Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
sam_webmaster

Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day Pre-order

Another reason I like to buy in person. That sucks. They should give you a partial refund.

And it's stated on Amazon's website that they will price match the lowest price up to the day of release. It happens all the time. If you follow the AVS Forum or the Blu Ray.com forum many people use Amazon and get the lowest price. If you bought the Deluxe Blu Ray set and it's $38. now and it goes lower you will get that lower price. If it goes up you still get the lower price.

Jeff

I was going to pre-order the Deluxe cd/blu ray/dvd from amazon today after the price dropped from $50 to $38. It seems to have been removed from amazon...

The 2 cd + 2 dvd package is already #33 in Music on Amazon in the USA. Not bad for just after one day!

The 2 cd + 2 dvd package is already #33 in Music on Amazon in the USA. Not bad for just after one day!

It's actually #18 but will be #1 soon :)

#25 on Amazon UK.

Edited by Taro

It's actually #18 but will be #1 soon :)

#25 on Amazon UK.

This was a few hours ago I checked, so maybe it gets updated regularly.

Amazon tells me it can no longer be preordered but I thin k itll come back they seldom know whats happening with product in US

It's still much too early for Amazon to have everything ready to go. Give it a week and I'm sure they'll have it all sorted out. I just hope it's still $37.

I find it strange that the DVD sets are still up for pre-order and not the Blu Ray. Unless...and this is a long shot, they are including the extra footage on the Blu Ray and not selling the extra DVD. Or there was a problem with the Blu Ray to make them pull it to iron out any problems. To me that makes the most sense. Two movies I just checked that are being released later this year but are up for pre-order are E.T. and Lawrence of Arabia and they are still there.

Jeff

It seems like Atlantic /LZ would want to take care of this Best Buy lowered Deluxe with Blu ray to 45 and still assures me it is coming...anyone...help...what happened to Amazon? Even when Star Trek TNG had problems there was still a listing but it was unavailable to purchase til audio problems were fixed...amazon claims there just is no Blu ray in usa ...

Edit Sunday 12:00 - thanks for the clarification I am assuming Amazon used the word "soon" ...I appreciate it...Why do telesales/phone help make definitive statements like "it doesn't exist"without researching a bit...Before my teaching days I worked in a music store (oh yes I got discounts on LZ stuff) and we were told NEVER to contradict someone like that but at worst say "we'll call our distributor..call us back tomorrow"

PS Thrilled that no blu ray is "incorrect'!!! Waited 5 years and avoided all boots/youtube so this will be a revelation...am also in the crowd for a 10/17 showing here in CT, USA!!! Thanks, Sam!!!

Edited by ksgemini

It seems like Atlantic /LZ would want to take care of this Best Buy lowered Deluxe with Blu ray to 45 and still assures me it is coming...anyone...help...what happened to Amazon? Even when Star Trek TNG had problems there was still a listing but it was unavailable to purchase til audio problems were fixed...amazon claims there just is no Blu ray in usa ...

It's just an issue with Amazon's US catalog. Should be fixed "soon".

"amazon claims there just is no Blu ray in usa".

This is incorrect. There certainly will be a blu-ray in the US.

Thanks for the info/clarification Sam, I figured they just screwed something up. :)

Thanks for the info/clarification Sam, I figured they just screwed something up. :)

Called it.

I've had the same sorts of issues with nearly every product I've ever attempted to pre-order from Amazon (the U.S. website or the Canadian one).

I hope soon means they know for those not in the know in the states that Best Buy is 2 clicks away in the 44 dollar range...

Having never per-ordered any thing before, I am a little apprehensive. When it comes back on Amazon, we'll see. If two day shipping plus the cost of the dvd is about the same as Best Buy, I may just go to Best Buy the day it is released.

Amazon has usually been great ...until now...Our Best Buy probably will not get this as they are eliminating physical cd's as they have become near obsolete...I just called them and they are not even stocking the entire top 20 anymore...so I am stuck with the preorder method

Amazon has usually been great ...until now...Our Best Buy probably will not get this as they are eliminating physical cd's as they have become near obsolete...I just called them and they are not even stocking the entire top 20 anymore...so I am stuck with the preorder method

This is the wave of the future. It costs to much for stores to carry CD's and with downloading music now commonplace, especially with the possibility of a higher quality file, CD's will disappear. BB will price match Amazon. IF the Amazon price is still $38. I live in the sticks and I doubt our BB will carry this. If they do I'll be surprised. I hoping to go there today and see if they have it on preorder. I checked BB website and nothing came up for LZ except TSRTS and the DVD.

