Today's NYT Crossword Puzzle: Led Zeppelin theme

DE12

Not exactly news but not sure where else this would belong and I thought it was fun.

You have to be a subscriber to see the crossword puzzle but I've attached the PDF in case there are any crossword fiends among you. (A very small "thank-you" for all the great photos, links, and news items I've been enjoying the past few months.)

Warning: The link completely ruins the surprise of the puzzle so just providing it as the source.

http://wordplay.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/17/stop-fretting/

Sep1812.pdf

Hahaha...I am having lunch right now and I like to work the NY Times puzzle while I eat, so as I get a few clues into the puzzle(the first clue across is 'Rock legend Jimmy'), I notice the Led Zeppelin theme! I gotta share this with the forum...but someone already did, I see.

If you still get the actual newspaper like me, the puzzle is in The Arts section, page C7.

Here's the finished puzzle. As you can see, I kind of got derailed a bit with 17 Across and 4 Down. John Bonham made an appearance and the shaded squares ascended like a stairway thru the puzzle. The shaded squares spell out 'Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin'.

post-1470-0-63370200-1348003870_thumb.jp

Glad you all are enjoying it! I'm a bit of a crossword/Scrabble addict myself...

Here's the finished puzzle. As you can see, I kind of got derailed a bit with 17 Across and 4 Down.

Strider: Love the serendipity! While I don't want to spoil the "easter egg" there is one more surprise in the puzzle. I'm guessing you can see it if you take another look... Or maybe you already have and are staying mum!

Glad you all are enjoying it! I'm a bit of a crossword/Scrabble addict myself...

Strider: Love the serendipity! While I don't want to spoil the "easter egg" there is one more surprise in the puzzle. I'm guessing you can see it if you take another look... Or maybe you already have and are staying mum!

Are you referring to 'guitar hero'?

Kind of spoils the fun when the answers have already been posted.

No argument there which is why I provided a spoiler alert and a blank crossword but of course it depends on how people read posts. All the same, I am guessing the "answer" post was made in the spirit of enjoyment and enthusiasm!

Are you referring to 'guitar hero'?

Oops - my error! I see you nailed it in your original reply. Never mind! (Not recopying here in case anyone is not reading beyond original post.)

Archived