Page, Plant, & Jones Press Conference: Friday, September 21

mstork

I'm trying to remember the last time the band did a press conference together....

Probably this one?

October 7, 1972

Hong Kong Press Conference

The group hold a press conference in Hong Kong at the Mandarin Hotel.

www.ledzeppelin.com/event/october-7-1972

I show the band's last press conference was held at the King George V Hotel in Paris on April 1st or 2nd but I have no details on it.

I didn't understand the question at 18:30 at all

Hi Taro,

This is only my opinion, but the Polish Radio guy was asking that due to more modern technology, did they feel that this show allowed them to play the ultimate live performances. Jimmy very elegantly stated that they did the best they could do in 2007. That the live versions in 69 had changed/mutated by 73 and 75, always changing...and that as far as one concert they did pretty definitive versions. Always able to answer without really an answer. Gotta love it:-)

JPJ- stated it helped to have more microphones, camaras, better recording technology.

I have to say after having time to really watch this and in full screen I enjoyed it even more. A lot of funny moments. I loved how they brought Jason into the responses a lot.We are all here for this band, and to get to see the remaining three of them together is truly a joy to me. I can wait to get the deluxe edition with the extras. :peace:

Just finished. I'll be watching this again....soon. I wish it could've carried on for another hour.

It would have been cool if two or three "regulars'" here at the official forum could have been represented at the press briefing to present a question or two.

Diplomatic and cool, with a bit of humo(u)r thrown in, just as I would have expected.

That Jason, at times, was the driving force to push the others forward was an unexpected treat to hear.

I've got nothing but a good feeling about the interview.

Well done, gentlemen!

I just love this "NEW" Zeppelin activity, just awesome to see those three at a press conference, how mind blowing that a band that ended in 1979 is having a press conference that the world is watching, and I cant stop watching the Black Dog trailer, man I cant wait for Celebration Day!!!!!

Hi Taro,

This is only my opinion, but the Polish Radio guy was asking that due to more modern technology, did they feel that this show allowed them to play the ultimate live performances. Jimmy very elegantly stated that they did the best they could do in 2007. That the live versions in 69 had changed/mutated by 73 and 75, always changing...and that as far as one concert they did pretty definitive versions. Always able to answer without really an answer. Gotta love it:-)

JPJ- stated it helped to have more microphones, camaras, better recording technology.

Hi, Deborah. It's tangible that technology has nothing to do with an ultimate live performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_ht9skgEF0

My first thought at the onset is I think I saw them as "a band" for the first time in a very long time, then my second thought is I realized that they never stopped being "a band."

Someone mentioned Robert being conflicted: well, duh.

What wasn't said is to me the most enduring. Also, I don't think they could hear the questions at all clearly, so they sort of answered what they they thought they may have heard.

Body language: Jimmy's has always been an enigma.

Robert looked a bit tweaked or lagged, JPJ and Jimmy surprised me at how able and relevent they appear.

I think all three of them would play their music nearly every night and I am certain when they sit down privately with an intstrument they are picking out or humming Custard Pie or singing lightly Bring it On Home and I'm Gonna Crawl.

Jimmy has several tracks waiting for vocals, you know he does. It's a difficult way forward for three- and to do right by the fourth who cannot go along the way.

Can't wait.

Taro, just so you understand..they never needed technology. Hell, this was the best live band of all times to me. Way before the modern technology came along. I thought Jimmy answered the question very elegantly. I would give anything for live footage of the shows I attended in 73 and 75 that could have been recorded with the equipment they have today. But by no means did Led Zeppelin ever need modern technology!

Taro, just you understand..they never needed technology. Hell, this was the best live band of all times to me. Way before the modern technology came along. I thought Jimmy answered the question very elegantly. I would give anything for live footage of the shows I attended in 73 and 75 that could have been recorded with the equipment they have today. But by no means did Led Zeppelin ever need modern technology!

Well said, Deb! :thumbsup:

Taro, just so you understand..they never needed technology. Hell, this was the best live band of all times to me. Way before the modern technology came along. I thought Jimmy answered the question very elegantly. I would give anything for live footage of the shows I attended in 73 and 75 that could have been recorded with the equipment they have today. But by no means did Led Zeppelin ever need modern technology!

You misunderstood my response... We're on the same side. That's why I posted a 1970 Black Sabbath concert.

Well said, Deb! :thumbsup:

Thanks Reggie! A great Zeppelin friend sent me the DVD (not official) but I love and treasure it and have listened to it numerous times and plan on listening to it tomorrow ;) I just keep watching the press conference and it is just so great to see them together.

I'm trying to remember the last time the band did a press conference together....

Probably this one?

October 7, 1972

Hong Kong Press Conference

The group hold a press conference in Hong Kong at the Mandarin Hotel.

www.ledzeppelin.com/event/october-7-1972

did they not do any for the 2003 dvd? or for the 02 concert?

I think people see Jones seeming to sit off to the side, that he lets the other two do most of the talking, and at times he has a distant look on his face. That's the way it has always been to a certain extent. Also, Plant was leaning towards Page, it was just the way they were sitting made JPJ look out of place.

I think I could see a little discomfort among them, not with each other but with the whole event. Page seemed to have some trouble hearing/understanding what some of the press were asking, it can't be an easy thing to do. I did like their answers though, and it looked like they had fun.

Archived