Jeff

Look under Led Zeppelin- music I had to call and ask- the packages that say wbr means with Blu Ray..it is not listed under movies...I am not sure if Ilinks are permitted so just do a search and its there for preorder Its the one thats 44 something: Cd +DVD (wbr) Deluxe..I am not in the sticks but their selection shrinks daily...they told me the cd selection will be eliminated in 2013 in most stores

Edited by ksgemini

Look under Led Zeppelin- music I had to call and ask- the packages that say wbr means with Blu Ray..it is not listed under movies...I am not sure if Ilinks are permitted so just do a search and its there for preorder Its the one thats 44 something: Cd +DVD (wbr) Deluxe..I am not in the sticks but their selection shrinks daily...they told me the cd selection will be eliminated in 2013 in most stores

Thanks! I clicked on preorders and typed in Led Zep and it came up. I can't even go to BB now and ask them to price match Amazon since Amazon is not at this moment even offering this for sale!

Jeff

I know ..."soon" for them may mean a little while Its a pain and cd universe doesn't have it at all...Barnes and Noble does but its hard to figure out which is which Does anyone have a definitive list of SKU's for all configurations? Ironically Amazon puts tv shows and movies on their site long before they can be ordered sometimes with a "let me know when this is available" note

EDIT Just got an email from Amazon saying that title is "going out of stock" and there may not be sufficient inventory for orders at this point...so despite Sam's help they are telling people other things It was recommended I order from canada

Edited by ksgemini

I find it strange that the DVD sets are still up for pre-order and not the Blu Ray. Unless...and this is a long shot, they are including the extra footage on the Blu Ray and not selling the extra DVD. Or there was a problem with the Blu Ray to make them pull it to iron out any problems. To me that makes the most sense. Two movies I just checked that are being released later this year but are up for pre-order are E.T. and Lawrence of Arabia and they are still there.

Jeff

Blu-ray disc = concert + bonus (rehearsal footage + different camera angles (hopefully))

DVD #1 = concert

DVD #2 = bonus (rehearsal footage + different camera angles (hopefully))

Amazon.com needs a page like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_171609647_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000671613&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=auto-sparkle&pf_rd_r=B82887E20CF84D28BA3C&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=327360667&pf_rd_i=led%20zeppelin%20celebration%20day

Edited by Taro

This is the wave of the future.

It may be somebody's future but it will never be mine.

Reading this thread just reaffirms for me why I live where I do...where there are 30 record stores in a 40 mile radius. I will always buy my music in a physical format(vinyl, CD, DVD, cassette) and in a brick-and-mortar location...or at the very least, a swap meet or flea market.

I have never bought anything online and I never will. I have never used Napster, iTunes, or any mp3 file sites and I never will.

I don't care how old and unhip this makes me in the eyes of today's generation. I have been buying and listening to music my way since 1969 and I am not going to change now.

All this sturm und drung over these worries about Amazon and why this or that doesn't show up, will they have blu-ray or not, will the package get lost in the mail or delayed, who has the lowest price.

Come the morning of Nov. 19 I will calmly go out and buy the Deluxe edition(probably get 2 of them) and go home and spend the next 100 hours listening and watching non-stop.

Reading this thread just reaffirms for me why I live where I do...where there are 30 record stores in a 40 mile radius. I will always buy my music in a physical format(vinyl, CD, DVD, cassette) and in a brick-and-mortar location...or at the very least, a swap meet or flea market.

I have never bought anything online and I never will. I have never used Napster, iTunes, or any mp3 file sites and I never will.

I don't care how old and unhip this makes me in the eyes of today's generation. I have been buying and listening to music my way since 1969 and I am not going to change now.

All this sturm und drung over these worries about Amazon and why this or that doesn't show up, will they have blu-ray or not, will the package get lost in the mail or delayed, who has the lowest price.

Come the morning of Nov. 19 I will calmly go out and buy the Deluxe edition(probably get 2 of them) and go home and spend the next 100 hours listening and watching non-stop.

:goodpost::yourock:

Edited by SuperDave

Blu-ray disc = concert + bonus (rehearsal footage + different camera angles (hopefully))

DVD #1 = concert

DVD #2 = bonus (rehearsal footage + different camera angles (hopefully))

Amazon.com needs a page like this:

http://www.amazon.co...lebration%20day

THAT is an awesome page!! Amazon US is nowhere near that nice! The detail is excellent!

Strider, I applaud your dedication. Nothing wrong with how you feel! But the music industry, like the movie industry is changing. I hope they still offer CD's for you in the future! Walmart, Best Buy and others are shrinking their inventory. It's cheaper and downloading has the same quality and in some cases superior quality sound as CD. I'm not saying I like it, heck I don't even have an i-pod..yet!!

Jeff