesnod:

Daughter made beef bourguignon! It was excellent, she used the recipe from Julia Childs' The Art of French Cooking cookbook. It took her like four hours to make and it was so delicious! She served it with polenta and french green beans, yum!

That's quite an accomplishment! Congratulations to your daughter. You brought back memories of my dad's first attempt to make Beef Bourguignon, also using the Julia Child cookbook, back in 1969. It took him at least 6 hours...we were starving by the time dinner was ready at 8pm. He served it with Vichyssoise, french green beans, roasted fingerling potatoes, and french baguettes.

It was sooooooo good and beef bourguignon remains one of my favourite dishes to this day.

Edited by Strider