Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day Pre-order

sam_webmaster

Now it's my turn to say Amazon always does this...Better to order the first day its up and u will get lowest price up to release day at least in USA....that's why fixing the broken links made me so persistent until they were fixed...I have got some great deals where price drops for one day only to a steal. I ordered the 4 disc Blu deluxe and the Amaray Blu/CDfor something like 67 USD shipped...BB was 50+ just for deluxe if one wanted it expressed so canceled that..Just grab it now and if it goes lower- if UK is same as Amazon here- u will get lowest price between now and Nov 19th...Oct 17th draws closer....

when i looked first time it was £30, when i ordered it, it was at £20 and now its £23, what will i pay? surely they cant do that? by placing my order, they agreed to sell it to me at the listed price, how can they keep changing it? who the hells in charge here?

when i looked first time it was £30, when i ordered it, it was at £20 and now its £23, what will i pay? surely they cant do that? by placing my order, they agreed to sell it to me at the listed price, how can they keep changing it? who the hells in charge here?

'What will I pay?'

The lowest price that the item is offered for between the time you pre-ordered it and the shipping date.

'Surely they can't do that?'

Price changes are routine for unreleased media. Price fluctuations are explained on the checkout page along with the offers that apply to the pre-order.

'How can they keep changing it?'

See above answer.

'Who the hell's in charge here?'

Jeff Bezos.

To quote my earlier post:

If you've pre-ordered it from Amazon you are eligible for the Pre-Order Price Guarantee. You pay the lowest price the item is offered for between the time you pre-ordered it and the shipping date. It takes around 24 hours for price changes to show up on the order details page. More details here: http://www.amazon.co...odeId=200363340

Hope this helps you out :)

'What will I pay?'

The lowest price that the item is offered for between the time you pre-ordered it and the shipping date.

'Surely they can't do that?'

Price changes are routine for unreleased media. Price fluctuations are explained on the checkout page along with the offers that apply to the pre-order.

'How can they keep changing it?'

See above answer.

'Who the hell's in charge here?'

Jeff Bezos.

To quote my earlier post:

If you've pre-ordered it from Amazon you are eligible for the Pre-Order Price Guarantee. You pay the lowest price the item is offered for between the time you pre-ordered it and the shipping date. It takes around 24 hours for price changes to show up on the order details page. More details here: http://www.amazon.co...odeId=200363340

Hope this helps you out :)

cheers man, lets hope it goes to £15 ;)

I have pre-ordered stuff from Amazon in the past & many times the price at release was lower than the pre-order price- and they have always given me the lowest price. On Sept 21 (early afternoon) I used the link from this site to order the Deluxe 2DVD/CD & it sent me to Best Buy where they were charging $47. A couple of days later I noticed here on the forum that the link from here was sending you to Amazon where it was only $33, so I canceled the Best Buy order (mainly because I don't usually order from them & didn't know if they have a lowest price guarantee like Amazon) & ordered from Amazon.

Plus if u subscribe to free 2 day shipping u can really clean up on day of release with amazon...that'll probably be the day UPS comes at 630 pm! They evn refunded me 3 cents on something this week because they dropped it by that much to price match on release day...

My pleasure! That's what is great about the internet! You can educate many people about things like this! Even BB's less expensive cables as well as Walmarts are still more expensive than Monoprice or Blue Jean Cables!

Jeff

You may find these links interesting... I did..

http://www.hometheater.com/content/how-connect-blu-ray-player

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=17648

What I'm not getting is the packaging. All the preorders on this website say it's a CD size packaging. But hidden and hidden deep is the Blu Ray size packaging that I want, the only reason I found it was by accident. Problem is it's just the cd and Blu Ray with no bonus footage. And with the storage capacity of Blu Ray there is no reason for the extra footage to be on the Blu Ray.

Jeff

So I just called my local record store to special order a vinyl copy, as of right now they have all the other formats available for special order, but they do not have any information on the vinyl yet. I wonder why...I'll keep checking back with them anyway...

So I just called my local record store to special order a vinyl copy, as of right now they have all the other formats available for special order, but they do not have any information on the vinyl yet. I wonder why...I'll keep checking back with them anyway...

What record store in Glendale? I'm in Prescott, just north of you.

Jeff

just ordered the on again off again deluxe blu ray from amazon. With release day shipping

We'll see how that works out. Was wondering about the audio quality on the disk only option.

I'd heard the audio wouldn't be as good, but to skip that for the video quality of blu ray.

Does this mean the format on this package gives great video, but not so great audio on the cd's?

No I think Jimmy and co. will see to it that cd sounds great too...for 37-38.00 u cant go wrong going deluxe...I also bought the 2cd/1 blu ray in the blu ray case...one with movies one with my cd's, I guess...people have asked why the bonus dvd is not on Blu ray ..my guess is the bonus dvd is not on blu ray because it was not filmed for hi def/ release and wouldn't show the improvement in quality that the concert will on blu...may even look worse than dvd...some things just cant improve on blu ray if they weren't filmed/recorded the right way I am just thrilled its all coming out finally...

Celebration Day will be my first Blu-Ray DVD. My wife won an xbox at her job last week :-) I pre-ordered from Amazon.

Cancel the pre-order -- Xbox 360 doesn't play Blu-ray discs, and the DVD has only bonus footage on it.

If I'm not mistaken, the extra dvd is exactly that. A dvd full of extras.

What it could feature:

Some footage of the full dress rehearsal -- confirmed

BBC footage (I'm not sure what footage they are talking about) -- confirmed

Alternate camera angles for select songs -- my prediction

Kashmir screen graphics in HD 1080p -- my prediction

And that info is posted where? I don't understand the redundancy of releasing the same bonus material on the blu-ray and an entire dvd.

I do however understand the redundancy of a blu-ray/dvd combo pack where the blu-ray/dvd both have the main movie on them. I have seen no information pointing towards this though.

Archived