Looking for JP / Paul Rodgers / Firm interview in which...

hecube

Jimmy Page comments on the set of the video of "Satisfaction guaranteed", saying it's so sleazy he could live there himself (or words to that effect)...

It's long been removed from youtube but it is on the Joining Forces DVD bootleg.

Jimmy Page comments on the set of the video of "Satisfaction guaranteed", saying it's so sleazy he could live there himself (or words to that effect)...

It's from a 35 min MTV special, Five From The Firm, a behind the scenes feature filmed on their video production set. I believe this originally aired in February 1986, and is not to be confused with the official Atlantic Records VHS release Five From The Firm, which is simply a compilation of their promo videos.

That's not the one. Jimmy seems on top of things in this one, if you know what I mean...

Yes, that is his 1986 interview, but the Five from the Firm special including the making of Satisfaction Garenteed is on this DVD, which is what I have been trying to tell you. I love when he says that and was so pleased it was available here.

Can you please tell me the date of this interview above?

He's on the set for The Firm's 'Live In Peace' video and according to my notes on December 12, 1985 The Firm recorded three videos in one day in London with producer Aubrey Powell - 'All The Kings Horses', 'Live In Peace' and 'Tear Down The Walls'.

Unsure how much of the interview actually aired on television or when, but if it did it was almost certainly an MTV telecast. The way the camera comes up at the beginning suggests this is the complete unaired footage and I'm willing to bet MTV edited it down to a couple minutes or less for an MTV News report btw Dec '85 - Feb '86.

According to my notes the MTV world premier telecast of 'All The Kings Horses' was January 18, 1986.

The Firm - Live In Peace Promo Video

Archived