Page, Plant, & Jones Press Conference: Friday, September 21

mstork

Great link PlanetPage :peace:

...You very welcome... Our Heroes did a great Job...I am not going to watch each and every angle to find this wrong and that wrong...life is too short for this...

they did what they had to do, they were on a emotional journey with many colorful moments in their hearts and minds...it was their best attempt to find union between themselves at this stage of their life and the Timeless youth "Led Zeppelin"...

i noticed when that attractive woman named Ana around 14 minutes in asked a question Jimmy and Robert responded with a "hi ana" which i didn't notice they said to anyone else.

i wonder if Jimmy had planned to bring up the question about what they thought of the concert just in case someone asked a question about future reunion.

i noticed when that attractive woman named Ana around 14 minutes in asked a question Jimmy and Robert responded with a "hi ana" which i didn't notice they said to anyone else.

i wonder if Jimmy had planned to bring up the question about what they thought of the concert just in case someone asked a question about future reunion.

Yeah, she was a looker, Plant maybe forgot that he's recently married....

When the CNN guy tried to sneak in a reunion question, likely Page did have a planned answer, because there had to be someone who would ask.

Yet he's performed with them on at least three occasions and he appears on a new album/DVD that bears the name Led Zeppelin. He may not be considered an official full time member but he's not exactly chopped liver either. Show the man some respect, he's earned it.

I simply stated he's not a member of Led Zeppelin. Though views may vary - indeed they do - all rebuttals to this have failed to rebut.

I'm ok with the notion that Jason Bonham is an "honorary" member of Led Zeppelin. How many times has he sat in for his Dad at this point, something like 3 (Atlantic Records, Jason's wedding and the 02)? I think he deserves a lot more respect than I see him getting here. It's not as though he's some guy they dragged in off of the street to play drums for these occasions.

I think the whole point is that no matter how often he plays with them, it would always be because he was sitting in for his dad. No one is taking away from the fact that he is an amazing musician and, as the three remaining members of Led Zeppelin have stated, the only one who could have done the job right. It doesn't change the fact that he's not a member of Led Zeppelin though. If you want to see him getting respect, I recommend that you watch the press conference where he was given proper respect by the three men who know better than any of us just exactly what it meant for him to be in the position that he was in.

...You very welcome... Our Heroes did a great Job...I am not going to watch each and every angle to find this wrong and that wrong...life is too short for this...

they did what they had to do, they were on a emotional journey with many colorful moments in their hearts and minds...it was their best attempt to find union between themselves at this stage of their life and the Timeless youth "Led Zeppelin"...

Couldn't have said it better myself :)

I simply stated he's not a member of Led Zeppelin. Though views may vary - indeed they do - all rebuttals to this have failed to rebut.

My initial comment concerning Jasons DNA was a light hearted swipe directed towards Taro's persistence that Jason is not a member of Led Zeppelin. I'm surprised you did'nt get that .

By this logic Phil Collins (Live Aid 1985) & Michael Lee (RNRHOF 1995) are also members of Led Zeppelin.

Cmon, you are smarter then replying like this :). + I dont really want to argue with a Zep cappacity like you... over the internet... in this great Zep time... Lets enjoy what we are getting.

It was great to see Zep back together again, really enjoyed the press conference. I thought they all seemed laid back and to be enjoying the moment :)

The build up to the cinema screening and DVD/CD release is too much. To quote Captain George from Blackadder, I'm as excited as a very exciteable person who has a special reason to be excited.

To me, Jason Bonham will become a full-fledged LZ member when he has songwriting credits on a LZ album and he tours with the band to support the album. Right now, LZ is a nostalgia act, including the 2007 show.

If the Beach Boys can go on from being a nostagia act to producing a solid album of new material and do a succesful tour in support of that album, so can the mighty Zeppelin! ( I know I'm grasping at straws lol).

I'm sure he has the utmost respect of his fellow band members, that wasn't what I was referring to. I was referring his fanbase on this message board. The least his fans could do would be to refer to him as an honorary member of Led Zeppelin, which he is. If he's not, then what is he?

I guess I just look at him as an incredibly talented drummer who makes the most sense to ask to help out the extremely rare moments when the three remaining members have performed. I don't believe anyone on this message board has any ill will toward Jason, they just don't see him as a member of Led Zeppelin because as far as most are concerned the band's lineup has never and will never change. Anyway it's one of those areas that will be fought over time and time again with no real resolution.

From my understanding Robert isnt married. He just made an off hand joke and it took off from there.

Ahhhh Robert and his jokes lol. Honestly with some of the people asking questions even I was happy to see someone attractive out there. I don't think it had any effect on his relationship married or not :peace:

So, will Jason receive any money from the sale of the video and CDs and the movie showings? I don't know English law / performance rights law though. In agreeing to perform with Led Zeppelin for the O2 show, did Jason sign away any royalty rights?

I assume some money goes to the Estate of John Bonham for this release ? ?

Who knows ? ? ?

^^^

I thought they said the proceeds were going to the Ahmet Ertegun Fund?

Sam? Steve?

When/where did they say that? In the press conference? In the press releases ? Not that I heard /read...

They explained in the presser that it was all about the performance and they hadn't set out to make a film..

(just put several dozen cameras in place on the off chance .. )

I think it follows that as the film is an "unexpected" benefit then it's distinct from any contribution they made on the night. There's probably a contract signed at the time which makes that even clearer .

I also think that if the Ahmet Ertegun fund were to benefit from this release, we would have been told .

I'm pretty that I've read that the proceeds (or at least a portion of them) of sales from the CD/DVD/Vinyl, etc. will go to the Ahmet Ertegun fund.

I'm also not completely sure but i do remember at the press conference when Robert mentioned that they don't see each other that often, he said they'd just spent an hour discussing something about the proceeds and the charity, so I assumed that to mean they were figuring out how the money from the release was going to go toward the charity at least in some way. I can't imagine they would need to discuss it for other reasons since I would assume the charity was already paid from what came in at the actual concert.

Archived