Page, Plant, & Jones Press Conference: Friday, September 21

mstork

Did the o2 rehearsals contain a similar energy/vibe like rehearsals leading up to previous tours?

Did the four of you kick around any new tunes during the o2 rehearsals?

Knowing the market for the DVD and CD will be huge, do you all entertain the notion, "never say never?"

The acoustic set was a popular part of your live shows, why no acoustic set this time? Besides, wouldn't it have been nice to sit down and take a breather at your age? ;-)

They didn't play an acoustic set during the '73 tour. And I hit enter as my better half was calling me and wanted to add that they did do an acoustic set in 77 for sure, not to sure of 75. They were so good that night that I don't think an acoustic set was needed. The energy was just gushing and would have been a bit of a let down.

Jeff

They didn't play an acoustic set during the '73 tour.

Jeff

I know, but it was an important part of many of their shows. Especially with Plant's current musical leanings I really thought they'd want to do one. Page and Plant even did it on their four piece tour in '98...

I know, but it was an important part of many of their shows. Especially with Plant's current musical leanings I really thought they'd want to do one. Page and Plant even did it on their four piece tour in '98...

Although, with Page and Plant it really wasn't an acoustic set as they'd switch on occasion between electric and acoustic numbers.

I just remember Page taking a seat and picking out GTC...

Actually, you're right as they did three acoustic numbers together as I checked their set lists. Those being, GTC, Tangerine and Gallows Pole. It was the previous Page/Plant tour back in 1995, in which they switched off and on between acoustic and electric. Have have had something to do with having the Egyptian and standard orchestras?

Don't want to to throw this thread off into another direction, so hopefully this can be answered quickly.

Ok Knebby and all of us : what are the pertinent and relevant questions ? Does anyone have a top 3 list of questions to ask if you were there ?

Questions in no particular order or level of difficulity to answer:

Why has this film taken five years to release?

What makes this the right time to release this film?

What percentage of the sales, if any, is going towards (Ahmet's) charity?

Is this release Led Zeppelin's swan song?

Any thoughts concerning the leak of the 02 rehearsal recording? To what extent did it delay this release?

Was the job of mixing this release offered to Kevin Shirley first?

Why was no acoustic material peformed during this concert?

Were other shows aside from this one given serious consideration for release?

Now that this release is imminent, will there ever be a follow-up to Led Zeppelin DVD?

A European swallow or an African swallow?

European, naturally. ;)

That's important Strider. Trying being more specific in the future!

I purposely left it vague to see who would get the joke, SuperDave. You and chef free may cross the bridge. :D

Archived